Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Studios Fan

Thanks Raven for the updates. I'm looking forward to the announcements and finally getting to see some concept art. :) Hopefully we get some other announcements as well (MI coaster, etc.).

So am I correct to believe that this press event will NOT be streamed live online anywhere? I am fully prepared to dump my kids on the husband to watch if it is.

Skipper03

Here are all of the current Disney Princesses:
- Snow White
- Cinderella
- Aurora
- Ariel
- Belle
- Jasmine
- Pocahontas
- Mulan
- Tiana
- Rapunzel
Ariel and Belle will have meet-and-greets in the new areas of Fantasyland. Rapunzel has a meet-and-greet in Fantasyland. Tiana is in Liberty Square. Only one's left that are suitable for Fantasyland are Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora. I'd put one at the old skyway station (I've seen Snow White there before) and the other two in the new spot.

Really? I've never seen or head of Mulan in MK other than stage shows?

Also you'll see Mary Poppins at the Royal Table often, so the whole M&G next to the castle isn't a big deal at all... they could even show Tink off here, right? I mean, there are plenty of options for Disney to coordinate whos at breakfast and whos out at the M&G with no overlap...

JimboJones123

Yes, at Six Flags. :lol:

Exactly.

Disneyland's Fantasyland Theater remodel into M&G, although painfully long, is an outstanding little princess dream. It really knocked my socks off how we spent two full hours there, highly entertained, and the kids wanted to get right back in one and take a second run at the princesses.

This could be great for getting the kiddos out of the way a bit and surround them with a great experience.

The Duck

I wonder if there's any chance that the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train area/queue might have a Snow White Grotto like the other Disney Parks have? It's a fairly simple touch but it could add so much to the theming at relatively little cost.

Wonderland

I think everyone is fixing to be very surprised or very disappointed. First I believe that things could change but it looks right not that all this press conference is going to be about is the new campaign, new ship, and AK Trek. With some mentions of the new Star Wars Simulators and the Fantasyland expansion with an emphasis on the Toontown section talking about the dumbo spinners and maybe some better concept art on the retheme for the Barnstormer. The mystery section that so many on this board for some odd reason seem to keep thinking it will be a Dwarf Mine Car coaster will not be mentioned. If they do talk about it - I've been left in the dark. So I will leave with this most important info - when this mystery section of the Fantasyland expansion does get announced broaden your thinking to the only other movie besides Toy Story 3 that in 2010 grossed worldwide over one billion dollars. Now don't worry they are not going to just theme this section to the current movie's translation of the story. But building on to what is already here "Tea Cups" from the classic animation version. Yes a land within a land! Fantasyland will be making room for Wonderland!

trr1

I believe Raven said there will be two princesses who will use that location for their M&G. I have a feeling it won't be Cindy, I KNOW it won't be Belle (she'll have a M&G all her own by Be Our Guest restaurant), and I don't really know about Aurora. Maybe Snow White will be there? That might be... ironic.
what about Tiana from princess and the frog and Rapunzel from tangled

huntzilla

I think everyone is fixing to be very surprised or very disappointed. First I believe that things could change but it looks right not that all this press conference is going to be about is the new campaign, new ship, and AK Trek. With some mentions of the new Star Wars Simulators and the Fantasyland expansion with an emphasis on the Toontown section talking about the dumbo spinners and maybe some better concept art on the retheme for the Barnstormer. The mystery section that so many on this board for some odd reason seem to keep thinking it will be a Dwarf Mine Car coaster will not be mentioned. If they do talk about it - I've been left in the dark. So I will leave with this most important info - when this mystery section of the Fantasyland expansion does get announced broaden your thinking to the only other movie besides Toy Story 3 that in 2010 grossed worldwide over one billion dollars. Now don't worry they are not going to just theme this section to the current movie's translation of the story. But building on to what is already here "Tea Cups" from the classic animation version. Yes a land within a land! Fantasyland will be making room for Wonderland!

Is this speculation or are you claiming your self as a source?

trr1

I think we shouldnt get our hopes up after the last press conference on September 23rd, 2010 that was a disappointment to many.

jbd4au

The Magic Kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, January 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

This is very interesting . . . I'll be at the private party in the Magic Kingdom on the 18th. I was invited as part of the Disney Dream Christening Celebration. I knew the media was invited too, but I had no idea that there will be a press event about the parks (I just thought it would be about DCL). I'm invited to a presentation in the Hall of Presidents and then the party in the Magic Kingdom will follow. It'll be great to get info on the parks as well as DCL, but I do wonder if it'll really be anything we haven't already heard. :cool:

SeaCastle

I wonder if they're going to announce anything pertaining to the Tiki Room...Lee, could that be what you were referring to about other announcements based on what's going to be decided over the next few days?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom