Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

T-1MILLION

Hopefully an announcement on Imagination tonight....:zipit:

yeah I know. ..I just wanted to shout that out in the very wishful thinking category. Had not seen that one yet...and it would be more than awesome.

David S.

but overall, I still think they are spending an awful lot of money to only increase the number of attractions in Fantasyland by one. And I find it hard to believe they can't come up with a better overlay than "The Great Goofini" - is that really the best WDI can come up with?

EXACTLY! DL's FL will STILL be better, as it will still feature a whooping SIX classic attractions nowhere to be found in the MK - Pinocchio, Alice, Toad, Casey Jr, Storybookland, and Matterhorn. (7 if you count their version of the classic Snow White dark ride we are losing)

And the "Goofini" overlay would only make sense if they were keeping ALL of Toontown and changing it from "Mickey's Toontown Fair" to "Mickey's Toontown Circus" - where the fair has left town but now the circus has arrived.

As it stands now, it just seems so random to have Goofy in Circusland but not the rest of "Fab 5". After all, Goofy never interacted with Dumbo in any of the Classic Animated Features or shorts. Of course, the REAL reason why Goofy gets to stay is probably because keeping him around would make the coaster CHEAPER to retheme!

MAF

Actually I said 2014. :animwink:

I seem to recall all of our insiders adamantly saying that most everything but the mine train would be completed by 2012 and then out of left field today it is now 2014. You can imagine the frustration.

raven

Original Poster
I seem to recall all of our insiders adamantly saying that most everything but the mine train would be completed by 2012 and then out of left field today it is now 2014. You can imagine the frustration.

Rewind and reread. 2012 is the date when the first part will open.

Someone else care to do the cutting and pasting for this? My brain is tired.

CrescentLake

EXACTLY! DL's FL will STILL be better, as it will still feature a whooping SIX classic attractions nowhere to be found in the MK - Pinocchio, Alice, Toad, Casey Jr, Storybookland, and Matterhorn. (7 if you count their version of the classic Snow White dark ride we are losing)

And the "Goofini" overlay would only make sense if they were keeping ALL of Toontown and changing it from "Mickey's Toontown Fair" to "Mickey's Toontown Circus" - where the fair has left town but now the circus has arrived.

As it stands now, it just seems so random to have Goofy in Circusland but not the rest of "Fab 5". After all, Goofy never interacted with Dumbo in any of the Classic Animated Features or shorts. Of course, the REAL reason why Goofy gets to stay is probably because keeping him around would make the coaster CHEAPER to retheme!

Oh goodness will you just quit it with this temper tantrum? Snow White sucked. Yes it was a classic. Yes it was good in its time. But its way past it's heyday and needs to be replaced. We're getting something great in return! You are perfectly entitled to your opinions but please stop trolling.

And Toontown, dear God. I loved that place, don't get me wrong, and Mickey Mouse is my hero of course, but it really was lacking. While I don't like "Circusland" all that much, its still better then the decaying Toontown. In my opinion, that deserves its own "gate."

And no, thats not the real reason that Goofy gets to stay. Goofy "fits" the circus, and its an easy overlay of the Barnstormer. That was my first coaster when I was little, and it continues to be a favorite of my little brother. Its a neat little attraction, and I actually like that they're keeping Goofy in some respect. The Barnstormer theme wouldn't fit, so they are altering it slightly so that it does. Would you rather them retheme it to Dumbo or Alice and throw Goofy out too? And once more, Toontown is NOT a classic. Its just there.

Finally, why does the MK have to be identical to Disneyland? We're getting something FRESH and NEW that no other park has. Finally, we get something first and original. I would prefer that to a clone from DL any day.

SeaCastle

BOOOOOOOO!

CURSE YOU, TDO, CURSE YOU!

(My true reaction is unfit for publication on a family-friendly forum!)

:(:(:(:(:(

First Toontown, now this!

I know I'm in the minority, but I am always more interested in keeping the toys I already have bonded with, then getting new ones. On the other hand, if we could have gotten new stuff without losing any of my beloved favorites, I'd be over the moon with happiness.

I honestly would have been much happier about things if they would have been 'cheaper" and more conservative and ONLY added the Mermaid ride, if that would have meant keeping Toontown and Snow White and everything else "status quo"

:(:(:(:(:(

There would be no such thing as invention or innovation if we kept the status quo on anything...no indoor plumbing...no electricity, cars, etc. For there to be progress, it is absolutely necessary to move on from the "old toys" and try out the "new toys".

If Walt was content with Disneyland, there would be no Disney World. In that case, he dropped everything to focus on his new toys- the Vacation Kingdom and EPCOT.

Furthermore, the status quo before the Expansion, well, sucked. Snow White's Scary Adventure is in horrible shape and is neglected maintenance-wise. Toontown Fair is falling apart. Thus, you have the potential for new and even better things, despite the memories you undoubtedly have of the old things. And yes, maybe a child looks on in those things in wonder and amazement, but how much more would they enjoy an even better Snow White Ride? Or a new place to meet Mickey that's not in a leaky tent? Or double the Dumbo for half of the wait time?

Ignohippo

Lee, Raven: are there any plans for a reuse of the old skyway spot? Say for a fairy and Peter Pan meet and greet? It seems like an odd chunk of land to just sit idle. Especially since the fairies are about to be homeless.

I really wish people would quit fixating that SWSA is getting replaced by the Princess M & G. In my mind it's being replaced by the Snow White Mine Train. The princesses just happen to be moving into the former location of SWSA.

It's too bad they couldn't find a way to build Rapunzel's tower on the east end of the Snow White Mine Train area. It would've been a nice addition (if they could get it to work with the layout of the mine train tracks).

David S.

Dave - relax, relax. That was largely intended to be some good natured ribbing, even though you do frighten me on multiple levels.

So you take back an insult with another one. If someone who strives to see the world through pure and unjaded eyes "frightens you", than you have problems. I am glad I make it a point to avoid surrounding myself with people like you who are jaded, cynical, and apparently incapable of simply being happy with what they already have. It's always "MORE, MORE, MORE", and getting tired of things that once made you happy - just because the stupid "technology" doesn't keep changing to keep up with the Jonses.

I'm simply NOT wired that way, but if that "frightens you" on multiple levels, than as I stated, you are the one with problems, not me.

PS. And it's "David".

raven

Original Poster
Lee, Raven: are there any plans for a reuse of the old skyway spot? Say for a fairy and Peter Pan meet and greet? It seems like an odd chunk of land to just sit idle. Especially since the fairies are about to be homeless.

Possibly. That area is supposed to be incorporated in the expansion but no clue as to what it will be used for. We can only hope that whatever it is will be announced tonight.

MAF

Rewind and reread. 2012 is the date when the first part will open.

Thank you, that is what was confusing me. So a portion of it will be open in 2012, but not everything. I feel a lot better about this project now, thanks again. :wave:

BTW whoever said that the Snow White dark ride "sucked" is cray-zay. I love that ride. I'm not mad about it going though as long as the new replacement is an improvement, which looks to be true.

lebeau

I am glad I make it a point to avoid surrounding myself with people like you who are jaded, cynical, and apparently incapable of simply being happy with what they already have. It's always "MORE, MORE, MORE", and getting tired of things that once made you happy - just because the stupid "technology" doesn't keep changing to keep up with the Jonses.

So, you are just anti-change then?

ChrisM

So you take back an insult with another one. If someone who strives to see the world through pure and unjaded eyes "frightens you", than you have problems. I am glad I make it a point to avoid surrounding myself with people like you who are jaded, cynical, and apparently incapable of simply being happy with what they already have. It's always "MORE, MORE, MORE", and getting tired of things that once made you happy - just because the stupid "technology" doesn't keep changing to keep up with the Jonses.

I'm simply NOT wired that way, but if that "frightens you" on multiple levels, than as I stated, you are the one with problems, not me.

PS. And it's "David".

Whatever you say, Dave. You're a real piece of work.

S

stphnbogert

I can't wait when all of this is done....its going to look AMAZING when its done. thank you disney!!! =D

T-1MILLION

Whatever you say, Dave. You're a real piece of work.

Now you are just being rude.

Also, I don't think he or anyone ever said they hate change, but to fear change is not a bad thing. There is such a thing as change being bad.

Not saying this is, but its healthy to be cautious. And it is perfectly ok to be passionate about things.

Ignohippo

Possibly. That area is supposed to be incorporated in the expansion but no clue as to what it will be used for. We can only hope that whatever it is will be announced tonight.

Thanks!!

So what's going on inside the tents? I'm shuttering at the thought of carney games inside MK! People hate on DinoLand - IMO, this would be much, much worse.

When the rumors began about CircusLand, someone said the area would be more like a placeholder for something more permanent down the road. Is that true or does WDO really expect this to be the end result and permanent for years and years to come?

No offense to anyone, but the circus area is incredibly lame IMO. It looks like something that is just thrown there. Cheap and unimaginative by Disney standards. I'm having a hard time understanding how one popular spinning ride has exploded into it's own area without any other major (or even minor) attractions except for it being an easy way to save money.

It almost looks like there's even a ticket booth in the front. Puke~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom