Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

David S.

Oh goodness will you just quit it with this temper tantrum? Snow White sucked. Yes it was a classic. Yes it was good in its time. But its way past it's heyday and needs to be replaced. We're getting something great in return! You are perfectly entitled to your opinions but please stop trolling.

Oh, so anyone with a differing opinion is now a "Troll". It is only your OPINION that our Snow White ride "sucked" and "needed to be replaced". I could just as easily call you a "troll" for saying those things about an attraction that I love, but I'm in the minority here so it makes it easier for you to try to portray me that way.

And Toontown, dear God. I loved that place, don't get me wrong, and Mickey Mouse is my hero of course, but it really was lacking. While I don't like "Circusland" all that much, its still better then the decaying Toontown. In my opinion, that deserves its own "gate."

And no, thats not the real reason that Goofy gets to stay. Goofy "fits" the circus, and its an easy overlay of the Barnstormer. That was my first coaster when I was little, and it continues to be a favorite of my little brother. Its a neat little attraction, and I actually like that they're keeping Goofy in some respect. The Barnstormer theme wouldn't fit, so they are altering it slightly so that it does. Would you rather them retheme it to Dumbo or Alice and throw Goofy out too? And once more, Toontown is NOT a classic. Its just there.

In YOUR opinion. In my opinion, being able to tour Mickey and Minnie's homes, and spend time in the colorful, whimsical "squash and stretch" world where the "Fab 5" live has become a classic and integral part of a Disney Magic Kingdom-style "Castle Park" experience.

Finally, why does the MK have to be identical to Disneyland? We're getting something FRESH and NEW that no other park has. Finally, we get something first and original. I would prefer that to a clone from DL any day.

If clones from DL are so undesirable, then you should have no problem, then, with MK tearing down Pirates or the Mansion or Big Thunder or Splash Mountain or Jungle Cruise, then, right? ALL were "clones" from Disneyland. Most would say those SHOULD be an "integral" component of EVERY "Castle Park". I think they should stay, too, but with my taste, losing ANY of those (EXCEPT Splash) would not hurt as much as losing Snow White or Toontown.

With my taste, my favorite rides in ANY Disney "Castle Park" are the short Fantasyland dark rides that tell the story of the Animated Classic films. They are as important to me as things like Mansion and Pirates are to most "Disney geeks". So what's wrong with me wanting those attractions that I see as ESSENTIAL CLASSICS, like Pinocchio, Alice, and Toad in the MK? Why should those stories ONLY be told in DL, but not the MK?

This expansion was the PERFECT opportunity to tell these stories in the MK Fantasyland, but they squandared it and are only adding a net total of ONE new ride (Mermaid). If DL clones aren't good enough, then where is the NEW version of the Pinocchio and Alice rides for MK that SURPASS DLs in storytelling and the all-important Sacred God technology?

Lee

Adventurer
There's no excuse as to why it would take them 2 years longer when the projects were started around the same time. I don't buy the, "Oh the facade is mucher greater..." argument.
What?
Mermaid and Beast will open late 2012. Perhaps a year or so behind DCA's.

Howdy, partner... Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness...
:lookaroun
:lookaroun
Hmm... Frontierland... :lookaroun
Nope.

What? Seriously? They're saying that?
:ROFLOL:

ChrisM

Now you are just being rude.

Rude? Perhaps. Pointing out the obvious? Certainly.

I'll be the first to acknowledge this is an imperfect medium for the proverbial yanking of chains, but one would think someone as apparently, err, unique, as Dave-o would be the first to realize he was a prime target for such treatment. If Daveopolis is truly as carefree and childlike as he claims, then one would be inclined to believe he'd be the the first to laugh at his foibles being pointed out and roll with the punches. Instead, Daveth treats us to what is likely the more correct, and infinitely more uptight, version.

He's a goof. We all are. Proceed to unharsh thy mellow.

PirateFrank

Now, I think, would be a good time to thank the people "in the know" that ferret out the facts and try to leak them to us in the least litigious way possible. We had the facts for this expansion dead-on months ago, and it's exciting to see it pan out. Thanks, guys.

Also, I think we once and for all can also see which posters here are fully, completely, and irrevocably full of pure, 100% horse plop.

So thanks again to those who DO know, and who DO share.

Hear Hear!!!

Ignohippo

To me, getting upset SWSA is being replaced for the Snow White Mine Train is a bit like being upset if they'd tear down Barnstormer to build Matterhorn!

Regardless of what the "net attractions" is, this is a HUGE upgrade to MK. I hate, hate, hate the circus idea but I'm still glad to see them doing SOMETHING! It may not be my favorite idea, but at least it will be fresh and it's probably the best they could do with the budget they've been given.

tirian

Thanks!!

So what's going on inside the tents? I'm shuttering at the thought of carney games inside MK! People hate on DinoLand - IMO, this would be much, much worse.

When the rumors began about CircusLand, someone said the area would be more like a placeholder for something more permanent down the road. Is that true or does WDO really expect this to be the end result and permanent for years and years to come?

No offense to anyone, but the circus area is incredibly lame IMO. It looks like something that is just thrown there. Cheap and unimaginative by Disney standards. I'm having a hard time understanding how one popular spinning ride has exploded into it's own area without any other major (or even minor) attractions except for it being an easy way to save money.

It almost looks like there's even a ticket booth in the front. Puke~

I wish a C-level dark ride based on the "Mickey's Madhouse" concept would make its way to Storybook Circus. Back in the 70s, Imagineering proposed a circus-themed land for Disneyland; Mickey's Madhouse was essentially a wild mouse coaster surrounded by static figures. Since the MK now has a circus land, a Toad-style dark ride based on Mickey's Madhouse would be perfect.

EDIT: Forget about Toontown. Why not expand Storybook Circus into a legitimate place for the characters? Ringmaster Mickey, Lion Tamer Donald, Horse Rider Minnie, Tightrope Walker Daisy, Gymnasts Chip and Dale, Aerialist Goofy, Clairvoyant Clarabelle, etc.

S

stphnbogert

Does anyone know if the themeing for it all is completed for the Mine Ride? Like detail-wise if they finalized everything?

trr1

I wish a C-level dark ride based on the "Mickey's Madhouse" concept would make its way to Storybook Circus. Back in the 70s, Imagineering proposed a circus-themed land for Disneyland; Mickey's Madhouse was essentially a wild mouse coaster surrounded by static figures. Since the MK now has a circus land, a Toad-style dark ride based on Mickey's Madhouse would be perfect.

EDIT: Forget about Toontown. Why not expand Storybook Circus into a legitimate place for the characters? Ringmaster Mickey, Lion Tamer Donald, Horse Rider Minnie, Tightrope Walker Daisy, Gymnasts Chip and Dale, Aerialist Goofy, Clairvoyant Clarabelle...
one already exists at AK its called PRIMEVAL WHIRL you can ride it here

Ignohippo

EDIT: Forget about Toontown. Why not expand Storybook Circus into a legitimate place for the characters? Ringmaster Mickey, Lion Tamer Donald, Horse Rider Minnie, Tightrope Walker Daisy, Gymnasts Chip and Dale, Aerialist Goofy, Clairvoyant Clarabelle, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this area be exactly that. There's a lot of ground here for there not to be something more substancial. Besides, the infrastructure for the meet and greets already exists.

tirian

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this area be exactly that. There's a lot of ground here for there not to be something more substancial. Besides, the infrastructure for the meet and greets already exists.

The infrastructure is being ripped out. :)

I'm looking to another land right now for a possible announcement within the next year. Does that making me a foaming fanboy? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom