Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Oh look someone repeating a pathetic attempt at sarcasm, AGAIN. So witty...

Like I said, facades shouldn't take two years to create. No excuse...

Facades? Maybe not. The rides, attractions, restaurants, theming, etc? Yeah, it may take a little longer.

But when you're on a boycott, time flies by. No worries....

David S.

Whenever a classic Disney ride is replace there is always some sadness. But c'mon... Disney can do better than Snow White's Scary Adventures. It's a classic dark ride, yeah, but the technology is bare bones - basically what you'd see in any "Haunted House" type attraction in any local amusement park - although admittedly Disney's sets are more well-done and beautiful.

The technology now exists for a dark ride to make you feel like you're truly a part of the action around you, not just a spectator traveling through. Historically Disney has made the most innovative dark rides - I'd like to see them create a new dark ride that blows everything else that's been done out of the water.

I was watching a show about the planning and construction of WDW last night. We always hate to see classic attractions go and we say, "What would Walt say!" Well... watching this show, seeing and hearing Walt, I think he would have said "The future is always changing" and he would wonder what took so long to change the attraction.

If the #1 emotion you get on a ride is "nostalgia" because you're ridden the ride hundreds of times since you were a kid, that's nice but that's not good enough. A ride should inspire, excite, inform, entertain and provide enjoyment beyond simple feelings of nostalgia.

This is the case with Snow White
and the Speedway for sure. Disney can do better than these attractions.

In your opinion. My opinion is that the emotion I feel from the current Snow White ride is NOT based on "nostalgia", but based on the actual story elements, music, and beautiful sets found on the ride itself, which still have the power to move me with goosebumps, especially the beautiful "Happily Ever After" scene.

Tigger1988

There's no excuse as to why it would take them 2 years longer when the projects were started around the same time. I don't buy the, "Oh the facade is mucher greater..." argument.

Maybe because it's "much greater" not "mucher greater"? Does that help?

Keep on trollin'

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh look someone repeating a pathetic attempt at sarcasm, AGAIN. So witty...

Like I said, facades shouldn't take two years to create. No excuse...
You don't want to listen to facts from people actually in the construction industry or that have intimate knowledge of the 2 projects and their differences so pathetic attempts at sarcasm is all that is left. Do something more than whine and complain at every opportunity and maybe, just maybe people will actually have a rational conversation with you.

David S.

Absolutely agreed. SWSA is such a painfully dated attraction, it now reminds me of something only slightly better than you'd see at a traveling carnival show. Truly. It's terrible. I also avoid the Speedway like the plague.

For the longest time I waxed nostalgic over Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, until it became such a burden I watched an old ride video of it on YouTube. Any pain I once felt at it's absence instantly vanished. If I want to ride through a bunch of cardboard cutouts, I can probably jimmy up a fairly decent recreation in my basement. That ride was decades past its prime.

Along the same lines, every time I ride through the prehistoric portion of Universe of Energy, I can't help but cringe. That sucker is dated beyond belief.

Ultimately my point is this - my fondness for WDW comes from two youthful sources:

(1) The memories of the excitement surrounding a big family trip and having everyone in one place experiencing it together.

(2) The fact that many of the attractions were truly cutting edge and things you simply couldn't see anywhere else. As a child, those are impressions that last a lifetime. Until you go back as a jaded adult and it literally hasn't changed an iota and it now totally sucks.

I'm sure David S and his Dumbo avatar will be around shortly to explain to me in excruciating detail how wrong I am and how everything is fairies and lollipops in his bizarro cartoon world.

No, I would never never say you are "wrong" for disliking the Snow White ride. I would, however, point out that the allegations that the ride is "outdated" or incapable of inspiring or touching the emotions of some of it's riders is not a fact, but an opinion. And my opinion is just as "valid" as your opinion, although you and some of the other fanboys who seem to value having the "latest and greatest" technology above all else when it comes to evaluating the attractions, certainly seem intolerant of my opinion.

And what's with the inflamatory, personal attacks? There is nothing "bizzaro" about being in touch with one's Inner Child and still finding the beauty and charm of so-called "outdated" things. I am truly glad I am not cynical and jaded like you!

(And I don't use the word "jaded" as an "attack" - you ADMITTED to being so yourself in the post I am quoting!)

Essentially, you seem to be critical of me, and making fun of me, because I am not "jaded" enough to find fault in so-called flawed things that still seem beautiful to me. I don't consider that 'bizzaro" or a weakness, to me its a strength that I aspire to hold on to!

MAF

Facades? Maybe not. The rides, attractions, restaurants, theming, etc? Yeah, it may take a little longer.

But when you're on a boycott, time flies by. No worries....

Where did I ever post that I was on a boycott? BTW I was referring to the TLM attraction not being ready, not the entire "New Fantasyland."

Anyways its quite apparent that they are hyping up something that doesn't even open until 2013 because they know they have nothing in store for guests throughout 2011 and 2012. No wonder Universal is capturing their market little by little.

Moving Forward

Lee,

Would this new mind blowing thing that might, just maybe, get announced tonight finally be the answer to Potter?

Lee,

Speaking of Potter I've read posts from "insiders" on various Disney boards that are hearing the phrase "Move over Mr. Potter" in regards to plans countering Universal. Have you heard that phrase from your sources?

Thanks

raven

Original Poster
LOL! He hasn't trolled this much since he was proven wrong about Tangled. But I actually agree. The timeline is a bit ridiculous.

DCA's version is a building on the boardwalk. The boardwalk is already open to guests. WDW's version will be in a whole new area and the entire front portion of the attraction is being covered with sod, rock formations, waterfalls and a castle. The area surrounding it has to be built and theamed as well with it's rivers, walkways and merchandise locations. The exit of WDW's version will also pop out into Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt which is a large maze/water play area that isn't included in the DCA version.

NYwdwfan

DCA's version is a building on the boardwalk. The boardwalk is already open to guests. WDW's version will be in a whole new area and the entire front portion of the attraction is being covered with sod, rock formations, waterfalls and a castle. The area surrounding it has to be built and theamed as well with it's rivers, walkways and merchandise locations. The exit of WDW's version will also pop out into Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt which is a large maze/water play area that isn't included in the DCA version.

Haven't seen this yet...sounds pretty cool!

JustInTime

*sigh*

You know I am just impatient.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Where did I ever post that I was on a boycott? BTW I was referring to the TLM attraction not being ready, not the entire "New Fantasyland."

Anyways its quite apparent that they are hyping up something that doesn't even open until 2013 because they know they have nothing in store for guests throughout 2011 and 2012. No wonder Universal is capturing their market little by little.

Oh, sorry. Wishful thinking, I suppose....

And you were told that LM would be open in 2012, a fact you decided to ignore. Along with the tidbit that DL's version had a 4-5 month jump start on construction as opposed to MK's, or the fact that there's just a few more things going on with the FLE.....

And yes, let's bring Universal into this discussion. :hammer:

MAF

LOL! He hasn't trolled this much since he was proven wrong about Tangled. But I actually agree. The timeline is a bit ridiculous.

Proven wrong about Tangled? :confused: BTW, sorry if stating that the movement of the opening from Fall 2012 to the end of 2013/early 2014 is absurd is classified as "trolling". Of course the fan "boiz" will label anything that questions Disney as trolling. So predicatable here at WDWmagic. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

raven

Original Poster

Um, Star Tours? New queue areas? Additional guest tour expeditions? A whole new resort? Hyperion Warf?

Did I miss anything? :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Proven wrong about Tangled? :confused: BTW, sorry if stating that the movement of the opening from Fall 2012 to the end of 2013/early 2014 is absurd is classified as "trolling". Of course the fan "boiz" will label anything that questions Disney as trolling. So predicatable here at WDWmagic. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank the Lord that the wonders of the Interwebs allow you to voice your opinions at so many other WDW forums. Since WDWMagic is far too predictable and mundane for you, of course.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom