Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Proven wrong about Tangled? :confused: BTW, sorry if stating that the movement of the opening from Fall 2012 to the end of 2013/early 2014 is absurd is classified as "trolling". Of course the fan "boiz" will label anything that questions Disney as trolling. So predicatable here at WDWmagic. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
So why do you still post here? I am sure there are other sites out there that meet with your high standards. If not start one of your own and let us pathetic WDWMagicers wallow in mediocrity.

MiklCraw4d

Now, I think, would be a good time to thank the people "in the know" that ferret out the facts and try to leak them to us in the least litigious way possible. We had the facts for this expansion dead-on months ago, and it's exciting to see it pan out. Thanks, guys.

Also, I think we once and for all can also see which posters here are fully, completely, and irrevocably full of pure, 100% horse plop.

So thanks again to those who DO know, and who DO share.

aladdin2007

Please remember that mermaid was originally intended to be unique to DCA at the beginning, and WDW's to come later. It was always planned that way for all the reasons already mentioned and TDO finally got their butts kicked by Glendale, (wish that would continue).

But I think our mermaid will look far superior asthetically compared to DCA plus all the little extras around it and the fact were getting a whole new land basically with it.
Please dont keep saying its a lame excuse for it to not be opening this year when you dont understand the facts as such, you should now tho since they have been stated by a couple others.

deWild

What I want to know is why Disney decided to keep the ToonTown Fair tents after all? What other purposes do the tents serve?

ChrisM

No, I would never never say you are "wrong" for disliking the Snow White ride. I would, however, point out that the allegations that the ride is "outdated" or incapable of inspiring or touching the emotions of some of it's riders is not a fact, but an opinion. And my opinion is just as "valid" as your opinion, although you and some of the other fanboys who seem to value having the "latest and greatest" technology above all else when it comes to evaluating the attractions, certainly seem intolerant of my opinion. And what's with the inflamatory, personal attacks? There is nothing "bizzaro" about being in touch with one's Inner Child and still finding the beauty and charm of so-called "outdated" things. I am truly glad I am not cynical and jaded like you!

(And I don't use the word "jaded" as an "attack" - you ADMITTED to being so yourself in the post I am quoting!)

Essentially, you seem to be critical of me, and making fun of me, because I am not "jaded" enough to find fault in so-called flawed things that still seem beautiful to me. I don't consider that 'bizzaro" or a weakness, to me its a strength that I aspire to hold on to!

Dave - relax, relax. That was largely intended to be some good natured ribbing, even though you do frighten me on multiple levels.

raven

Original Poster
What I want to know is why Disney decided to keep the ToonTown Fair tents after all? What other purposes do the tents serve?

Saving time and money by repurposing them. That money has now been spent on more detailing of the entire FLE.

deWild

Saving time and money by repurposing them. That money has now been spent on more detailing of the entire FLE.

I see, thank you. It's probably a good thing to simply reuse those tents, but does anyone think that Disney will overhaul them? They aren't in the best condition ever..

jakeman

Proven wrong about Tangled? :confused: BTW, sorry if stating that the movement of the opening from Fall 2012 to the end of 2013/early 2014 is absurd is classified as "trolling". Of course the fan "boiz" will label anything that questions Disney as trolling. So predicatable here at WDWmagic. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You could always venture elsewhere on the internet...

I know a few places. Then you can cleverly talk about this board using creative capitalization. I've heard it gets a good LAUGH out there! :eek: :rolleyes: :lookaroun

On topic, does anyone know if there any other WDW announcements slated for tonight?

NX2I85

The new artwork does look amazing! I have a MUCH better initial feeling about this than I did the Princess-Fairy version. Thanks to all who posted/linked it.

As for the timeline, I do wish TDO could speed things up a smidge... and don't we all? I usually do two trips to WDW for my family each year, but have decided to spend my 2011 Disney money in Anaheim. Hopefully I'll get to ride that version of the Mermaid ride this summer. In a strange way I am glad TDO is slowing things down because it confirms my decision.

The only problem is now 2012 looks boring as dirt (in terms of WDW). Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

fbp

Well, I'm more excited for this Fantasyland re-do concept than I was the original announcement. I can't wait to experience it.

I'm particularly intrigued by the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster ride. I wonder what the new ride system is like?

Between this, Hyperion Wharf and the new Star Tours concept I might have to have a discussion with my SO regarding the below posted WDW return date.

David S.

Princess Fairytale Hall
-Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet guests in their new home, an elegant royal court on the site where Snow White’s Scary Adventures stands today.

BOOOOOOOO!

CURSE YOU, TDO, CURSE YOU!

(My true reaction is unfit for publication on a family-friendly forum!)

:(:(:(:(:(

First Toontown, now this!

I know I'm in the minority, but I am always more interested in keeping the toys I already have bonded with, then getting new ones. On the other hand, if we could have gotten new stuff without losing any of my beloved favorites, I'd be over the moon with happiness.

I honestly would have been much happier about things if they would have been 'cheaper" and more conservative and ONLY added the Mermaid ride, if that would have meant keeping Toontown and Snow White and everything else "status quo"

:(:(:(:(:(

lazyboy97o

It was already stated that The Little Mermaid is still stated to open as originally planned. It is nobody's fault but your own if you want to make up things to be mad about.

MAF

It was already stated that The Little Mermaid is still stated to open as originally planned. It is nobody's fault but your own if you want to make up things to be mad about.

Thank you, I stand corrected although Lee said 2012 and Raven stands by late 2013.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom