Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

deeevo

Just curious if anyone would pay an extra $$$ a year to valet your car at MK? Say you dropped it at the MK bus depot and someone parked it for you in the TTC lot. And when you were done for the day they would pick it up for and deliver it back at the depot. How much would you be willing to pay for that service?

ElvisMickey

If I have a dining reservation, I fit into the requirements. It doesn't say "and then you have to pick up your car; you aren't allowed to walk to the park after!"

My family always makes a reservation at Contemporary during any of the hard ticket events at Disney and just pay the $10 no-show fee. It allows us to avoid all the congestion and traffic and simply walk to our car that is 10 minutes away from the park entrance.

Claiming that they would "tow your car" is only feasible if you are parked there and do not have a dining reservation. Most of the time they'll let you in without even proving you have one! They wouldn't let you in if they were that concerned.

Thank you! My point exactly lol! If you need to move it after a certain period of time they will let you know on your way in.

fillerup

The sign says it all. It didn't say hotel guests, those with dining reservations or park touring! It's pretty specific about who is allowed to park there, really not much of a need to make a list of who isn't allowed. That would be everybody else... long list. How would the notify anyone if they are deep in the park riding on Space Mountain? It has been done and will be again. If a car is parked there over a longer period of time it can and has disappeared in the past. What they are going to do on any given day is always worthy of concern. If you are wondering how they would know, it's just two words... Security Camera's. They are everywhere across the property.

I'm not going to get into the argument of whether it's appropriate to park at a hotel and go to a theme park or not, but for the sake of clarity......

If you're allowed into the lot, you are by definition parking there with the permission of the property owner and your car can't be towed.

Florida law requires that a property owner inform a driver that they may be towed either through a verbal warning or with very specific signage that you've entered a tow zone. That's not the case in any guest area at Disney.

As for Security Cams, yeah, there are lots of them. And the vast majority (like at your local 7-11) are simply recording footage that may be needed to be looked at after an incident occurs. They aren't being monitored in real time by human eyeballs, and they certainly aren't being monitored real time to catch some parking scofflaw.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If I have a dining reservation, I fit into the requirements. It doesn't say "and then you have to pick up your car; you aren't allowed to walk to the park after!"

My family always makes a reservation at Contemporary during any of the hard ticket events at Disney and just pay the $10 no-show fee. It allows us to avoid all the congestion and traffic and simply walk to our car that is 10 minutes away from the park entrance.

Claiming that they would "tow your car" is only feasible if you are parked there and do not have a dining reservation. Most of the time they'll let you in without even proving you have one! They wouldn't let you in if they were that concerned.

Thank you! My point exactly lol! If you need to move it after a certain period of time they will let you know on your way in.

It seems you are both gaming the system, no matter how you want to spin it and whether you want to admit to it or not. But...do what you want, that is between you and WDW security.

PhotoDave219

Did you see there's a contingent of lifestylers freaking out because this may take away from their coveted handicapped parking?

No, I rely on you and Scarlett to keep me in the loop on that.

Consider I abused parking from 2004-2007, I'm not going to complain. Eventually they had to catch on.

asianway

I'm not going to get into the argument of whether it's appropriate to park at a hotel and go to a theme park or not, but for the sake of clarity......

If you're allowed into the lot, you are by definition parking there with the permission of the property owner and your car can't be towed.

Florida law requires that a property owner inform a driver that they may be towed either through a verbal warning or with very specific signage that you've entered a tow zone. That's not the case in any guest area at Disney.

As for Security Cams, yeah, there are lots of them. And the vast majority (like at your local 7-11) are simply recording footage that may be needed to be looked at after an incident occurs. They aren't being monitored in real time by human eyeballs, and they certainly aren't being monitored real time to catch some parking scofflaw.
Ah my favorite topic. The mythical fleet of tow trucks roving the contemporary parking lot that have had less sightings than Bigfoot

jakeman

What does contingent of lifestylers mean?
A contingent of lifestylers is a group of people that @asianway follows from sun up to sun down (and probably after dark) and dutifully reports their movement back here. The irony that he treats lifestylers the same way lifestylers treat Disney is lost on him.

Specifically to a lifestyler: painting in broad strokes, it is a fan of Disney (WDW specifically) that had made a living or a very involved hobby in reporting the day to day happenings at WDW and it is theorized (and supported by an abundance of anecdotial evidence) in exchange for positive feedback they are granted near media access to events. A contingent of lifestylers would be, I assume, the equivalent of a bloat of hippos or gaze of raccoon.

asianway

A contingent of lifestylers is a group of people that @asianway follows from sun up to sun down (and probably after dark) and dutifully reports their movement back here. The irony that he treats lifestylers the same way lifestylers treat Disney is lost on him.

Specifically to a lifestyler: painting in broad strokes, it is a fan of Disney (WDW specifically) that had made a living or a very involved hobby in reporting the day to day happenings at WDW and it is theorized (and supported by an abundance of anecdotial evidence) in exchange for positive feedback they are granted near media access to events. A contingent of lifestylers would be, I assume, the equivalent of a bloat of hippos or gaze of raccoon.
I'd say shrewdness of gorillas actually

Goofyernmost

Sure... you continue to believe that's a logical adult way to look at the situation. It's like a kid saying... well, they didn't say no.. so the only other answer is yes. Carry on, in the land of denial. I'm just trying to tell you what could, and has happened, whether or not you care to believe it, is at your expense. It might happen, it might not... either way it's not my problem so have a magical day.

Goofyernmost

Are you sure that there are no signs anywhere, or have you just not seen them. Why would then have a guard there if it wasn't a controlled lot. Not the same thing and you know it.

wannabeBelle

I have always been told it was a maximum limit of three hours for a dining reservation if you were parking in a lot other than your own hotel. I do valet my car ( Thanks TiW) so I never have had to be concerned about that, but it was VERY clearly stated when I entered the resort at the guard booth. Marie

Goofyernmost

There have been guards there for years. They wouldn't need a gate guard for that. Very few rapist drive into the main entrance and show them a sign saying that they intend to rape someone. Nice try, but, that is one reason, not the reason. Look it makes no sense to argue with me because I am not the one that has that policy. Talk to Disney about it. I'm just telling you that this is what they expect and whether or not you or anyone else decides to do it differently, then I'm not trying to stop you. However, since there are pages of complaints about Disney and the Money grabbing system, would be OK with having a system that allows people to bypass paying for parking? Sadly, they don't enforce it most of the time.

I will again repeat, I don't personally care if you park on the roof of the building, I'm just telling you what the rules are, not whether or not they should or shouldn't enforce them. That's up to them, but, they can at anytime, so beware, there may come a time when taking that route isn't going to be laden with a wonderful end result. They just instituted a $15.00 extra charge for parking close to the parks... do you really believe that they are OK with letting people do the same thing for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom