Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

NearTheEars

Aladdin is an interesting choice. On one hand if you're down on the far end its a quick walk to TTC but if you get parked by the tram lane you might as well wait for the tram. Any way you cut it you're paying $15 more to walk further (vs from your car to tram). The only benefit is avoiding long tram lines at the end of the night.

It's also a huge lot which if they don't sell a lot of upgrades is a lot of wasted spots. Jafar is both smaller and closer from the far end to the TTC. But it all looks very temporary so they could easily change lots.

My thoughts exactly.

ElvisMickey

I agree with you. But, the reason they're saying that is to help out what they assume to be a guest with the best intentions that just happened to be eating at the Contemporary as their primary reason and then asked "oh, by the way, what's the best way to get to the Magic Kingdom." Instead, they're talking to someone intentionally gaming the system and parking at the Contemporary with the primary reason of being lazy and covering up their laziness by purchasing a muffin at The Wave.

I'll allow the thread to return to its regularly scheduled topic, though, as there is no convincing the entitled.

Dude, lazy has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm pretty fit and active and if you forgot, am choosing to walk to the Magic Kingdom. It's all about not wanting to go through the waste of time that is the tram/TTC/monorail or ferry.

Quite honestly, this isn't a huge deal and not something to get so jacked up about. You guys need to relax.

Timsierramist

Disney is continuing their transformation into a bottom feeder, run of the mill, average theme park.
So let me get this straight, what you're saying is that if I decide to go to the Contemporary for breakfast on a Saturday morning with free valet parking (because it IS included with my TIW membership...that I am paying for...with no explicit instructions that you MUST move your car as soon as your meal is over), when I'm done eating I should get my car out of valet, drive back to the main parking lot for the MK, get on the tram to the TTC, then hop the monorail or ferry over to the park? OK. Because I'm sure everyone else in the same situation would do that as well.

As an AP holder, I get free parking for the theme parks. I'm not sure what is so immoral or disgusting about giving Disney MORE of my money by choosing to eat at one of the resorts and dropping $10-20 each visit.

I didn't realize this would be such a hot topic. I think there are more concerning guest behaviors to be worried about. However I'll go back and forth with you guys as long as you like.

I'm with you on this one. If Disney is going to start playing these stupid bottom feeder, everyday average run of the mill theme park games, then they can expect savvy theme park goers to find the loopholes around the BS. Reminds me of the uber budget airlines like Frontier and Spirit that are charging you for every tiny extra, instead of the top of the line destination Disney is (was) supposed to be.

If you paid for it and the rules (or laws) don't explicitly state otherwise, fair game. :-|

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Actually, yes. You ARE abusing the privilege as stated in the terms and conditions of your Tables in Wonderland card, but I'm sure you don't really care.

Valet and Parking:
  • Resort valet services are complimentary to Tables in Wonderland members, for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Resort restaurants. This privilege will only be extended to one vehicle per membership card. Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Resort restaurant at the Valet Stand upon retrieving your vehicle. Complimentary Resort valet parking is not intended for length of stay at a Resort and may only be used if the vehicle is parked at a Resort for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Resort restaurants of that same resort. On Tables in Wonderland block-out dates, there will be a charge for parking and valet services.
  • Theme Park parking is complimentary to Tables in Wonderland members, for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Theme Park restaurants. Before 5:00pm, please pay for parking at the Auto Plaza. Visit Guest Relations on your way out of the Theme Park, and if it has been less than 3 hours, show your membership card, parking receipt, and dining receipt for parking reimbursement. After 5:00pm., members can show their membership card at the Auto Plaza to enter the parking lot. Theme Park admission is required for dining in all Theme Park restaurant locations. On Tables in Wonderland block-out dates, there will be a charge for parking and valet services.
Terms and Conditions received from: http://tablesinwonderland.com/

Yes. But do they have this posted at every single spot? If I find a spot without a sign, I can park there forever, right?

If you paid for it and the rules (or laws) don't explicitly state otherwise, fair game. :-|

As you'll see in @halltd's quoted post. The rules do state otherwise.

You want to game the system, game away, just don't pretend you aren't.

Dasnowz

Dude, lazy has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm pretty fit and active and if you forgot, am choosing to walk to the Magic Kingdom. It's all about not wanting to go through the waste of time that is the tram/TTC/monorail or ferry.

Quite honestly, this isn't a huge deal and not something to get so jacked up about. You guys need to relax.

This statement bothers me for many reasons....and it seems you are the one who needs to relax. the whole purpose of the monorail or ferry is so you leave your cares on the parking side and breath in the magic on the way across. you get a glimpse of the castle and get excited about where you are. Its not a waste a time its a time to allow the magic to settle in. The whole I want it now attitude of today's society bothers me. How do you wait in line for a ride? isnt that a waste of your time? Hoe do you wait in line for food? How do you even wait when coming in toll plaza ? isnt that a waste of your time?

ElvisMickey

This statement bothers me for many reasons....and it seems you are the one who needs to relax. the whole purpose of the monorail or ferry is so you leave your cares on the parking side and breath in the magic on the way across. you get a glimpse of the castle and get excited about where you are. Its not a waste a time its a time to allow the magic to settle in. The whole I want it now attitude of today's society bothers me. How do you wait in line for a ride? isnt that a waste of your time? Hoe do you wait in line for food? How do you even wait when coming in toll plaza ? isnt that a waste of your time?

No, I am not the one who needs to relax. I could care less how anyone else manages their time at WDW. Disney continues to raise prices on everything while giving us less and less for our money. If you want to find a loophole to better your stay, by all means, go for it. But for some reason, some of you guys on here have taken it upon yourselves to become the WDW morality police. When quite frankly, I've been doing this for years and never had a problem. I've even made friends with bartenders, waiters and waitresses who've come out and said that one of the nice perks about eating at the resort is easier access to the park. And like I said, this is far from a big deal. It's not like I'm sneaking onto hotel property and leaving my car there...or like some of the guests complaining about every little thing trying to get something free out of it. I make a dining reservation and spend decent money on breakfast, dinner or dessert. If Disney isn't going to enforce their "3 hour rule", why does that make me immoral for not moving my car after my meal is done? Especially if I choose to valet and there are tons and tons of empty valet spots. If Disney doesn't care, why should you? I'm sorry, I just don't see why everyone is getting their panties stuck up their ***. Now if on my way in, they told me that because it was a busier time of year and my car had to be moved after 3 hours, I would move it. But if they're not enforcing it, what exactly is the problem?

Have you ever seen the line for the monorail or ferry at the end of the night...backed up to the turnstiles? As a local who is at the parks at least once a week and has at the very least a 35 minute drive home from WDW, the last thing I want to do at the end of the night is wait in a line an hour long just to get on the monorail, then wait for the tram to get back to my car. I could be home in bed by that time. There's nothing magical about that.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No, I am not the one who needs to relax. I could care less how anyone else manages their time at WDW. Disney continues to raise prices on everything while giving us less and less for our money. If you want to find a loophole to better your stay, by all means, go for it. But for some reason, some of you guys on here have taken it upon yourselves to become the WDW morality police. When quite frankly, I've been doing this for years and never had a problem. I've even made friends with bartenders, waiters and waitresses who've come out and said that one of the nice perks about eating at the resort is easier access to the park. And like I said, this is far from a big deal. It's not like I'm sneaking onto hotel property and leaving my car there...or like some of the guests complaining about every little thing trying to get something free out of it. I make a dining reservation and spend decent money on breakfast, dinner or dessert. If Disney isn't going to enforce their "3 hour rule", why does that make me immoral for not moving my car after my meal is done? Especially if I choose to valet and there are tons and tons of empty valet spots. If Disney doesn't care, why should you? I'm sorry, I just don't see why everyone is getting their panties stuck up their ***. Now if on my way in, they told me that because it was a busier time of year and my car had to be moved after 3 hours, I would move it. But if they're not enforcing it, what exactly is the problem?

Have you ever seen the line for the monorail or ferry at the end of the night...backed up to the turnstiles? As a local who is at the parks at least once a week and has at the very least a 35 minute drive home from WDW, the last thing I want to do at the end of the night is wait in a line an hour long just to get on the monorail, then wait for the tram to get back to my car. I could be home in bed by that time. There's nothing magical about that.
People follow the rules differently. You decided you didn't want to follow this particular rule because Dis hasn't bothered enforcing it. I decided I didn't want to pay for my sweet Under Armour hoodie because Sports Authority didn't notify me when I walked in that I had to pay for any merchandise I took home. No one tried to stop me, so I took that to mean it was all good in the hood. I have been stealing things for years, you should see my new Tacoma, didn't pay a dime either. The car lot didn't have any signs telling me I couldn't take the car they stupidly left the keys in, so I took it. Boom. Loophole.

ElvisMickey

People follow the rules differently. You decided you didn't want to follow this particular rule because Dis hasn't bothered enforcing it. I decided I didn't want to pay for my sweet Under Armour hoodie because Sports Authority didn't notify me when I walked in that I had to pay for any merchandise I took home. No one tried to stop me, so I took that to mean it was all good in the hood. I have been stealing things for years, you should see my new Tacoma, didn't pay a dime either. The car lot didn't have any signs telling me I couldn't take the car they stupidly left the keys in, so I took it. Boom. Loophole.

Um, OK...two completely different things.

For the four or five of you giving me about this since yesterday, no one has still been able to say exactly what the problem is or who I am hurting by leaving my car there. I'm still waiting.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

For the four or five of you giving me sh*t about this since yesterday, no one has still been able to say exactly what the problem is or who I am hurting by leaving my car there. I'm still waiting.
I am on your side homie. Rules are for other people. People like us, we don't let rules bog us down bro.

Tony the Tigger

For the four or five of you giving me sh*t about this since yesterday, no one has still been able to say exactly what the problem is or who I am hurting by leaving my car there. I'm still waiting.

One obvious reason is, when it's busy, people who paid a whole lot more for their room in that resort than you did for your toast or whatever come back from the resort to find they don't have a parking space available to them for the room they paid hundreds of dollars for per night.

ElvisMickey

One obvious reason is, when it's busy, people who paid a whole lot more for their room in that resort than you did for your toast or whatever come back from the resort to find they don't have a parking space available to them for the room they paid hundreds of dollars for per night.

If it's that busy, then they will enforce the 3 hour rule which in that case, I would gladly move my car. My point is, when it's not...

The Mom

Premium Member
If it's that busy, then they will enforce the 3 hour rule which in that case, I would gladly move my car. My point is, when it's not...

It doesn't have to be that busy. I have checked in at The Contemporary, The Boardwalk, and The Polynesian when my children were young, and have had to drag our luggage from a distant parking space because none were available closer to the resort. I've then watched the closer spaces empty out at park closing. There were still spaces, just not as conveniently located for the hotel guests.

Or perhaps I should have paid even more for valet parking? Which I did start doing after this happened too many times.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It doesn't have to be that busy. I have checked in at both the Contemporary and The Polynesian when my children were young, and have had to drag our luggage from a distant parking space because none were available closer to the resort. I've then watched the closer spaces empty out at park closing. There were still spaces, just not as conveniently located for the hotel guests.
Yeah, but remember that they don't care about you. Only themselves.

ElvisMickey

It doesn't have to be that busy. I have checked in at The Contemporary, The Boardwalk, and The Polynesian when my children were young, and have had to drag our luggage from a distant parking space because none were available closer to the resort. I've then watched the closer spaces empty out at park closing. There were still spaces, just not as conveniently located for the hotel guests.

Or perhaps I should have paid even more for valet parking? Which I did start doing after this happened too many times.

More times than not, I use the valet parking, especially in the evenings, since it is free with TIW. In those cases, I'm not taking up any of the regular spots. However I will park in the regular spots if I have a 7:30AM reservation for breakfast, for example.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
More times than not, I use the valet parking, especially in the evenings, since it is free with TIW. In those cases, I'm not taking up any of the regular spots. However I will park in the regular spots if I have a 7:30AM reservation for breakfast, for example.

Damn right. I bet you leave your car in that spot all day too. pfft. 3 hours. That's more or less a suggestion by Disney. Doesn't apply to bad boys like us.

CDavid

If Disney isn't going to enforce their "3 hour rule", why does that make me immoral for not moving my car after my meal is done?

Some stores supposedly do not enforce (prosecute) shoplifting unless it is over a certain amount, so using the same logic it is perfectly OK just to walk out with an item under the limit, right? Stealing isn't immoral if they're not enforcing the law, I presume?

As a local who is at the parks at least once a week and has at the very least a 35 minute drive home from WDW, the last thing I want to do at the end of the night is wait in a line an hour long just to get on the monorail, then wait for the tram to get back to my car. I could be home in bed by that time. There's nothing magical about that.

If you don't have time to wait your turn in line like everybody else - and thus feel entitled to a shortcut - maybe you shouldn't be visiting the park when you are so rushed. Come back when you have time to enjoy the place.

some of you guys on here have taken it upon yourselves to become the WDW morality police

Morality shouldn't need to be policed. People should have learned the difference between right and wrong as a child.

no one has still been able to say exactly what the problem is or who I am hurting by leaving my car there. I'm still waiting.

You are hurting the legitimate hotel guests (and legitimate dining patrons) for whose use the parking lot exists. Further, you are hurting your fellow Walt Disney World visitors, both day guests and vacationers; Ever hear the expression that a few people who abuse a service or policy eventually ruin it for everyone else? Refillable mugs or a potential ban on food brought into the parks never should have even become an issue, but of course there were the few guests who took advantage by filling gallon jugs of Diet Coke and hauling entire coolers worth of food into the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom