Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

matt9112

I went to a mall in North Carolina the other day and they where charging for valet parking. I did not pay for it and park in another area. Did not effect my visit to the mall that day at all. do not see this as anything different then that.

I bet the money generated at the mall somehow finds its way back into something mall related. I have a feeling this money will further fuel the fire cooking the books.

ElvisMickey

Not guaranteeing this would happen to you, but TECHNICALLY there is a time limit for parking at the resorts if you're not staying there. You can easily use the Google to find plenty of threads where people's cars have been towed for exceeding said limit (I think it is 3 hours). I know countless people will say "you're fine, we do it all the time". But, just a fair warning that it's technically not permitted. If you do this during peak season, you're even more susceptible.

Honestly, I've been doing it for years...and I mean years... and have never been towed or even warned that I would be towed. Now that I live in the Orlando area, I do it at least a few times a month. Believe me, it's not a problem.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Honestly, I've been doing it for years...and I mean years... and have never been towed or even warned that I would be towed. Now that I live in the Orlando area, I do it at least a few times a month. Believe me, it's not a problem.
Until the day that too many other people do it also....Then you may be singing a different song.

ElvisMickey

Until the day that too many other people do it also....Then you may be singing a different song.

I'll worry about that if and when the time comes. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my desert at The Wave and my quick 10 minute walk back to my car at the end of the night.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It sure looks like the "yellow coned" area is Aladdin to me. *shrugs*

That same $15 bucks buys you valet parking up I-4 a ways, Well played Disney well played, If you want those "Wall St Dad's" well lets just say you had better come up with a valet parking system as good or better than that other place up I-4 Oh and there they have Valet and Premium Valet where the premium product gets you your car in 5 min or less.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'll worry about that if and when the time comes. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my desert at The Wave and my quick 10 minute walk back to my car at the end of the night.

This is so weird to me. So....you park at the CR. Go inside, take up a table, buy a desSert(double s in Dessert) eat it in the middle of the afternoon. Leave your $2 tip, and walk to the MK. Does this sound appealing to anyone else on earth?

The_Jobu

This is so weird to me. So....you park at the CR. Go inside, take up a table, buy a desSert(double s in Dessert) eat it in the middle of the afternoon. Leave your $2 tip, and walk to the MK. Does this sound appealing to anyone else on earth?

I don't know where you got middle of the afternoon from as the guy clearly said "at the end of the night", but yes, any time can be dessert time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't know where you got middle of the afternoon from as the guy clearly said "at the end of the night", but yes, any time can be dessert time.
WRONG

He walks to his car at the end of the night. He eats his single dessert when he gets to the hotel. Otherwise he is showing up for his reservation 8 hours early.

The_Jobu

Are you misinterpreting his "reservation for 1" as "reservation for 1pm"? Nowhere does he mention anything about the middle of the afternoon. He clearly says he goes for breakfast (the morning) or he goes for dessert (at the end of the night).

Anyway, I stand by my point that any time can be dessert time.

I'm an annual pass holder with free parking. Regardless of that fact, I sill don't use the parking lots except for AK. All of my trips to the MK start off with either a reservation for 1 at The Wave or Kona Cafe where I can easily walk to the MK or hop on the monorail. (snip) I'm getting an awesome breakfast or desert. $10 is more than worth it for me to not have to deal with the zillion people in line for the monorail or ferry at the end of the night.

Nice touch with the all caps, by the way.

ElvisMickey

First of all, I'm quite capable of spelling. Sometimes when you're typing this stuff on your iPhone (especially half asleep at 11:30 at night), it will suggest and insert a word without you realizing it. So I DO know how dessert is spelled, thanks. Second, I'm not looking for anyone's approval. I'm just throwing out there how I prefer to park when going to the Magic Kingdom. And yes, a dessert reservation and walking over to the park with an option of walking back to your car at the end of the night within 10 minutes is very appealing and well worth the $10 or whatever it is I'm spending. I'm going to be eating something anyway so why spend $10 on something in the park when I can spend the same on better quality food AND get a pretty sweet parking spot along with it. If you want to stand in the monorail line for an hour when it's backed up down the ramp to the park's turnstiles at the end of the night, be my guest. I'm not sure how THAT is appealing to anyone.

To answer the question on the timing, it really doesn't matter. If you have a reservation at any of the hotels, you can park there no matter what time you arrive or what time your reservation is. At least that's been my experience.

Goofyernmost

First of all, I'm quite capable of spelling. Sometimes when you're typing this stuff on your iPhone (especially half asleep at 11:30 at night), it will suggest and insert a word without you realizing it. So I DO know how dessert is spelled, thanks. Second, I'm not looking for anyone's approval. I'm just throwing out there how I prefer to park when going to the Magic Kingdom. And yes, a dessert reservation and walking over to the park with an option of walking back to your car at the end of the night within 10 minutes is very appealing and well worth the $10 or whatever it is I'm spending. I'm going to be eating something anyway so why spend $10 on something in the park when I can spend the same on better quality food AND get a pretty sweet parking spot along with it. If you want to stand in the monorail line for an hour when it's backed up down the ramp to the park's turnstiles at the end of the night, be my guest. I'm not sure how THAT is appealing to anyone.

To answer the question on the timing, it really doesn't matter. If you have a reservation at any of the hotels, you can park there no matter what time you arrive or what time your reservation is. At least that's been my experience.
First let me say that I am not part of the moral police force so, frankly, I could not possibly care less about where you park. Up on the roof if you can get it there, is fine with me. However, the fact remains that Disney does not fully condone all day parking if you are not staying at that particular resort.

Telling people how easy it is for you is fine, but, there is always the chance that the particular day that you park there might be a day when they feel obligated to enforce their rules. That short 10 minute walk from the park can become a few hour long nightmare while you determine where your car is and then go bail it out of the automobile detention center. They allow people from other resorts to park there to make it more convenient for your dining experience, not to fill a space that might be needed by an actual guest at that resort. That is likely to happen more during really heavy days, but, it could happen anytime. And for you, it's not even an additional charge you are trying to get out of. They didn't offer you free parking in the regular parking lot so you could take up space someplace else.

Anyway, the point is, making it sound like there is no risk at all, may ruin someone else's day because they are sure that nothing will happen other then to add a little to their convenience. The odds are, most times, that will be true, but, it is completely possible to have a much less happy ending.

Always remember that until people came on line and started telling everyone that FP was honored anytime of the day, only a few people knew that they had gone lax on their rules. However, when it got to be cluster, well, that little extra perk kind of magically went away (even before FP+).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If you want to stand in the monorail line for an hour when it's backed up down the ramp to the park's turnstiles at the end of the night, be my guest.

I don't do that. I take the bus. I am DVC, but don't ever drive or stay at the Poly or GF. So I don't do that. I also don't care how many spots you take up, like I said, I don't drive. I just find the effort you put into this, to be not worth it.

ElvisMickey

First let me say that I am not part of the moral police force so, frankly, I could not possibly care less about where you park. Up on the roof if you can get it there, is fine with me. However, the fact remains that Disney does not fully condone all day parking if you are not staying at that particular resort.

Telling people how easy it is for you is fine, but, there is always the chance that the particular day that you park there might be a day when they feel obligated to enforce their rules. That short 10 minute walk from the park can become a few hour long nightmare while you determine where your car is and then go bail it out of the automobile detention center. They allow people from other resorts to park there to make it more convenient for your dining experience, not to fill a space that might be needed by an actual guest at that resort. That is likely to happen more during really heavy days, but, it could happen anytime. And for you, it's not even an additional charge you are trying to get out of. They didn't offer you free parking in the regular parking lot so you could take up space someplace else.

Anyway, the point is, making it sound like there is no risk at all, may ruin someone else's day because they are sure that nothing will happen other then to add a little to their convenience. The odds are, most times, that will be true, but, it is completely possible to have a much less happy ending.

Always remember that until people came on line and started telling everyone that FP was honored anytime of the day, only a few people knew that they had gone lax on their rules. However, when it got to be cluster, well, that little extra perk kind of magically went away (even before FP+).

I'm not sure how often you go eat at the resorts, but there is no warning that they will tow your car if you don't move it by a particular time. There is a sign on the way in that says parking is reserved for hotel guests and those with reservations for dining. That's it...plain and simple. Do you honestly think Disney would tow your car without telling you ahead of time that it needs to be moved after a certain X number of hours? There is no verbal or written warning to speak of. Now during busy times, they MAY give you a little yellow piece of paper saying your parking is limited to 3 hours or something. But that rarely happens anymore. And if you get one of those, yeah...you might want to move it. With that being said, I also have a Tables In Wonderland card which gives you free valet parking at any hotel with a dining reservation. And guess what? You can leave it there all day if you want. Most of the time I just use self parking. So regardless of the fact that I get free parking at the TTC, I literally pay for the privilege to park at the resorts and am not cheating the system in any way.

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure how often you go eat at the resorts, but there is no warning that they will tow your car if you don't move it by a particular time. There is a sign on the way in that says parking is reserved for hotel guests and those with reservations for dining. That's it...plain and simple. Do you honestly think Disney would tow your car without telling you ahead of time that it needs to be moved after a certain X number of hours? There is no verbal or written warning to speak of. Now during busy times, they MAY give you a little yellow piece of paper saying your parking is limited to 3 hours or something. But that rarely happens anymore. And if you get one of those, yeah...you might want to move it. With that being said, I also have a Tables In Wonderland card which gives you free valet parking at any hotel with a dining reservation. And guess what? You can leave it there all day if you want. Most of the time I just use self parking. So regardless of the fact that I get free parking at the TTC, I literally pay for the privilege to park at the resorts and am not cheating the system in any way.
The sign says it all. It didn't say hotel guests, those with dining reservations or park touring! It's pretty specific about who is allowed to park there, really not much of a need to make a list of who isn't allowed. That would be everybody else... long list. How would the notify anyone if they are deep in the park riding on Space Mountain? It has been done and will be again. If a car is parked there over a longer period of time it can and has disappeared in the past. What they are going to do on any given day is always worthy of concern. If you are wondering how they would know, it's just two words... Security Camera's. They are everywhere across the property.

DTale

The sign says it all. It didn't say hotel guests, those with dining reservations or park touring! It's pretty specific about who is allowed to park there, really not much of a need to make a list of who isn't allowed. That would be everybody else... long list. How would the notify anyone if they are deep in the park riding on Space Mountain? It has been done and will be again. If a car is parked there over a longer period of time it can and has disappeared in the past. What they are going to do on any given day is always worthy of concern. If you are wondering how they would know, it's just two words... Security Camera's. They are everywhere across the property.

If I have a dining reservation, I fit into the requirements. It doesn't say "and then you have to pick up your car; you aren't allowed to walk to the park after!"

My family always makes a reservation at Contemporary during any of the hard ticket events at Disney and just pay the $10 no-show fee. It allows us to avoid all the congestion and traffic and simply walk to our car that is 10 minutes away from the park entrance.

Claiming that they would "tow your car" is only feasible if you are parked there and do not have a dining reservation. Most of the time they'll let you in without even proving you have one! They wouldn't let you in if they were that concerned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom