Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

The_Jobu

Kona Cafe is great for breakfast! Tonga Toast FTW, and they have awesome Kona coffee in a french press.

It really does look great. I didn't think you could get a sit down breakfast on-site for less than $25. $12-$15 is still steep, but it's manageable for a one day treat. Especially with the easy access to MK as a bonus.

DisneyChik17

Key difference between Iger and Eisner is Iger is investing in the Stock Price where Eisner invested in the Company and its products

Eisner presided over the largest percentage wise price increase in Disney park history. he then plowed that money into the parks building what Iger and Co is strip mining today

Under Eisner

DHS
AK
DCL
DVC
HKDL
DLP
ABC/Capital Cities
DCA v1.0

Under Iger

Stock Buybacks
DCA 2.0
Marvel
Lucasfilm
MM+
DCL Dream 2011
DCL Fantasy 2012
SWL*
SDL*

*Opening in the next 2-7 years

Yeah Iger's been a brilliant CEO leaving squat in the tank for the next management team

EDIT: - Some have pointed out that I forgot the black hole known as SDL so I've added it and 2 cruise ships (they say 4 but 2 are press releases only)

For me, the huge difference between the two men has always been that Eisner started on the front-lines of Disney (I believe in merchandise.) and therefore had and understanding of what different areas of the company felt like. Iger doesn't have that. And you cannot replicate that. It explains the focus of each CEO and their priorities over all. I don't begrudge Disney making money, at all, but Eisner didn't want to compromise the magic. Iger doesn't really care about it, as long as he can still "sell" magic. I am glad the frontlines care though. I love seeing the effort put forth every time I am in the parks.

Clamman73

Yep. $35 to park in Aladdin section. And there were already suckers parked there! LOL I think I saw three cars at the time that pic was taken.
Supposedly it's Jafar. I was going to be quite mad about this if it was Aladdin since I get the spot right up front in the first row when I go early to MK.

lazyboy97o

For me, the huge difference between the two men has always been that Eisner started on the front-lines of Disney (I believe in merchandise.) and therefore had and understanding of what different areas of the company felt like. Iger doesn't have that. And you cannot replicate that. It explains the focus of each CEO and their priorities over all. I don't begrudge Disney making money, at all, but Eisner didn't want to compromise the magic. Iger doesn't really care about it, as long as he can still "sell" magic. I am glad the frontlines care though. I love seeing the effort put forth every time I am in the parks.
Eisner was the head of Paramount, brought in from the outside.

DisneyChik17

Eisner was the head of Paramount, brought in from the outside.

And had previously worked for Disney. He talked about it in the Traditions video. He prided himself on that. Just because you don't work your way up inside the company, doesn't mean you didn't work your way up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And had previously worked for Disney. He talked about it in the Traditions video. He prided himself on that. Just because you don't work your way up inside the company, doesn't mean you didn't work your way up.
That's odd. He came from Paramount, and before that ABC, NBC and CBS. He had nothing (official) to do with TWDC before 1984. Through and through a network tv person. Just not a weatherman.

lazyboy97o

No, he did not. He grew up in New York and graduated from college in 1964. He would have been all over having worked at Disneyland.

JoeCamel

It sure looks like the "yellow coned" area is Aladdin to me. *shrugs*

Maybe they could have "surge" parking. Closer to the beam is more, if you are out at the employee lot and have to hike it could be less. Either way they should be running a special tram for this if it is all the same price.

halltd

This is a great idea. I just looked up the breakfast prices at Kona and they're not that bad (for Disney). Thanks!
Not guaranteeing this would happen to you, but TECHNICALLY there is a time limit for parking at the resorts if you're not staying there. You can easily use the Google to find plenty of threads where people's cars have been towed for exceeding said limit (I think it is 3 hours). I know countless people will say "you're fine, we do it all the time". But, just a fair warning that it's technically not permitted. If you do this during peak season, you're even more susceptible.

The_Jobu

Not guaranteeing this would happen to you, but TECHNICALLY there is a time limit for parking at the resorts if you're not staying there. You can easily use the Google to find plenty of threads where people's cars have been towed for exceeding said limit (I think it is 3 hours). I know countless people will say "you're fine, we do it all the time". But, just a fair warning that it's technically not permitted. If you do this during peak season, you're even more susceptible.

Luckily not an issue. My father is coming and he's not one for the parks. This way we can park at the hotel, have breakfast together, and he can get back in the car and enjoy his day while we hop the monorail to the park. Perhaps pick us up there as well at night.

matt9112

How would this work? If you come late in the day at many of the parks they'll park you right up front--is that going to go away? My goodness, the chiseling Disney is resorting to now. I know Universal already does this, but then, so does Six Flags. Trying to get more money from guests this way is a Six Flags move. Maybe they can offer a premium parking experience where one of the booths is manned by Elsa, then you are pointed into your SpeedparkingTM space by Olaf, and when you return at the end of the day a churro is waiting for you on the hood.

I would do it for the churro

matt9112

Seriously? My 'home' park is King's island and they have had preferred parking for years. It is definitely a locals park. As a passholder, we did it a few times after they got rid of the Gold Pass lot. They would only charge the difference from regular parking and the preferred. I do not have a problem with this at all.

Current King's island Policy - Parking is $15 per vehicle for regular parking and $22 for preferred. A limited number of handicap parking spaces are available near the Front Gate on a first-come, first-served basis.

The move as a singular policy is not awful most places do it.....buuut when you know it's one of SEVERAL money grabs to pay for shanghai that's upsetting. It's like saying sorry after somebody asks you too it doesn't matter. They could have done this five years ago and I wouldn't care but because I know it's tied to a raft there inflating for the books because shanghai landed in the ocean I'm upset.

matt9112

it's not this one thing that is increasing their revenues that I think has us all up in arms......it's the EVERYTHING they are doing.
yes, many places offer VIP parking, charge a resort fee, etc, but they don't usually implement them all at the same time.

it's like Disney decided they may go bankrupt tomorrow: find every way any human being can come up with to increase revenues. anything, everything, quick this is an emergency.

they have increased the price of EVERYTHING they offer, decreased the quality (entertainment, hours, attractions) and added untold upcharge events. the old joke on this board about charging for restrooms may not be too far in the offing!!!

Funny thing is....nobody's talking about why....except a few good guys here

matt9112

Capitalism, Shareholder Value and Sr. Management bonuses. That's why everything has to be a profit center. Very simple.
Except Disney world is a cash cow....and is making money hand over fist....WE HAVE TO PAY for business screw ups in other places.

Disney world revenue wise is the citadel of parks and resorts I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom