Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

Captain Chaos

The dam has been removed, final paint touch ups on the wall were wrapping up today, electrical is going in, and concrete is being poured for the walkways around the waterfront. As long as everything continues as planned expect this to be open by Friday. Also remember several theming elements will not be in upon opening and will be added at a later date. This is being opened up strictly for traffic flow for the guests.
So the lion heads won't be added to the front of the facade just yet? How about the themed lamp posts on top of the waterfront wall? Later date as well?

cheezbat

From my understanding yes, and also expect the Simpsons games to be open for HHN as well.

I noticed walls up and tarps covering up where the games are being installed. This was a really good idea. The games seemed so out of place where they have been placed since they closed Amity.

HenryMystic

I noticed walls up and tarps covering up where the games are being installed. This was a really good idea. The games seemed so out of place where they have been placed since they closed Amity.
To be honest, they were pretty awful in Amity as well. They fit much better in Krustyland. London will be so much nicer.

maxairmike

They had about half of the games at Simpsons in almost running condition it appeared last night during the TM "advanced screaming" for HHN. They weren't open, but signs were up, the games were mostly in place, and it looked really good. Minor work was still ongoing in the Gringotts area all night, and they're moving along on the backstage utility work for Hogwarts Express (the Walking Dead line extended very far behind Disaster when I was in it).

LVgoN2WDW

Sure Harry potter looks cool I went there last summer and the rides were fun but the place just isn't as nice as WDW. Suessland in particular was faded from the sun and it wasn't enjoyable. In addition, all the attractions seem a bit outdated- the Jurassic park movies came out about 10 yrs ago, I've never heard of the last continent and finally HP will be the same within a matter of years. I just wish they had started the project a little sooner then we could relate to HP for a greater number of years.

JustInTime

Sure Harry potter looks cool I went there last summer and the rides were fun but the place just isn't as nice as WDW. Suessland in particular was faded from the sun and it wasn't enjoyable. In addition, all the attractions seem a bit outdated- the Jurassic park movies came out about 10 yrs ago, I've never heard of the last continent and finally HP will be the same within a matter of years. I just wish they had started the project a little sooner then we could relate to HP for a greater number of years.

I love the park, but I tend to agree. I posted this and people flipped out. Harry Potter doesn't match the rest of the park. It's almost too nice.

JT3000

Sure Harry potter looks cool I went there last summer and the rides were fun but the place just isn't as nice as WDW. Suessland in particular was faded from the sun and it wasn't enjoyable.

WDW has numerous upkeep issues of its own.

In addition, all the attractions seem a bit outdated- the Jurassic park movies came out about 10 yrs ago

When did The Little Mermaid come out?

I've never heard of the last continent

The Lost Continent is an original creation based on well known mythology.

and finally HP will be the same within a matter of years. I just wish they had started the project a little sooner then we could relate to HP for a greater number of years.

HP will be the same what? I'm not a HP fan, so I never related to it to begin with, but the franchise doesn't seem to be losing any steam if attendance numbers are any indication.

cheezbat

I love the park, but I tend to agree. I posted this and people flipped out. Harry Potter doesn't match the rest of the park. It's almost too nice.

I saw pictures somebody posted regarding the faded paint on their visit...and I went to see for myself and I have to say that it was quite obvious Unuversal has recently touched up paint in Seuss Kanding. The hat went from almost pink back to red, I noticed the track for the Train ride shining in the sun, and the entry way pillars were also bright agsin. Uni does the maintenance. I think they repaint every year.

HTF

If you think Harry Potter will be relevant as Jurassic Park or even the Lost Continent within a few years, what's your feelings about Carsland, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, and Beauty and the Beast and how they relate to present day guests? Are you saying that all these attractions will be null and void with the world within a few years?

Anyways, as for the condition of Suess it's improved drastically this year. Yeah its condition isn't perfect and it still needs work here and there, but their are other parks in need of work all around as well. All I have to do is walk around Epcot my favorite Disney park with a pen and paper to note issues needing attention. My hand will be cramping before we leave Future World I assure you. This outdated comment also applies to Epcot, future world anyone?

Before the Disney boys come in and rip me apart let me just remind you all, I love Disney and always have. I'm just upset about the condition of the WDW resort and how numerous people are quick to trash Uni for some paint fade but will let Disney slide just because it's Disney. They will say the most successful theme park expansion in history will be irrelevant in a few years as the franchise will never last but it's ok to build a 450 million dollar expansion based on film properties from the early 90's or older. Heck 75% of Snow Whites original target audience is dead. These Disney stories are timeless and so are the stories of Greek mythology, dinosaurs, Dr Suess, and the boy wizard.

Now I'm gonna go hide in a hole for awhile, while i get destroyed for speaking the ugly truth on a disney forum. Did I mention I love Disney?

lazyboy97o

Does it matter? To the majority, a great ride is worth more than a recognisable theme. Which FJ is.

Splash mountain anyone?
That post read more like somebody who briefly looked at a map and the few negative reviews of Islands of Adventure without much other thought.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
That post read more like somebody who briefly looked at a map and the few negative reviews of Islands of Adventure without much other thought.
Indeed. The entire comment was incoherent and illogical as well. Jurassic Park is apparently old news but no mention of Toon Lagoon or the fact that many of the rides in Magic Kingdom are based on properties that are approaching 50 years old or more? It has never and will never matter how old a property is. In the case of rides like Splash Mountain it never mattered what the property was in the first place and the ride itself became iconic. Also, why was this posted in a thread dedicated to construction updates?

NutsForFlorida

I just have to say that before I went on FJ, I've never seen 1 minute of any of the Potter movies or read any of the books. I used to call him Harry P**Per. Then I went on the ride and it was awesome. After I got back home, I watched all the movies, conquered both HP Lego games on PS3, My wife thinks I'm nuts and my daughter is a Harry Potter freak & she's only 3. All because of this one ride. I wouldn't say it was life changing, but this ride and area at Universal really piqued my interest in Harry Potter. I can't wait for the new area to open up.

HTF

I just have to say that before I went on FJ, I've never seen 1 minute of any of the Potter movies or read any of the books. I used to call him Harry P**Per. Then I went on the ride and it was awesome. After I got back home, I watched all the movies, conquered both HP Lego games on PS3, My wife thinks I'm nuts and my daughter is a Harry Potter freak & she's only 3. All because of this one ride. I wouldn't say it was life changing, but this ride and area at Universal really piqued my interest in Harry Potter. I can't wait for the new area to open up.

I was the same until word came down, were doing Potterland!

LVgoN2WDW

I wasn't aware of the Suess land update and I am happy to here it is better. On my situation about HP being outdated within a number of years,Disney movies like the Lion King, Little Mermaid and even Snow white and Cinderella are timeless and are enjoyed by adults,children and grandchildren everywhere. My point was that in a few years HP will not appeal to as many viewers as all the Disney movies listed above have, therefor not attracting as many tourists as the Disney movies everyone knows and loves have.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I wasn't aware of the Suess land update and I am happy to here it is better. On my situation about HP being outdated within a number of years,Disney movies like the Lion King, Little Mermaid and even Snow white and Cinderella are timeless and are enjoyed by adults,children and grandchildren everywhere. My point was that in a few years HP will not appeal to as many viewers as all the Disney movies listed above have, therefor not attracting as many tourists as the Disney movies everyone knows and loves have.
Wait...what? Are you saying that Harry Potter is soon to be outdated? :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom