Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

Turtle

As quoted from Lightbulb when I spoke to him

"Hogwarts Express will be the real deal! The train stations include highly detailed scenery and effects. The trains themselves will be very realistic including steam wafting from each car, scenic treatment and sounds. Each interior cabin includes period props and treatments. The window in each cabin will utlize an advanced optics display making it appear as though you are looking outside a window. As the train travels to the station riders will be treated to different storylines depending on which station they are going to. The cabins are also equipped with a full effects package including heat blast, leg ticklers, lighting etc. One storyline includes a dementors attack where it will get dark, the air will go cold and lights will flicker among other things.

Make no mistake the connector train ride is a full E-ticket! The R&D for the display system alone is staggering. Nothing like this has been done before on this scale and it will be spectacular. Avatar looks to be a joke compared to just this attraction. I haven't even mentioned the major new ride for Potter 2.0 yet.

That brings me to Gringott's. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey's queue. Let's put it this way...the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You'll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you'll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That's just in the queue. Maybe I'll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date."

JustInTime

So how many new attractions will be with this new addition? Just Gringotts and the Train? Also, will they be removing the Hogwarts Express at the front of the park once this opens?

My only problem here is that Voldemort is not going to be mentioned anywhere in the parks. I wish they would have included him in Forbidden Journey.

JustInTime

I believe there will also be a walk-through attraction but yes, two "sit down" rides

Should have quoted me. I almost didn't catch this. I am pretty interested about this walk through but I can't imagine what it would be. Do you have any more info? The only thing I could think of might be Knockturn Alley. And I am assuming Leaky Cauldron will be another quick service?

novawildcat18

Should have quoted me. I almost didn't catch this. I am pretty interested about this walk through but I can't imagine what it would be. Do you have any more info? The only thing I could think of might be Knockturn Alley. And I am assuming Leaky Cauldron will be another quick service?
I remember somewhere saying that the Weasley's store would be a walk-through attraction.

disney fan 13

Should have quoted me. I almost didn't catch this. I am pretty interested about this walk through but I can't imagine what it would be. Do you have any more info? The only thing I could think of might be Knockturn Alley. And I am assuming Leaky
There are 2 different walk-thru rumors. Weezley Wizard Wheezes or Borgin and Burkes. Don't have a clue whether we will see either.

^This

Turtle

So how many new attractions will be with this new addition? Just Gringotts and the Train? Also, will they be removing the Hogwarts Express at the front of the park once this opens?

My only problem here is that Voldemort is not going to be mentioned anywhere in the parks. I wish they would have included him in Forbidden Journey.
I heard he might be in Gringotts

GLaDOS

If Muggles see Voldemort in the Wizarding World, that's the last thing they would see. I don't want to be Avada Kedavra'd while I'm on vacation.

Agreed. Unless you're an exceptionally powerful witch or wizard, or on his side, Voldemort = death.

It makes sense you don't see him.

JustInTime

If Muggles see Voldemort in the Wizarding World, that's the last thing they would see. I don't want to be Avada Kedavra'd while I'm on vacation.

Agreed. Unless you're an exceptionally powerful witch or wizard, or on his side, Voldemort = death.

It makes sense you don't see him.
But you get your soul sucked by a dememtor, burnt by a dragon, whomped by a willow and attacked by a giant spider? Yeah, this argument makes total sense. LOL

GLaDOS

But you get your soul sucked by a dememtor, burnt by a dragon, whomped by a willow and attacked by a giant spider? Yeah, this argument makes total sense. LOL

All of which pale in comparison to Voldemort. Wizards and witches have survived all of them. NO ONE survives Voldemort when he decides he wants you dead, besides Harry. That's a BIG DEAL in the Potter universe.

JustInTime

All of which pale in comparison to Voldemort.

Dementors though? Nobody ever survived the kiss...they are walking death. If you can have those, you can have Voldemort. He should have been in the ride and we as riders should have helped defeat him at the end.

Also, the Great Hall should have been part of the queue.

GLaDOS

Dementors though? Nobody ever survived the kiss...they are walking death. If you can have those, you can have Voldemort. He should have been in the ride and we as riders should have helped defeat him at the end.

Harry saves you before the kiss is completed.

And riders helping to defeat Voldemort? Yea, great way to belittle one of the greatest villains of all time by having a bunch of muggle rubes defeat him.

Sorry, but that would have been terrible.

JustInTime

Harry saves you before the kiss is completed.

And riders helping to defeat Voldemort? Yea, great way to belittle one of the greatest villains of all time by having a bunch of muggles defeat him.

Sorry, but that would have been terrible.

So instead we are in a flying box around some of the greatest scenes in the literary and cinematic world? Right. Voldemort should have been included. It also makes no sense why the dark mark is in the ride, yet nobody has been killed and Voldemort isn't mentioned. The 7 Harry Potter books and 8 films all center around Voldemort. It's anti-climatic that he isn't included in anyway.

And I have read several of your posts in the past. When talking about Uni you can't spot a single flaw. Ever. You are as bad as a pixie dust addict. Take off the rose-colored glasses before replaying next time. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom