Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

cheezbat

The Forbidden Journey's show building?
You know that's what they're talking about. Everybody complains about that thing. It is too bad they didn't hide the building with mountainous rockwork. That would work for both Jurassic Park and the Wizarding World.

BryceM

You know that's what they're talking about. Everybody complains about that thing. It is too bad they didn't hide the building with mountainous rockwork. That would work for both Jurassic Park and the Wizarding World.
I also believe that it is the single biggest flaw in all of Islands of Adventure. It is so noticeable, especially when you're walking from Jurassic Park to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

TalkingHead

Fast tracked to give IOA a new non Potter addition for families before 2015. It's all about giving guests reasons to stay their for multiple days.

Is it really fast tracked when EVERYTHING at Universal is getting built super fast? Fast tracked for Disney is construction that takes less than two years... Fast track is becoming the norm for Universal. So impressive.

Jakester

If they decide to do the mt crumpit, please put it behind the 1 fish 2 fish, it would make the perfect weenie and help hide hard rock which is an eyesore

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Does anyone one know if you will have a different ride show depending on which way you take the train? Going to Hogwarts vs going back to London?

AswaySuller

And freakin' awesome Camp Jurassic. Seriously, that place is so much fun.

And the "Youcantrideadon Flyers". Hmmph.

Ha ha you see to be ale to ride on them.... I rode on them a few years ago.... I don't understand why they stopped people being able to.

cheezbat

Ha ha you see to be ale to ride on them.... I rode on them a few years ago.... I don't understand why they stopped people being able to.
Because its a high demand low capacity attraction that was intended to be a family/kid ride.

I've ridden it a few times and while its short, it sure is a lot of fun!

BryceM

Because its a high demand low capacity attraction that was intended to be a family/kid ride.

I've ridden it a few times and while its short, it sure is a lot of fun!
My last visit to Islands of Adventure was with my dad and he hadn't been before (he's been to Universal Studios) and he said that the flyers look like "a ton of fun!". Then I said we couldn't ride, which was disappointing. Oh well. I wouldn't wait that long for them anyways.

HTF

Part of my update from today,

IMG_8988-1.jpg

IMG_8961-1.jpg

IMG_8962-1.jpg

IMG_8959-1.jpg

HTF

Been about a month since last update! Anything new?

I just posted one at OU, but steel has been erected for building 65 or Ollivanders for those not paying attention lol. The North station work has progressed to the second floor, the south station is WAY behind schedule and is preparing to go to a round the clock construction schedule very soon. The first six support columns for the Hogwarts Express went vertical yesterday behind the Mummy and this area is actually the transfer track area as well. Numerous other buildings within Diagon are getting foundation work, the foundation of the Gringotts facade is being prepped as it will jet out of the building towards 65 greatly. That's all I can think of at the moment for Potter, more soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom