Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

BigThunderMatt

And of course all pics that were on the net are now gone.

Uni doesn't want the cat out of the bag even though all the fans know already!

It's not the fans they're concerned about. It's the general public who doesn't follow these kinds of developments and instead just flock to what's "NEW" when it opens.

articos

Rightfully so, those got someone in trouble. I have nothing against posting pics that stretch the rules but is it worth your job?
Nassal has been building sets for Universal and Disney and film and television productions for years. They're very good, along with a few other scenic companies in Orlando and Southern California. They're also under a strict NDA so it is their responsibility to keep any work or work in progress confidential. They risk hundreds of thousands of dollars in future work otherwise.

neoshinok

I'm sure I've missed this in the thread, but is there any estimation when this will be announced? Six months ahead? A year ahead? The day after D23?

djlaosc

I'm sure I've missed this in the thread, but is there any estimation when this will be announced? Six months ahead? A year ahead? The day after D23?

It is likely that it will not be announced until after Transformers has opened (rumoured May 2013).
They will probably want to keep it unannounced for as long as possible - so I would imagine that they will want to keep it until after the summer rush, potentially after Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year.

I gues that it would depend on when it is going to open - 2014 or 2015...

Disneyhead'71

Transformers opens Summer 2013 (most likely June). Potter won't open any earlier than Dec. 2014. But most likely June 2015. I am putting my money on after Summer 2014 for an announcement.

HenryMystic

Transformers opens Summer 2013 (most likely June). Potter won't open any earlier than Dec. 2014. But most likely June 2015. I am putting my money on after Summer 2014 for an announcement.
I think facade work will eventually force their hand. Once news crews can get shots of Gringotts and Kings Cross, all bets are off. I'm not sure they can make it to Summer 2014.

BigThunderMatt

I think facade work will eventually force their hand. Once news crews can get shots of Gringotts and Kings Cross, all bets are off. I'm not sure they can make it to Summer 2014.

I don't think they'll wait as long as facade work to go up. Once Transformers opens you've got a year and a half left to go. Who knows, they might even pick up the pace once Transformers is open. My bet is that once they have all the summer visitors tied up for Transformers they'll be able to say "Now here's why you should come back next year!"

HenryMystic

I don't think they'll wait as long as facade work to go up. Once Transformers opens you've got a year and a half left to go. Who knows, they might even pick up the pace once Transformers is open. My bet is that once they have all the summer visitors tied up for Transformers they'll be able to say "Now here's why you should come back next year!"
Which was my point. They can only delay this for so long before it becomes obvious to everyone what it is (even though its already pretty obvious.)

djlaosc

That would depend on Harry Potter opening Summer 2014, not Christmas 2014 or Summer 2015, because otherwise they would want you to come back next year (2014) and not delay that trip till the following year (2015)

BigThunderMatt

That would depend on Harry Potter opening Summer 2014, not Christmas 2014 or Summer 2015, because otherwise they would want you to come back next year (2014) and not delay that trip till the following year (2015)

I'd like to hope that considering the breakneck pace of construction on Transformers that once it is up and running they will start building Potter with similar speed...or maybe I just want to tell myself that because I don't want to have to face the reality that we could be looking at it being 2.5 years away still :(

TalkingHead

I agree except it's already clear that this is construction for the Potter expansion, yet when the Sentinel reporter (Dwayne something-or-other) refers to the construction he either acts like we don't know what the construction is for or he says it's rumored to be for Potter.

In other words, it doesn't look like the media is going to force Universal's hand, because the media apparently doesn't find it worth reporting until the big "coming soon" announcement is made (whenever that may be).

I am curious about when facade work will begin. Does anyone remember how many months before opening the Hogwarts facade work became visible?

Jakester

My bet is that the buildings along the lagoon (London-esque facades) will go up before any recognizable facade work will happen in Diagon Alley.

Then it will be "...to da' choppa" for interesting pics.
Thats actually pretty clever, For secerative construction, and for great in-park teasing

cheezbat

Don't forget they already have the Jurassic Park ride planned for 2014...so I would expect that to be the big draw for that year, and save Potter 2.0 for 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom