Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

HTF

My bet is that the buildings along the lagoon (London-esque facades) will go up before any recognizable facade work will happen in Diagon Alley.

Then it will be "...to da' choppa" for interesting pics.

Gotta get to the correct Choppa company lol

HTF

And for those who might be curious why JP was chosen over Suess for the expansion. It was to maximize on Food, Beverage, and Merchandise opportunities. The options are already quite strong in Suess when compared to JP for said categories. Potter has brought that new themed "land" philosophy to encourage increased guest spending and while the options for expansion were going to be family oriented regardless of location. The real reasoning is and always will be the bottom line. Oh and for those who didn't see it today, JP4 is officially scheduled for release Summer 2014. More of a bonus for this expansion btw.

WED99

And for those who might be curious why JP was chosen over Suess for the expansion. It was to maximize on Food, Beverage, and Merchandise opportunities. The options are already quite strong in Suess when compared to JP for said categories. Potter has brought that new themed "land" philosophy to encourage increased guest spending and while the options for expansion were going to be family oriented regardless of location. The real reasoning is and always will be the bottom line. Oh and for those who didn't see it today, JP4 is officially scheduled for release Summer 2014. More of a bonus for this expansion btw.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY PRECIOUS SEUSS LANDING!

But I guess there right, Seuss Landing has everything you need and a little bit more while JP has a dated discovery centre, a kids area, a water ride and trees.

Disneyhead'71

Gotta love synergy.

BryceM

But I guess there right, Seuss Landing has everything you need and a little bit more while JP has a dated discovery centre, a kids area, a water ride and trees.
And freakin' awesome Camp Jurassic. Seriously, that place is so much fun.

And the "Youcantrideadon Flyers". Hmmph.

Turtle

am i the only person who think that seuss landing is incomplete? i feel like it needs one more family ride (not just 2 year olds) by the end of the decade *cough cough Grinch or Lorax cough cough*

JT3000

am i the only person who think that seuss landing is incomplete? i feel like it needs one more family ride (not just 2 year olds) by the end of the decade *cough cough Grinch or Lorax cough cough*

It does need another dark ride, and there's space for one. I don't mind seeing JP get some love though. It's always lacked attractions for such a large part of the park.

Now, while they're busy expanding things, perhaps they could still find the time to hide the giant show building that ruins the island's theming. You know, if it's not too much trouble.

cheezbat

Personally, I hope to eventually see both a Lorax dark ride AND a Grinch coaster. Then I'd think SL would be complete!

JP needs the boost. I love the Discovery Center and the ride...and Gosh yes Camp Jurassic is the best play area...but it needs more. At least two more rides.

WED99

I would like to see a more thrilling ride there, but I still feel like even without it the land is better facilitated than anywhere else in the park.

djlaosc

Don't forget they already have the Jurassic Park ride planned for 2014...so I would expect that to be the big draw for that year, and save Potter 2.0 for 2015.

I'm sure there was talk on here at some point that it it had changed and it would be HP2.0 in 2014 and JP for 2015, but that may have changed again.

BryceM

It does need another dark ride, and there's space for one. I don't mind seeing JP get some love though. It's always lacked attractions for such a large part of the park.

Now, while they're busy expanding things, perhaps they could still find the time to hide the giant show building that ruins the island's theming. You know, if it's not too much trouble.
The Forbidden Journey's show building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom