Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

GLaDOS

Don't you know people are going to complain loudly about this....I just paid $ XXX.xx to get into this park and now you want to charge me again just to see the rest of Harry Potterland!

This will be a PR nightmare.

They know what they're doing. I think you need to take a deep breath and wait until we have all the variables before calling anything a nightmare.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
I got the the chance to see a piece of Gringott's coaster track up close.... WOW, the size of track is unreal. Was not able to take photos, but just wanted to say it's an enormous piece of steel and it makes the 7DMT track look like a child's train set.

The ride vehicles on Gringotts are rumored to essentially be EMVs with coaster wheels so I'd imagine the track has to be massive to support the weight.

HTF

Most of the track is a dual spine set. This is a very similar style track to what's on Intimidator 305 which supports the loads of a multi ton train exuding untold tons of force as it hits speeds approaching 100MPH. Gringotts requires the dual spine simply due too the weight of its tandem trains. From on board computers to hydraulics to interactive elements these trains are loaded.The collaboration from multiple vendors on Gringotts alone is unlike anything done before. Different companies are supplying so many different aspects of the ride and for the first time that I know of competitors had to visit each others facilities to invent, install, and trouble shoot different aspects of the attraction.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the ride system for Gringotts technologically speaking makes the FJ look as complicated as a Omnimover.

HTF

I got the the chance to see a piece of Gringott's coaster track up close.... WOW, the size of track is unreal. Was not able to take photos, but just wanted to say it's an enormous piece of steel and it makes the 7DMT track look like a child's train set.

Gringotts staging area or staging field next to Royal Pacific? If its the Gringotts staging area did you notice any "alien" vehicles?

flynnibus

Premium Member

yeah.. apples and oranges. Gringotts is supposed to be a large ride vehicle

flynnibus

Premium Member
=The collaboration from multiple vendors on Gringotts alone is unlike anything done before. Different companies are supplying so many different aspects of the ride and for the first time that I know of competitors had to visit each others facilities to invent, install, and trouble shoot different aspects of the attraction.

Unfortunately tho that is often a recipe for difficulty and problems tho.. especially in this industry.

JustInTime

Any word on whats replacing olivanders at IOA once its opened at Diagon Alley?
Actually, to my shock, there is a wand shop located in Hogesmead in the books. I discovered this when I re-read the books last year. I always just assumed that the wand shop was just stuck there for experience purposes but it is actually true to the book. Furthermore, Harry Potter wiki claims that the shop is indeed a Olivander's branch as well! My mind was blown. Either way, they need to location because the current one is a capacity nightmare.

HTF

IMG_1136.jpg

Hockeyman

Most of the track is a dual spine set. This is a very similar style track to what's on Intimidator 305 which supports the loads of a multi ton train exuding untold tons of force as it hits speeds approaching 100MPH. Gringotts requires the dual spine simply due too the weight of its tandem trains. From on board computers to hydraulics to interactive elements these trains are loaded.The collaboration from multiple vendors on Gringotts alone is unlike anything done before. Different companies are supplying so many different aspects of the ride and for the first time that I know of competitors had to visit each others facilities to invent, install, and trouble shoot different aspects of the attraction.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the ride system for Gringotts technologically speaking makes the FJ look as complicated as a Omnimover.

Sound like it is going to be on helluva ride! Thanks for all the info HTF!

bassman02

So is this new ride system a completely new, never-before-seen system designed specifically for gringotts or is it a new system thats been developed and universal is the 1st to use sort of thing.

In simpler terms
the robo coaster for forbidden journey was a design that was made and universal used.
Or has universal designed and patented this ride system?

Eitherway it sounds immense and I cant wait to experience it.:)

71jason

Any word on whats replacing olivanders at IOA once its opened at Diagon Alley?

Rumor from probably year ago--I forget the source, but someone on OU with a bit of a track record if I recall correctly--had it being transformed into the tea shop from book/movie 5. The one with hearts, cupids, etc. I assumed counter-service, like Gastons turned out to be, but I never saw anything confirmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom