Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

Disneyhead'71

Does anyone have any leaked concept art (apart from that Gringotts Bank vehicle)?

I'm slowly dying inside waiting for this! How many more months?
Yes, there is concept art locked in a vault somewhere in the bowels of UniCreative.

We will just have to wait for the "Press Event".

SirLink

Forget waiting, who wants to help me break in? I need someone who has clocked hundreds of hours playing Assassins Creed!

If we are talking theme park wars, strictly speaking Uni Creative are the Assassins Order - WDI being the Templar's.

articos

Universal should be doing everything it can to downplay HP 2.0. They definitely want to avoid making a big deal out of it at this point.

Getting people excited about HP 2.0 in 2013 means more will delay their next Universal vacation until 2014. Undoubtedly, Universal is desperate to not have HP 2.0 adversely impact attendance in the period before HP 2.0 opens.
And that's why you haven't heard anything of note. The rollout is meticulously planned.

djlaosc

No word on repainting the tracks.

I am fine with them not doing it right away (use the money for repainting on all of the projects that they are currently doing), but eventually, I would imagine that they will have to repaint the tracks (in a similar way to the way they did Hulk last year, I think, I can't remember the last time they did Dragon Challenge) at some point - when they do, I hope that they paint them the correct colours (black [Hungarian Horntail] and scarlet [Chinese Fireball]).

Does anyone know which dragon is which? (Blue = Ice = ???, Red = Fire = ???)

articos

I am fine with them not doing it right away (use the money for repainting on all of the projects that they are currently doing), but eventually, I would imagine that they will have to repaint the tracks (in a similar way to the way they did Hulk last year, I think, I can't remember the last time they did Dragon Challenge) at some point - when they do, I hope that they paint them the correct colours (black [Hungarian Horntail] and scarlet [Chinese Fireball]).

Does anyone know which dragon is which? (Blue = Ice = ???, Red = Fire = ???)
Fireball is Fire/Red, Horntail is Ice/Blue. Repainting will likely take place when it's normally scheduled for a paint as part of normal maintenance.

HTF

The train will have a high capacity

2 Trains on the tracks with a bypass behind RoTM

Each Train has 3 cars

Each car has 7 cabins with two rows facing each other. This creates 14 rows for those keeping track. Also this is not including ADA access rows at the front and back of each car.

Each row has 4 seats.

So in the end 7 cabins holding 8 people equals 56 per car with 3 cars per train equaling 168 per train total.

I think I said that right lol

disney fan 13

To add on, I believe the rumored run time is three minutes, add three minutes to load/unload and we are at 6 minutes a cycle, if there are ten cycles in an hour with 192 per cycle then there would be around 2,000 an hour capacity.

WED99

Will that be enough? I mean for a theme park attraction maybe, but this is going to be shared between two parks! So that means 1,000 and hour per park.

articos

Will that be enough? I mean for a theme park attraction maybe, but this is going to be shared between two parks! So that means 1,000 and hour per park.
For the first year, nothing that could be built cost-effectively would be enough for this attraction which is actually a transportation system masked as an attraction. Expect lines.

And there is no way they're going to cycle on 3 min loads. It's always planned and never actually happens in practice.

HTF

To add on, I believe the rumored run time is three minutes, add three minutes to load/unload and we are at 6 minutes a cycle, if there are ten cycles in an hour with 192 per cycle then there would be around 2,000 an hour capacity.

I've heard 4 mins from start to stop with both Etickets in the 2k+ per hour range. Gringotts with 24 per vehicle and a dual loading platform should spit out a decent capacity as well. The shops are also being done in ways to increase capacity with better flow structure and larger capacities. They will be larger but not appear larger, ie Ollivanders 2.0

djlaosc

Is the plan on what to do with Olivanders known yet between the parks? If they build the expanded theatres in the new park area.. what happens to the old, etc?

Hopefully it will get turned into a new shop (clothing, stationery and a tea shop are the ones they haven't built yet)

HTF

Is the plan on what to do with Olivanders known yet between the parks? If they build the expanded theatres in the new park area.. what happens to the old, etc?

Waiting to confirm the outcome of the Hogsmeade location, which is probably staying as is to support the new overall experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom