Possible Frontierland expansion

MattFrees71

I think it would be awesome if they built a second track for thunder mountain that was more intense. Kind of like green and orange for Mission Space. 1 for an increased capacity, and 2 to cater to more of the thrill seekers.

jt04

I think it would be awesome if they built a second track for thunder mountain that was more intense. Kind of like green and orange for Mission Space. 1 for an increased capacity, and 2 to cater to more of the thrill seekers.

Good idea but wrong park I would guess. An intense Indy coaster could get through.

MattFrees71

Good idea but wrong park I would guess. An intense Indy coaster could get through.
Because... you want your ribs to be more bruised?

Doesn't have to be super intense- just something a little more- at least as intense as Space Mountain. Maybe one real good drop (like Everest's: the ones on the current ride are all very short or partial because the back of the train is still going up the chain).

I don't find the current one to be that rough, and if that really was a concern, they have the capability to make it more smooth/less rough than the current one. Everest is a good example. What I do find rough is Space Mountain- even as a healthy 25 year old I get kind of sore after it.

I also feel they could incorporate some new effects/scenarios building upon the whole western/mine/runaway train theme.

ppete1975

Doesn't have to be super intense- just something a little more- at least as intense as Space Mountain. Maybe one real good drop (like Everest's: the ones on the current ride are all very short or partial because the back of the train is still going up the chain).

I don't find the current one to be that rough, and if that really was a concern, they have the capability to make it more smooth/less rough than the current one. Everest is a good example. What I do find rough is Space Mountain- even as a healthy 25 year old I get kind of sore after it.

I also feel they could incorporate some new effects/scenarios building upon the whole western/mine/runaway train theme.
Space mountain isnt that intense, its just being in the dark increases your endorphins.

MattFrees71

Space mountain isnt that intense, its just being in the dark increases your endorphins.
Yeah, I've heard it goes no faster than something like 20mph. But still, it would be that "perceived" level of intensity at Space Mountain for what I had in mind for a 2nd BTMR track. Also an intensity similar to Everest would be good. Again, not too intense for many kids, but something that would be a little more fun for those who like more thrill.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I was thinking about this the other day. So glad someone bumped it!
Shame there's no new info though. Pacific Northwest would have been a great aesthetic for a themed mini-land. 🌲

Last edited:

jt04

There is so much potential to expand the BTMRR theme behind the attraction and reimagine the current Frontierland areas including Splash, TSI and the train station area. So simple and thematically cohesive potentially. It just resonates with traditional Disney creativity that someone must have already designed it.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There is so much potential to expand the BTMRR theme behind the attraction and reimagine the current Frontierland areas including Splash, TSI and the train station area. So simple and thematically cohesive potentially. It just resonates with traditional Disney creativity that someone must have already designed it.
It also feels like a natural theme for a Mandalorian-style campy Western on Disney+.

We've seen lots of studio content showing up in the parks, I'd love to see more parks content showing up in the studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom