Possible Frontierland expansion

jt04

It also feels like a natural theme for a Mandalorian-style campy Western on Disney+.

We've seen lots of studio content showing up in the parks, I'd love to see more parks content showing up in the studios.

There has been no shortage of great concepts from WRE on. I'm partial to a 'New Orleans Square' and 'Critter Country' being a part of the makeover*.

PS- *And relocating the parade route to make it possible.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Possibly relating to the topic at hand: Wasn't there some talks a while back regarding a drop or freefall attraction in this area? With a story based around black gold and a cantankerous oil baron? Did I imagine this?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

MadTeacup

There has been no shortage of great concepts from WRE on. I'm partial to a 'New Orleans Square' and 'Critter Country' being a part of the makeover*.

PS- *And relocating the parade route to make it possible.
Out of genuine curiosity, how exactly do you propose they relocate the parade route? I honestly can't see a possible way to move it without large-scale demolition of some kind of treasured attraction and the property surrounding it... unless you mean the backstage route.

Club Cooloholic

They could dust off those plans. I wouldn't mind! lol
Last month I was at a really cool little amusement park in Colorado, called Glenwood Caverns. You take a gondola up a mountain to get to the park, and they have some cool looking rides(most were closed due to winter), as well as laser tag, 3D movies and cave tours. But, they had one dark drop ride...and man was it a doozy! Nothing complex but pretty cool.
Anyway nice park to check out, great people working there too.

jt04

Out of genuine curiosity, how exactly do you propose they relocate the parade route? I honestly can't see a possible way to move it without large-scale demolition of some kind of treasured attraction and the property surrounding it... unless you mean the backstage route.

I've thought for a long time that any parade would be a better fit in Fantasyland. So one place to build a maintenance/storage facility is behind the tents near the Fantasyland railroad station. The parade would then travel through Fantasyland, around the hub and down msusa. There are many other benefits to such a change.

MadTeacup

I've thought for a long time that any parade would be a better fit in Fantasyland. So one place to build a maintenance/storage facility is behind the tents near the Fantasyland railroad station. The parade would then travel through Fantasyland, around the hub and down msusa. There are many other benefits to such a change.
While I do enjoy the idea of the parade traveling through Fantasyland, it would almost surely necessitate the removal of the Mad Tea Party. I cannot see that decision being made without it being relocated and I can't envision a space to move it to unless they finally admit that Storybook Circus is a bust. Similarly, the space behind the gate would require significant reconfiguration as there is not nearly enough space for parade staging. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I believe it is 99.9% unlikely. Sorry to be a party pooper. :(

The best part about the threads here is they show just how long a rumor has been around...

Still waiting for this 2015 gem to be “green lit”
I'm not. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the project that resulted in the loss of TSI, infill of much of the river, and the permanent docking of the Liberty Belle. I also believe this had something to do with the Lone Ranger movie that failed spectacularly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the project that resulted in the loss of TSI, infill of much of the river, and the permanent docking of the Liberty Belle. I also believe this had something to do with the Lone Ranger movie that failed spectacularly.

I was joking...

This was crap then and is still crap now. Doesn’t pass the common sense test.

I would love for them to build me new stuff In every corner of long paid off parks for my whims...but they have no reason to do it’s. Doesn’t pass the smell test.

MadTeacup

I was joking...

This was crap then and is still crap now. Doesn’t pass the common sense test.

I would love for them to build me new stuff In every corner of long paid off parks for my whims...but they have no reason to do it’s. Doesn’t pass the smell test.
🤣 I figured. I just like to remember that sometimes what we could have had is not worth the cost of what we already have. For me personally, Frontierland is one of my favorite overall areas in the Magic Kingdom. I would hate to lose the river and the island, even if it is only a matter of time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
🤣 I figured. I just like to remember that sometimes what we could have had is not worth the cost of what we already have. For me personally, Frontierland is one of my favorite overall areas in the Magic Kingdom. I would hate to lose the river and the island, even if it is only a matter of time.
Tom Sawyer island would go at some point - you would think...

But when you can increase prices AND attendance over time...what’s the incentive?

dennis-in-ct

Tom Sawyer island would go at some point - you would think...

But when you can increase prices AND attendance over time...what’s the incentive?

The incentive is capacity. The MK needs more rides to absorb the crowds.
Fun fact-ish - the two California parks have two-ish, three-ish less rides than all four Florida parks.

The magic bands were partially meant to better manage the crowds in Florida so Disney did not have to open new rides.

the MK could use all that land on the backside of Rivers and have a much needed park expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom