Possible Frontierland expansion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good point... even Disneyland, with its limited space, will have that back-of-park route available... kind of crazy that the MK still has that Frontierland dead-end. Unless you board the train, I guess...
It’s not really a dead end. Just an extended path to Splash / Thunder / TSI.

It would be a dead end if you wanted to get to Fantasyland by walking clockwise around the river.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s not really a dead end. Just an extended path to Splash / Thunder / TSI.

It would be a dead end if you wanted to get to Fantasyland by walking clockwise around the river.

Indeed, it's a path to 3 attractions, one of which gets you out of the 'dead end'. MK has a very well developed system of loops. The worst part, from a crowd flow point of view is the Main Street choke point which forces the whole park through one path. Although, experts know about the Emporium 'short cut' and they have parallel crowd-overflow routes to Main Street that they can employ at will.

upload_2017-12-13_0-5-38.png

Last edited:

Robbiem

I can see the north side of rivers of America being used for an expansion with a new land similar to how Star Wars will be at Disneyland. I think they considered cars land for Tokyo in this area so that could be a possibility. Personally I'd love to see a discovery bay type area but I can't see this realistically happening in today's climate

prberk

Guest flow is certainly being looked at. CBJ could also be singing new songs.
With this alteration to CBJ, would the show be shortened? Because it's my favorite attraction property wide and i'd hate for it to have its show length cut down AGAIN

I wouldn't mind the update, but ONLY as long as they involved a producer who understands country music history as much as the original writers did. The songs they chose were not only tongue-in-cheek appropriate for a bear attraction (especially "Old Slough-Foot," a.k.a. "Bear Tracks," and the Davy Crocket song), but they were also classics that can stand on their own.

They should not try to be trendy.

This CAN be done, by the way. They should hire whoever put together the "O Mickey Where Art Thou" album for Disney in the early 2000s. That album featured the best Nashville had to offer, not only in the headliners but in the studio musicians and backup singers. Charlie Louvin would not be well known today, but was an architect of country music and his voice fit perfectly in that project for the song he was chosen to sing: "I Will Go Sailing No More," from Toy Story, for which his voice as an elderly man at that time in his life gave that song an amazing poignancy. Other songs were done amazingly well, including Collin Raye and the Jordanaires giving "Circle of Life" a touch of the country anthem "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" in the instrumentation, which melded the current with the past... perfectly representing the "Circle" of life.

My point is that if they update the show, it can be done well as long as they include some folks who love the genre and have depth within it, as they did with that album (which could easily have been done with less care, but I am glad it was done with care). But if they don't want to go that effort, then leave it alone.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

I wouldn't mind the update, but ONLY as long as they involved a producer who understands country music history as much as the original writers did. The songs they chose were not only tongue-in-cheek appropriate for a bear attraction (especially "Old Slough-Foot," a.k.a. "Bear Tracks," and the Davy Crocket song), but they were also classics that can stand on their own.

They should not try to be trendy.

This CAN be done, by the way. They should hire whoever put together the "O Mickey Where Art Thou" album for Disney in the early 2000s. That album featured the best Nashville had to offer, not only in the headliners but in the studio musicians and backup singers. Charlie Louvin would not be well known today, but was an architect of country music and his voice fit perfectly in that project for the song he was chosen to sing: "I Will Go Sailing No More," from Dumbo, for which his voice as an elderly man at that time in his life gave that song an amazing poignancy. Other songs were done amazingly well, including Collin Raye and the Jordanaires giving "Circle of Life" a touch of the country anthem "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" in the instrumentation, which melded the current with the past... perfectly representing the "Circle" it represented.

My point is that if they update the show, it can be done well as long as they include some folks who love the genre and have depth within it, as they did with that album (which could easily have been done with less care, but I am glad it was done with care). But if they don't want to go that effort, then leave it alone.
Toy Story, not Dumbo :)

smile

i remember, back in the day, at no matter what show i was at (and there were many) - regardless of the band (or even genre) playing, someone would invariably shout 'Freebird!' during a pause between songs...
most of the time jokingly, of course, but not always - so rampant, in fact, that my friends and i actually had a small list of the shows we didn't hear it at haha

totally brought me back when you said that
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom