Possible Frontierland expansion

doctornick

Original Poster
I'd like to think that if Frontierland was getting a proper theater building, that it would be a new build; I don't really think there's space to re-purpose anything for one unless they closed multiple things.

I'm also reminded that Splash is being closed down because they are doing some work "in the adjacent backstage area" or something like that. I'm guessing the stage is going on the other side of the RR station near Splash.

brb1006

I'd like to think that if Frontierland was getting a proper theater building, that it would be a new build; I don't really think there's space to re-purpose anything for one unless they closed multiple things.

I'm also reminded that Splash is being closed down because they are doing some work "in the adjacent backstage area" or something like that. I'm guessing the stage is going on the other side of the RR station near Splash.
It's still having trouble picturing where the theater will be located.

troy.

Several Possibilities...
theater.png

doctornick

Original Poster
So, the theater is not going into Frontierland.... is something else possibly in the works there for the 50th? Would really be nice if they expanded guest areas to north of BTMRR.

I know it's an impossible dream, but they really should throw all the fanboys a bone and build WRE for the 50th. They'd get such a massive positive buzz in the fan community.

Last edited:

britain

Fascinating, since this is exactly what happened in 1971 when they chose to invest into Space Mountain instead of the Western River Expedition...

And that's what happens when you say, "Eh, forests don't show age as much as concrete spires do." So you can keep on ignoring Frontierland until one day, management says "We're tired of paying for square footage around the river that makes no money back to us. Isn't there any project worth making it shorter?"

DL finally got theirs, and I wager it will be worth it. In 10-20 years, will WDW get a river shortening project as grand as Star Wars Land?

TROR

All I want is a new Frontierland attraction, is that too much to ask? There have been so many wonderful concepts that have never been built, such as Western River Expedition or Geyser Mountain, and even odd ones like a horse chase simulator. I know the western isn't a hot genre nowadays, but it still offers plenty of adventure and excitement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom