• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Possible Frontierland expansion

michmousefan

I do hope that whenever attention is turned to WDW's Frontierland, that the powers that be think big and plan for the future and will actually design things in order to use the land around the northern side of the RoA. I'm really afraid they'll box themselves in and prevent future access to that land (or at least may it far too cost prohibitive to consider). With DL going that direction, it would be a shame if MK doesn't have the same option in the future -- and it's a ton of land and space that could be used for a lot of new and different things.

Plus, of course, just help with the guest flow in the park by connecting Liberty Sq/Fantasyland to Frontierland by the other side of the RoA. Would be great during parades.
Good point... even Disneyland, with its limited space, will have that back-of-park route available... kind of crazy that the MK still has that Frontierland dead-end. Unless you board the train, I guess...

Ismael Flores

I do hope that whenever attention is turned to WDW's Frontierland, that the powers that be think big and plan for the future and will actually design things in order to use the land around the northern side of the RoA. I'm really afraid they'll box themselves in and prevent future access to that land (or at least may it far too cost prohibitive to consider). With DL going that direction, it would be a shame if MK doesn't have the same option in the future -- and it's a ton of land and space that could be used for a lot of new and different things.

Plus, of course, just help with the guest flow in the park by connecting Liberty Sq/Fantasyland to Frontierland by the other side of the RoA. Would be great during parades.
I never understood why they locked themselves in with the new Fantasyland expansion. Seems like they could have built the Beauty and the beast section as well as the Mermaid ride closer to the train tracks and expanded both of those two properties more with a bigger Belle village or had more room to add a few more ride time to the Dwarf coaster. It would also left room for future expansions of fantasyland behind the IASW building with future properties adding capacity to a park that needs it.
If they were not so cheap they could have easily built a big wherehouse behind IASW and relocate that attraction opening up the walkways.

I guess at this point if they want to add another IP based area they could use that forested area behind Fantasyland to add a zootopia section. Maybe they can connected via the circus area. At least zootopia could be a lush green environment that would eventually connect that back of the park to Frontierland in that northern section of the park allowing for better park flow

Last edited:

doctornick

Original Poster
I never understood why they locked themselves in with the new Fantasyland expansion. Seemed to my like they could have built the Beauty and the beast section as well as the Mermaid ride closer to the train tracks and expanded both of those two properties more with a bigger Belle village or had more room to add a few more ride time to the Dwarf coaster. It would also left room for future expansions of fantasyland behind the IASW building with future properties adding capacity to a park that needs it.
If they were not so cheap they could have easily built a big wherehouse behind IASW and relocate that attraction opening up the walkways and
The biggest issue is that would have required going over a very large and heavily used access road. So, they'd either have had to redirect that road significantly or provided guest pathways with high enough clearances to go allow for the needed transport to past underneath on the existing road.

I agree, though, that it was shortsighted the way they enclosed stuff in.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Good point... even Disneyland, with its limited space, will have that back-of-park route available... kind of crazy that the MK still has that Frontierland dead-end. Unless you board the train, I guess...
It’s not really a dead end. Just an extended path to Splash / Thunder / TSI.

It would be a dead end if you wanted to get to Fantasyland by walking clockwise around the river.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s not really a dead end. Just an extended path to Splash / Thunder / TSI.

It would be a dead end if you wanted to get to Fantasyland by walking clockwise around the river.
Indeed, it's a path to 3 attractions, one of which gets you out of the 'dead end'. MK has a very well developed system of loops. The worst part, from a crowd flow point of view is the Main Street choke point which forces the whole park through one path. Although, experts know about the Emporium 'short cut' and they have parallel crowd-overflow routes to Main Street that they can employ at will.

upload_2017-12-13_0-5-38.png

Last edited:

Robbiem

I can see the north side of rivers of America being used for an expansion with a new land similar to how Star Wars will be at Disneyland. I think they considered cars land for Tokyo in this area so that could be a possibility. Personally I'd love to see a discovery bay type area but I can't see this realistically happening in today's climate

Top Bottom