Possible Frontierland expansion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry to circle back to this but do we have capacity estimates for the new attractions at DHS and AK? You flag the Falcon ride as a potential issue, so I'm wondering if you have ball park numbers.
I have them somewhere. Where, I'm not sure at the mo.

The falcon ride was flagged by those working on it. IIRC that and the battle ride are respectable, but not the people eaters they need to be.

RSoxNo1

Magic Kingdom needs far more than Mermaid, Mine Train and Dueling Dumbos. Unfortunately they've wasted so much time that they're always going to be behind. And so are the other parks. And their lack of rushing things leaves us still years out for many things.
What's interesting is that Disney is using IP based attractions to help boost attendance in the other 3 parks. I wonder if this could potentially mean non-IP based capacity increasing additions to the Magic Kingdom. Perhaps Mystic Manor in Adventureland?

DinoInstitute

What's interesting is that Disney is using IP based attractions to help boost attendance in the other 3 parks. I wonder if this could potentially mean non-IP based capacity increasing additions to the Magic Kingdom. Perhaps Mystic Manor in Adventureland?
Though I feel like MM would be just as big of a draw as any other attraction and wouldn't solve that problem. That said I still hope we get MM in some way soon down the road; ironically that's one of the few non-IP attractions I could see fitting fine in every park in one form or another :p

Kman101

It would also work perfectly in DAK...maybe replacing Chester and Hester...Replace the temporary looking section of the park and add another much needed E-ticket ride

Oh it absolutely would. That would have been my first choice, but at this point I'd like Adventureland to finally get an expansion. I'd prefer Indy or Fire Mountain but those seem like pipe dreams. MM probably is too though ...

jt04

Oh it absolutely would. That would have been my first choice, but at this point I'd like Adventureland to finally get an expansion. I'd prefer Indy or Fire Mountain but those seem like pipe dreams. MM probably is too though ...

Since MK already has the HM it seems to me MM would be a much better fit for DAK. And the expansion pad in AL should be reserved for something that better fits the theming of the park such as PH. IMO.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
JT do not even try to make that point as wait times are a measure of success. Kong is in a park that normally has low wait times and gets about half the number of visitors in a year. So not same

Kong que is extremely well done and as good as dwarf. Would you not take 3-4 new rides like that in Hollywood studios or even one at MK.

Then you are just plain crazy.

Both queues are wonderful, it's what comes afterwards that makes my wife and I disappointed in Uni. Screen screen monkey head halitosis.

habuma

Since MK already has the HM it seems to me MM would be a much better fit for DAK. And the expansion pad in AL should be reserved for something that better fits the theming of the park such as PH. IMO.

I've thought the same thing before. I've thought why bring Mystic Manor to the MK when there's already a corresponding attraction over in Liberty Square (Haunted Mansion).

Then I think that the attractions are different enough, both in terms of theme and ride mechanism, that it wouldn't hurt anything to have Mystic Manor over in Adventureland while still having Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Except for the fact that both supposedly take place in a house, they're very different attractions.

It's not like they'd be putting two animatronic musical shows essentially next door to each other (see Enchanted Tiki Room and Country Bear Jamboree).

P_Radden

It would be nice if they made a new attraction (not a replacements of something existing) with the tech from MM and tied it to a different IP. The possibilities are endless, and an attraction like this could easily fit in any of the 4 parks depending on IP.

jt04

It would be nice if they made a new attraction (not a replacements of something existing) with the tech from MM and tied it to a different IP. The possibilities are endless, and an attraction like this could easily fit in any of the 4 parks depending on IP.

Yes. If not DAK then WS has many possibilities.

DinoInstitute

It would also work perfectly in DAK...maybe replacing Chester and Hester...Replace the temporary looking section of the park and add another much needed E-ticket ride
Or as some sort of old Hollywood rich house in Echo Lake/Sunset that's rethemed to be a collection of movie memoribelia/his Hollywood collections, something like that. Or in Epcot either rethemed to match one of the countries culturally or in Imagination with the monkey being Figment and the man being Dreamfinder.

DDLand

That was my first thought when Chapek mentioned more SEA at the parks and even said as much. It would easily fall right in right next the existing offerings as a classic. It fits perfectly in theme, and would make an excellent addition to add variety of ride systems and tone.

My only hesitation would be:
MK already has the HM

That thought had crossed my mind. Still the two have very different tones, and with a different ride system, Mystic Manor would probably work well. Though I could see some hesitation.

You have two choices for an attraction set in the early 20th century that does not primarily deal with increasing love of nature, respect of nature, or presenting solutions on how to live in a greater degree of coexistence with nature. You can choose one of two parks:
1) A park that does deal with increasing love of nature, respect of nature, and presenting solutions on how to live in a greater degree of coexistence with nature. Accomplishing this mission while set entirely in the modern world (except for Pathetic Pandora).
2) Or a fantasy park that already has an area that is specifically themed to the early 20th Century, and which already pokes fun at the profiteering of colonial explorers in Jungle Cruise.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is the one park in the entire chain that simply must have purpose built attractions.

I haven't been on Mystic Manor (I will next month) and haven't seen any spoilers (the self restraint). My understanding of the plot is an explorer has pillaged landscapes around the globe, opened a museum, and the monkey and idol don't mix well. None of that is really in line with Disney's Animal Kingdom. You could say there's a anti robbery from historic sites bent to the thing, but that's a little weak and doesn't fall in line with the purpose of the park.

You'd really have to be stretching to say Mystic Manor fits in very well at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Not that I won't love the ride (I'm extremely excited) and that it could actually be built there. I'm just saying there's no comparison between which land is more suitable.

You may be right, but I want Mystic Manor because it's an original non IP highly immersive ride. Any replacement would simply have Pixar or WDAS characters.

Bring on the clone!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom