Possible Frontierland expansion

Daveeeeed

Pandora will help a lot. I think they will find they are happy they built two new billion dollar-ish lands.
The lands should happen no matter what, but the biggest problem is Ak & DHS were so undeveloped originally playing catch up will never bring it up to par with where it should be. MK they decide to just replace, and rarely update attractions. And in Epcot, they pretty much decided to abandon the park. At least they are doing something now, but there should've been and should be far more added. Let's face it, WDW gets far fewer updates than Disneyland Resort, has fewer rides IN ALL 4 WDW PARKS, have to use dated transportation and has FASTPASS+ inflating rides to unimaginable numbers as well as due to fewer rides and more people it gets higher waits. Yet somehow I still love WDW.

jt04

Marni do you think the huge cost for these immersive lands will get them to finally build some just immersive rides ala Kong?

I personally feel it is a must to have a combination of both to turn around and keep the park relevant.

Kong is already occasionally a walk on. The Dwarf coaster still has pretty consistent wait times. Immersion works. Placesetting works. Walt was right.

gmajew

Premium Member
Kong is already occasionally a walk on. The Dwarf coaster still has pretty consistent wait times. Immersion works. Placesetting works. Walt was right.

JT do not even try to make that point as wait times are a measure of success. Kong is in a park that normally has low wait times and gets about half the number of visitors in a year. So not same

Kong que is extremely well done and as good as dwarf. Would you not take 3-4 new rides like that in Hollywood studios or even one at MK.

Then you are just plain crazy.

nor'easter

Isn't that a bit harsh? He's just someone who sits in his trailer in the desert channeling Bob Iger, putting together in his mind a grand plan for WDW, which he hasn't visited in years, but somehow his vision is being manifested right before our eyes, just as he knew it would all along. ...
Hmmmm....on second thought, he's plain crazy.

jt04

JT do not even try to make that point as wait times are a measure of success. Kong is in a park that normally has low wait times and gets about half the number of visitors in a year. So not same

Kong que is extremely well done and as good as dwarf. Would you not take 3-4 new rides like that in Hollywood studios or even one at MK.

I wasn't being critical of Kong. Just making the point that the dwarf coaster was built into an immersive environment inside an immersive environment inside an immersive environment. That makes all the difference. BTW, this is how Uni has built Potter thanks to Hogwarts Express. And success followed.

wdwgreek

They're well known. Avland in particular will not have the capacity to do that.

Plus you'll of course be aware of the concerns (still) about SWL capacity, in particular the Falcon ride.

What else?
Sorry to circle back to this but do we have capacity estimates for the new attractions at DHS and AK? You flag the Falcon ride as a potential issue, so I'm wondering if you have ball park numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom