Possible Frontierland expansion

Capsin4

Very astute and quite plausible, except that this scenario would only worsen the bottleneck by Splash Mountain, unless the traffic patterns and walkways in the area were dramatically reworked. At least, so it seems to me. But maybe I'm not visualizing it properly.
I wonder if the lot south of SpM is possible. It's not huge, but they could open the area around Golden Oak Outpost and PBS. Once you turn that corner though, it's right on AL.

jt04

I wonder if the lot south of SpM is possible. It's not huge, but they could open the area around Golden Oak Outpost and PBS. Once you turn that corner though, it's right on AL.

That area is already a crowded mess. Any expansion almost has to happen behind btmrr. At least until Tomorrowland gets fixed. imo.

BrerJon

It was about this time in 2008 that plans leaked out of the blue about a Fantasyland expansion. We've all been so caught up talking about a DHS remake, but maybe the big WDW announcement for D23 will be New Frontierland? If they don't want to open anything new in DHS until 2020, this would give WDW fans something to enjoy in the meantime, while Disneyland gets its Star Wars land.

El Grupo

It was about this time in 2008 that plans leaked out of the blue about a Fantasyland expansion. We've all been so caught up talking about a DHS remake, but maybe the big WDW announcement for D23 will be New Frontierland? If they don't want to open anything new in DHS until 2020, this would give WDW fans something to enjoy in the meantime, while Disneyland gets its Star Wars land.

JMO, but I suspect we will see the same strategy for DHS as was used for DCA...new attractions and re-furbs completed over a five-year span. My guess is that there will be several additions opened during this period leading up to the 50th anniversary of WDW.

MaxW

Don't get my hopes up about that. i would be flabbergasted if a new fantasyland was announced. Especially if it means another e ticket and more of a country bear presence! i asked a cast member one time why big al doesn't have his own meet and greet. He told me, "I don't know, and i'd ask him, but it seems like i BEARly see him anymore!" Har Har Har

BrerJon

Don't get my hopes up about that. i would be flabbergasted if a new fantasyland was announced. Especially if it means another e ticket and more of a country bear presence! i asked a cast member one time why big al doesn't have his own meet and greet. He told me, "I don't know, and i'd ask him, but it seems like i BEARly see him anymore!" Har Har Har

That's one of those obvious things where Disney never joins the dots and thinks creatively. If they had a meet and greet outside the show venue, it would attract people who don't even know the Country Bears exist, make every show capacity, and absorb some of the excess crowds nicely.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yes, they need to address DHS, DAK and EPCOT before moving on to MK unless updating Tomorrowland.

captainmoch

I believe Fantasyland is perfectly fine. 7 Dwarves is technically always going to be an E-Ticket as it has yet to drop below an hour wait time at any time of the day. Peter Pan is outrageously popular always over an hour as well. Heck, even Be Our Guest, even though it's a restaurant, draws a butt load of people over to Fantasyland as well as Winnie the Pooh. It's a Small World has a wait time of 110 minutes on Saturday.. On top of all of those, Philharmagic and Mermaid fill in space with still a very nice ride through (Little Mermaid had a wait time of 30 minutes on Saturday, Mickey's Philharmagic was totally empty). So Fantasyland really doesn't need anymore expanding or E-Tickets.
I wouldn't say Be Our Guest brings over much people, at least not for dinner because of how far in advanced you need reservations. I'm still kind of disappointed that New Fantasyland added an entire area based off BatB but all it added was an overpriced restaurant and a weird show thing. A trackless dark ride would be perfect for a Beauty and the Beast ride, especially if the animatronics in the ride are as good as the Lumiere one in the show for the object characters and as the Seven Dwarfs ones in the the mine train for the human characters.

articos

By the way, Carousel of Progress was in such bad shape.. It was awful. A huge piece of crap. It's neglected. It can be great, but right now it's freaking creepy, boring, and embarrassing. Close it down or maintain it, Disney! I was really wanting my friends to enjoy it when I took them on it but even I was cringing at how bad it was! they walked out saying "Well that sucked. Why did you make us watch it?"

Last I knew, CoP had a few different departments responsible for different aspects of the show. It doesn't make sense, but it's a bit more complicated than other attractions due to the history and legacy. It will get some love again. Eventually.

jt04

Last I knew, CoP had a few different departments responsible for different aspects of the show. It doesn't make sense, but it's a bit more complicated than other attractions due to the history and legacy. It will get some love again. Eventually.

Hopefully it includes a moving van and journey to the west coast.

lobelia

Frontier Land is my favorite area at MK. I am eager for this addition providing TSI remains with a similar experience. One where you can escape the crowd and slow down for a moment. I love watching the riverboat move through the water. It provides needed kinetic energy as well as connecting the environments since steamships are integral to our history. To me it feels like it needs to go northwest or west of BTM. Whenever I exit that ride it feels like I should be able to turn left but the park just ends. I'm interested.

mahnamahna101

I agree the IP choices are slim. heh. But, who knows, maybe they will shock us and reverse the trend by building a new land they intend to turn into a new IP. I think there are real opportunities there.

TSI may have a future but not with that IP. Same for Splash which at the very least of its problems is that it was built in the wrong land. I believe also though that the IP will be replaced in the future. PatF and other IP's seem a much better and guest relateable options IMO.

Slowly they are correcting mistakes by previous managers. I think Splash and TSI fall into that category. Laugh Floor, Stitch and possibly philharmagic will also find new parks or be reimagined in due time.
LOL..... there's someone out there who think Splash Mountain will be rethemed... ever?

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is the opening song for the MK Welcome show
Splash is one of the most iconic E-tickets at WDW
As far as guests are concerned, it's an original ride based on a Disney-created folk tale
PATF didn't make nearly enough money to warrant a retheme
The scenes in Splash are too high up/detailed to just reskin to a different IP

I can confidently say Splash, Space, Big Thunder, IASW, HM, Peter Pan, POTC and JC will be at MK until its final day of operation.

Splash is not a mistake at this point... way too popular and expensive to just retheme. It's such a small mistake that no one really notices anyways.

But Tiana isn't getting her own E-ticket when B&TB, Lion King, Aladdin, Jungle Book and Mary Poppins don't even have one, yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom