Possible Frontierland expansion

Seabasealpha1

But Frontierland doesn't have live animals (minus that time that my family saw alligators swimming a little too close to Splash Mountain).
Picture this: You're loaded onto a cozy train, and you see:
  • Buffalo (which the majority of the country doesn't see on a daily basis)
  • Moose (again, not many moose in the lower 48)
  • Elk
  • White-tailed and Mule deer
  • Beavers
  • Otters
  • Black and brown bears
  • Alligators
  • Mountain Lions
  • Mountain goats
  • Wolves
  • Muskox
  • Pronghorns
  • Foxes
The climate is really the biggest issue here. Most of the animals I listed live in cooler climates, but I'm sure Disney could at least figure out a way to showcase the ones who live in warmer climates.
Ah...but it's Disney...go a step further...I'm sure they could work in a few Grizzly Bears...I've seen it pulled off very well at the Columbus Zoo...

Princess Leia

Ah...but it's Disney...go a step further...I'm sure they could work in a few Grizzly Bears...I've seen it pulled off very well at the Columbus Zoo...
I actually should have mentioned this in the other post (and I'll edit that as soon as I finish this one), but it's actually difficult to get bears? There's like a waitlist for them. The Toledo Zoo just got 3 (2 brown, and 1 Kodiak- I think), and the two brown bear cubs were only available because their mother attacked a man at a national park unprovoked. The Kodiak was taken in by the zoo after it's mother was killed by a poacher. I'm sure Disney could jump to the top of the wait list though, if they built a natural landscape for bears. I think that Polar Bears are probably out of the question, unless they were housed in a very, very cold area.

MotherOfBirds

Thematically, I wouldn't have an issue with N. American live animal exhibits in Frontierland, just a land for it in AK. They shouldn't have too much issue getting bears, seeing how the state has been itching to allow more bear hunts.

TeriofTerror

But Frontierland doesn't have live animals (minus that time that my family saw alligators swimming a little too close to Splash Mountain).
Picture this: You're loaded onto a cozy train, and you see:
  • Buffalo (which the majority of the country doesn't see on a daily basis)
  • Moose (again, not many moose in the lower 48)
  • Elk
  • White-tailed and Mule deer
  • Bald Eagles (I think that they're only allowed to be in captivity if they're rescued/injured)
  • Turkeys (Make Ben Franklin proud)
  • Beavers
  • Otters
  • Black and brown bears (if Disney builds a proper home for them, and manages to get to the top of a wild bear wait list- it's pretty hard for zoos to get bears)
  • Alligators
  • Mountain Lions
  • Mountain goats
  • Wolves
  • Muskox
  • Pronghorns
  • Foxes
The climate is really the biggest issue here. Most of the animals I listed live in cooler climates, but I'm sure Disney could at least figure out a way to showcase the ones who live in warmer climates.
Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

doctornick

Original Poster
has there ever been talk of expanding frontierland recently?

IIRC, the most recent scuttlebutt on here from insiders was that plans for Frontierland expansion were put on hold and attention was turned to Tomorrowland -- TL now should get a re-theme (already ongoing), replacement for SGE and possible a new attraction on an expansion pad.

Meanwhile, Frontierland will just be getting a (hopefully large) refresh in preparation for the 50th but no major addition.

There was also talk of bringing back the holiday show for the Country Bears, but I don't know whatever became of that.

As an aside, I wonder whatever happened to @whylightbulb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom