Possible Frontierland expansion

Princess Leia

Animal Kingdom motto: If it ain't in a jungle, it ain't exists.
Pretty much. I don't see why they haven't expanded with a South American area, tbh. Unless they're saving Brazil for Epcot, they should really have an area dedicated to the rainforests.

I think that climate is probably the most reasonable explanation for why the North American animals haven't made it to Florida. And it's sort of a shame, because there are so many great mammals to choose from, and they could be showcased in a really cool way.

brb1006

I'm not sure if Bambi would be the best property to use though? Unless they tie it in with an exhibit about North American animals, I don't see it happening.

Pretty much. I don't see why they haven't expanded with a South American area, tbh. Unless they're saving Brazil for Epcot, they should really have an area dedicated to the rainforests.

I think that climate is probably the most reasonable explanation for why the North American animals haven't made it to Florida. And it's sort of a shame, because there are so many great mammals to choose from, and they could be showcased in a really cool way.
A North American section would work.

Princess Leia

You're right. The other problem is that Bambi is a male and I don't think TWDC wants to deal with the controversy of why parents would give their son such an effeminate name.
Ummmm, not so sure that's stopping them. I think it's probably that they don't want to get into an anti-hunter discussion. They could, however, talk about responsible ways to behave in nature, especially if someone does hunt (not leaving a fire unattended, not shooting does that clearly have fawns, etc.)

Phil12

Ummmm, not so sure that's stopping them. I think it's probably that they don't want to get into an anti-hunter discussion. They could, however, talk about responsible ways to behave in nature, especially if someone does hunt (not leaving a fire unattended, not shooting does that clearly have fawns, etc.)
Well, dealing with the sequel will also be a problem:

KrazyKat

In the new walk through area under The Tree of Life that just reopened, I wish they would have added a scene with AAs of Bambi, Thumper, Flower and other characters from the movie.

S 2

In the new walk through area under The Tree of Life that just reopened, I wish they would have added a scene with AAs of Bambi, Thumper, Flower and other characters from the movie.
...Plus they actually have really baby rabbits and deer running through the property

brb1006

Anyway this needs to become a reality
Idea: Take that conceit of Liberty Square/Frontierland being a geographic progression from East to West across American history and go up to the Great White North. Alaska, the Yukon and the Klondike Gold Rush through the lens of young Scrooge McDuck's years spent at White Agony Creek. Have an E-Ticket inspired by the Carl Barks and Don Rosa "Scrooge in the Klondike" stories mixed with elements of Western River Expedition using the Shanghai Pirates ride system.

Cesar R M

Do Thumper and Miss Bunny still show up at AK these days?
Havent seen them in my trips.
Theres always Tarzan and Flik going on. And rarely Timon (other than his daily show at Animal Kingdom)
I think the last time I seen some somewhat rare characters, was at the dance party by Dinoland (removed a few years ago)

Kman101

Tarzan and Flik were still out and about as of last week. Didn't see an extra characters floating about. I'm assuming Dug was dropped when they added one of Tarzan or Flik back. See, that's the thing, why take away and replace? It's what they do, with attractions, entertainment, characters ...

Princess Leia

They already have a North America section, effectively. It's Frontierland. Adding it to AK would be redundant.
But Frontierland doesn't have live animals (minus that time that my family saw alligators swimming a little too close to Splash Mountain).
Picture this: You're loaded onto a cozy train, and you see:
  • Buffalo (which the majority of the country doesn't see on a daily basis)
  • Moose (again, not many moose in the lower 48)
  • Elk
  • White-tailed and Mule deer
  • Bald Eagles (I think that they're only allowed to be in captivity if they're rescued/injured)
  • Turkeys (Make Ben Franklin proud)
  • Beavers
  • Otters
  • Black and brown bears (if Disney builds a proper home for them, and manages to get to the top of a wild bear wait list- it's pretty hard for zoos to get bears)
  • Alligators
  • Mountain Lions
  • Mountain goats
  • Wolves
  • Muskox
  • Pronghorns
  • Foxes
The climate is really the biggest issue here. Most of the animals I listed live in cooler climates, but I'm sure Disney could at least figure out a way to showcase the ones who live in warmer climates.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom