Poseidon’s Fury at Universal’s Islands of Adventure Closing Permanently May 9, 2023.

celluloid

I wish they would have sold Poesidon's Fury shirts more often. The version 2 of Poseidon never had much merch to my knowledge. Also, the tribute shirt was grabbed up and hawked so sadly many fans could not get one. Even people who worked the show who wanted one, which they probably could have just printed some as a gift to those losing their venue.

Smugpugmug

Final Tour merch has arrived

I went to IoA on saturday to buy one of these and by the time I got there a team member told me they sold over 400 of these. By sunday I saw reports that they're sold out already. I don't think Universal estimated the popularity of Poseidon's Fury merch.

Rob562

Or you wait a couple days until they're available online... 🤷‍♂️

-Rob

WDWFREAK53

I highly doubt anything of this caliber would happen but imagine if one of the Epic Universe portals was something like the water tunnel?

DavidDL

We made it here today! They are handing out wristbands which are needed for the final showing tonight! T-shirt was sold out which is a bummer but nothing I can’t buy online some other time.

IMG_1546.jpeg

celluloid

IOA loses another no height requirement multi audience accessible attraction, which is not a good thing. Very few no height requirement gentle accessible adventures left.

One Fish Two Fish and Carosuessel and Storm Force Acelletron are really it in the way of the rides. Raptor Encounter, Discovery Center and Olivanders and Mystic Fountain are the only entertainment based adventure discoveries left, none of which on the scale of Poseidon.

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

IOA loses another no height requirement multi audience accessible attraction, which is not a good thing. Very few no height requirement gentle accessible adventures left.

One Fish Two Fish and Carosuessel and Storm Force Acelletron are really it in the way of the rides. Raptor Encounter, Discovery Center and Olivanders and Mystic Fountain are the only entertainment based adventure discoveries left, none of which on the sale of Poseidon.
I think USF will pick up the slack in the coming years with attractions for younger kids in Villain-Con and the new Kidzone. Islands does have awesome playgrounds for kids though, Camp Jurassic, If I Ran the Zoo, and Popeye’s ship are very well themed and even worth a walk through if you’re an adult.

DavidDL

Let us know how the final showings goes
We just got done with a regular showing, folks were cheering, hollering, dressed up and having a great time. I can only imagine this will mean the final showing will be even nuttier!

I will share my experience here later tonight! Though I am unlikely to take photos or video during the show. Lots of folks have been today but for some reason when I do it, they get snippy with me. -and I wouldn’t want that to be my final memory of the show. I’m sure there will be lots of other “final showing” videos on YouTube soon enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom