Poseidon’s Fury at Universal’s Islands of Adventure Closing Permanently May 9, 2023.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the memo that apparently went out about this -

Ftb6hpHWYAAPScR.jpeg

Smugpugmug

I haven't seen Poseidon's Fury since 2012 when I went to Universal for the first time but I'll try to check it out again before it permanently closes.

If this signals the end of Lost Continent, RIP. My absolute favorite part of the land was the area music, especially the score that plays near Mythos. Probably my favorite area music in the entire resort.

jannerUK

I was just looking at this last night to see if it was still around. Part of me was relieved that it was for our Summer 2023 trip. Alas, not to be with a 9th May close. Why not leave it open for the summer months and then remove in the quiet ones boggles me. I was also surprised though that it had not gone already. It does mean one less show in the Orlando experience; they do seem to be far and few between now!

Tom Morrow

Interesting that they just recently spruced the whole thing up with a refurbishment only to close it a little bit later. It was also the last attraction, I believe, to re-open after Covid. Maybe they were giving it one last chance to "prove itself" and its impact on the rest of the park and decided it just didn't have enough pull to affect things?

Either way, it's not a great show, but in 1999 it was really awesome. The water vortex alone is still worth experiencing the whole thing for.

DavidDL

Gutted about this. To rub salt in the wound, our next trip has us landing in Orlando on May 9th at 6:30pm, with Islands of Adventure closing at 9pm. I wonder if it’s possible to make it to the park before closing that night if we head straight there? Does anyone know if the show closes earlier than the park itself or right at 9pm? Part of me thinks it may be a little busier than normal there since it’ll be the last shows but who knows, maybe not?

jannerUK

How tight are these closure dates, are they ever postponed? Any examples in orlando. I just cant understand why its a May closure, when nothing will be in place for the busy summer. Seems mad not to make it a Oct or Dec closure

Smugpugmug

Gutted about this. To rub salt in the wound, our next trip has us landing in Orlando on May 9th at 6:30pm, with Islands of Adventure closing at 9pm. I wonder if it’s possible to make it to the park before closing that night if we head straight there? Does anyone know if the show closes earlier than the park itself or right at 9pm? Part of me thinks it may be a little busier than normal there since it’ll be the last shows but who knows, maybe not?
I was at Universal on Easter sunday. I walked past Poseidon's Fury at around 8:30 pm (park closed at 9) and it was closed. Not sure when exactly it closed though. I would try to get there at least an hour or so before the park closes.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
:( What about Mythos ? Thats the only decent place to eat in that park!

I think it would be relatively easy to incorporate Mythos into a Zelda themed area with only changes to the exterior required. Could be possible to keep Mythos open through construction as well with Mythos being on the water side of the pathway (as opposed to the opposite side where all the major ride work would be done. But yeah, with Poseidon closing and Sinbad previously having been closed, that makes a BIG chuck of new real-estate for a new land.

DavidDL

I was at Universal on Easter sunday. I walked past Poseidon's Fury at around 8:30 pm (park closed at 9) and it was closed. Not sure when exactly it closed though. I would try to get there at least an hour or so before the park closes.

Oh man, that’s rough. Probably cutting it a little bit too close with our arrival time. :( Bummer. But thank you for sharing the info.

J4546

Thank God. That attraction was terrible imo. Can't wait to see what they do with the space as well.as the massive abandoned theater next door

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Wonder if there is any tie between this closure announcement and the success of the Mario movie? I mean, with the success of the Mario movie, a Zelda movie seems that much more likely to be pushed up and with a Zelda movie, I can imagine Universal would want to capitalize on that franchise as much as possible with the long rumored Zelda themed area...

DavidDL

Just got off the phone with Guest Services. They informed me that the final showings are 30 minutes before park closing each night. Which means you'll have to be in line before 8:30pm on May 9th to see the show.

If our plane arrives and lands on time that night, I'll probably chance it and buy some tickets into IOA to experience it one last time.

mf1972

we did it once years ago. it was a 1 & done for us. just didn’t care for it overall. i remember it being so loud i had such a headache afterwards. i wont miss it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom