Port Orleans - Riverside

Going2Disney

Hello Everyone. Just a few questions regarding PO Riverside please and thank. If you have stayed there, which side did you prefer better and room number if possible would be great. Also do they have refriderator's in rooms to store milk and drinks?

Thanks we are traveling end of October 2010 with two kids 3 and 6. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Sloan

a few tips

I like the 'Alligator Bayou' side, as it feels very serene and 'woodsy', in keeping with the theme of the resort. I've found buildings 14 and 18 to be best, as they are closest to the main building that houses dining, check-in, shopping, etc.. They are also convenient for the bus stops. Note that there are just two floors in all of these buildings, and they have stairs, so if you have a lot of luggage or want to avoid the stairs, ask for the ground floor.

The 'Magnolia Bend' side of the resort has very large buildings, a slightly more modern feel, and is slightly more 'elegant' with very nice landscaping. If this is your preference, building 90 is the most convenient. Note that you can catch a boat to Downtown Disney from the 'Riverside Levee' area.

Port Orleans is still, after many years, my favorite of the 'moderate' Disney resorts - I hope that you will enjoy your stay.

P.S. And confirming what Lucky already stated, yes, you will find a small fridge in each room - I've never tried to get a milk carton in there, but they might not be tall enough for a full-size carton or bottle.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

I have stayed at POR twice. Both times were in Magnolia Terrace. Rooms #8669 and #8671. Both were on 2nd floor. #8671 was a corner "water-view" room with 2 windows.

Upvote 0

zweltar

My wife and I love the serenity that is found on the Magnolia Bend side. We have been in summer twice, and the Alligator Bayou side was much louder with many kids in the "quiet pools" until midnight or later. The Magnolia Bend mansions are so striking and elegant, I just love it. Walking through that resort at night is one of the strongest memories I have of WDW.
POR is so awesome!
PS - As mentioned above, there is a pretty decent sized fridge in the room.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hello Everyone. Just a few questions regarding PO Riverside please and thank. If you have stayed there, which side did you prefer better and room number if possible would be great. Also do they have refriderator's in rooms to store milk and drinks?

Thanks we are traveling end of October 2010 with two kids 3 and 6. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

POR is great!...Scenic & quiet.
We have stayed in the Alligator Bayou section (I think it was bldg 16).
They do have a small fridge that can store a small cartons of milk & other drinks.
Also, I would recommend the purchase of a resort mug - for about $15 you can get unlimited refills on various types of drinks at the resort.
Have fun!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Been there twice and loved it. Alligator Bayou buildings 14 and 16. Gorgeous setting, great amenities.

The main thing to remember.

SEE YEHAA BOB!!

Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

tjnpd116

Por

It's all in how you do disney, if your the type that eats breakfast every morning at the hotel, then buildings 14,15,16, and 18 are your best choice. We very seldom eat at hotel, and request buildings 24, 25, or 34. those are very close to the bus stop, fewer people, with very little walk or wait for buses. Then if you do decide to go to the main buildings, its only like walking from the gates of the magic kingdom to cinderelas castle, and we all know if you dont like to walk then why are you going to disney world.
Every set of four or five buildings have their own laundry room, and swimming pool, so its the same distance no matter where you stay.
Either way, Have a Great Trip.

p.s no building is guarenteed, so its alot easier to get in the farther buildings than the closer one's, because thats what everyone request. So why not request one in the back, very close to the bus stop, for quicker access to the parks.

Upvote 0
Just a warning about the refrigerator. It is fine for keeping things cool. :cool: But it does not really chill or get things cold. I would be leery about keeping milk inside.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

When we went in May, we stayed in building 14. That was excellent. We were right next to the dining hall and a short walk across a section of parking lot to the bus terminal. Of course, we requested due to DW being pregnant at the time so you may have a hard time getting it. But I do recommend Alligator Bayou, the scenery, IMO, is much nicer. Also, when we would get back from the parks at night, we would buy a small milk at the gift shop to keep in the refrigerator. It work well. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

agreed. we got one last trip. I purchased case of bottle water from WM for trip. Fridge barely chilled the water. it was barely a step from lukewarm

Upvote 0

Disneybird

The last time we stayed at POR, the refirgerator was only slightly cool also. We found a rubber plug about the size of a nickel on the refrigerator, covering a piece of metal that might have been attached to a temperature dial at one point. We used my tweezers and turned the metal and had a cold refrigerator the rest of the week.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We've stayed in both Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend, and much prefer Magnolia Bend. As others have said, it's much quieter, and the rooms are much more charming. Alligator Bayou was a little too rustic for me.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
My vote would be for

Alligator Bayou. We had building 18 and were very pleased with the distance to the lobby, main pool and parking. Be aware with the building suggestions being given that I understand they are now charging extra for "preferred" rooms. i.e, near the lobby, bus stops etc.

Upvote 0

DisneyWeather!

Riverside is our favorite, but we only did Carribean Beach to compare. But we liked Riverside so much that we booked next summer's trip there too. Last time it was wife and kids, but we said that the grandparents have to see this next time. To me the property and theming is part of the overall Disney trip. We never leave The World even when we go back to the resort. I can't wait!

Quick Question, if we want to make a building request, can we do that anytime after booking, or do you have to wait until closer to travel date?

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I was there for a weekend in early October and had a wonderful time. We stayed in Oak Manor which is right over the bridge from all the lobby-related services. We were on the backside of the building, facing the parking lot but the walk didn't seem that far, just a little winding. Getting to the bus stop was easy...just over the bridge and through the lobby!

I would definitely stay again. We had stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon so it was nice to see the other side of Port Orleans. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyWeather!

I was there for a weekend in early October and had a wonderful time. We stayed in Oak Manor which is right over the bridge from all the lobby-related services. We were on the backside of the building, facing the parking lot but the walk didn't seem that far, just a little winding. Getting to the bus stop was easy...just over the bridge and through the lobby!

I would definitely stay again. We had stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon so it was nice to see the other side of Port Orleans. :)

Was there an additional fee attached to this room/building as it was closer to the lobby, etc.?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom