Pooh Queue Rumor: Tigger Bounce Spot to be removed

Rob562

The ground looks pretty soft to me... it looks to be that same rubber-type flooring/ground that was in the original Pooh's Playful Spot. You wouldn't believe the kids that I would see trip and fall in there and every single one of them would get right back up and keep on running (no tears to be found).

I don't see how the kids would hurt themselves that bad here either... even with the bouncy pads!?! But what do I know!?! :shrug:

From the video posted, it looks like the pads' bounciness has been decreased a LOT from the preview video with the Imagineer... Or perhaps it's just that for most kids, they don't weigh enough to push the pads down as far as the adult Imagineer.

-Rob

Tigger1988

The ground looks pretty soft to me... it looks to be that same rubber-type flooring/ground that was in the original Pooh's Playful Spot. You wouldn't believe the kids that I would see trip and fall in there and every single one of them would get right back up and keep on running (no tears to be found).

I don't see how the kids would hurt themselves that bad here either... even with the bouncy pads!?! But what do I know!?! :shrug:

I was being sarcastic. The kids are having fun and are unharmed, going by the doom and gloom throughout this post you'd think there would be children lying on the ground moaning in pain.

TinkRBell427

IMO, I think they should have made the pads a bit bigger. Seeing the footage of the kids bouncing on them made me feel a bit better about the place, but I also imagine someone's shoe getting caught in the space between the pad and ground. Or maybe that would just happen to me because I always have that bad luck.:lol: I really don't think an adult should bounce in there though because the footage of Amber Samdahl(I think those are her feet) looks bad. She was kind of stumbling/tripping on them.

IlikeDW

From the video posted, it looks like the pads' bounciness has been decreased a LOT from the preview video with the Imagineer... Or perhaps it's just that for most kids, they don't weigh enough to push the pads down as far as the adult Imagineer.

-Rob

I agree pads seem considerably less bouncy.

hokielutz

I never stated that safety = wimpiness. You took it to that extreme, not me. My point is that we can't walk around wrapped in bubble wrap all of our lives. I don't want my kids to get hurt but I also want them to know that if you get knocked down, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep on playing.

Yay!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

hokielutz

Not new news just wondering if everyone still things it's horribly unsafe and should never have made it off the drawing board?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V4WqOQSfOC4

What is all the commotion about? this home video makes it look like fun. I went through the attraction twice in December... (before the christmas week crowds) and it wasn't open either time... possibly because the queue was so short??

Anyways, it looks and sounds like fun and I hope it stays in some form so I can try it in May.

NewfieFan

I was being sarcastic. The kids are having fun and are unharmed, going by the doom and gloom throughout this post you'd think there would be children lying on the ground moaning in pain.

I knew you were being sarcastic... I was just elaborating on the fact that after seeing the video it doesn't look as bad as once thought... I was in agreement with you!

britlightyear

I have to say that after watching my son (7) and my younger sister (19) play on the bouncy spots a couple days ago, they don't seem to be even remotely the danger that I thought they first seemed. I was quite surprised the area was open but they both had a lot of fun bouncing and neither one was injured...lol. In fact, I practically had to drag my son away to go on the ride. I can post pictures in a couple days when I get home.

scottnj1966

I took some video of guests jumping in the tigger area a few days ago.
I will add it as soon as I can.

And yes a cm asked them to stop after a couple minutes.

TheBeatles

there is always a CM taking notes when it's opened.

personally, i think the pads will not last.

i really hope not because it's such a simple thing that both kids and adults like.

Rob562

What is all the commotion about? this home video makes it look like fun. I went through the attraction twice in December... (before the christmas week crowds) and it wasn't open either time... possibly because the queue was so short??

Anyways, it looks and sounds like fun and I hope it stays in some form so I can try it in May.

I think much of the discussion is based on the video that the Disney Parks blog posted when the area first opened. It showed a rather small-in-stature female Imagineer bouncing on the pads, and the pad sunk WAY down into the ground (4"-5"). Many thought it was too springey, and that it would be a significant trip/fall hazard if one bounced from one to the next and didn't land squarely on the second one. (And possibly a "running stumble" into a non-padded area if you tripped hopping from one to the other)

Here's the original video clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsBpzgIKhHs

From the video posted earlier, it appears that they toned the springs down a bit.

-Rob

scottnj1966

I'm a bit confused... why would a cm ask them to stop? Was the area closed?

Yes the area has never opened and was closed and blocked off with large planters. They squeezed thru to try it out. I just happen to be on the other side of the wall taking pictures of it at the same time.

T-1MILLION

Still closed as of yesterday and got to experience the queue.

Most of the queue's itneractive elements end up being a pain and distracting kids with parents who are less than responsible in guiding them along.

Not a fan.

A queue should be an awesome themed enviorment and details and magic elements throughout that are often interactive...not a playground.

imagineer boy

Still closed as of yesterday and got to experience the queue.

Most of the queue's itneractive elements end up being a pain and distracting kids with parents who are less than responsible in guiding them along.

Not a fan.

A queue should be an awesome themed enviorment and details and magic elements throughout that are often interactive...not a playground.

Well I think for the most part they made the queue so that the interactive elements would be a nice distraction but kids would still move through the line. Tiggers spot is obviously somthing kids would want to play around in for hours and not continue through the queue for the ride. So maybe it would be a good thing if it was removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom