Pooh Queue Rumor: Tigger Bounce Spot to be removed

Testtrack321

Original Poster
It's been closed since "opening", but now rumors are spreading that this part of the queue will be removed soon. Can anyone confirm, and if so, any news on a replacement?

TalkingHead

It's been closed since "opening", but now rumors are spreading that this part of the queue will be removed soon. Can anyone confirm, and if so, any news on a replacement?

Interesting if true. I would've been more surprised if they hadn't removed them. They were a lawsuit (or a hundred) waiting to happen.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I've heard this same rumor from several sources today too. Doesn't exactly surprise me. What I don't understand is how such a risky concept even made it off the drawing board and was actually installed. How is it that NO ONE realized how dangerous this could be prior to it actually getting built?! :hammer: While I appreciate the changes to the queue I feel similarly about the whole thing actually. The rest of the additions aren't so much dangerous as they are easily broken and LOUD. The whole area is an assault on the senses (and not in a good way) and the way the kids abuse things it is only a matter of time before all the effects stop working. I was there only 2 weeks after the opening and things were already showing signs of serious wear and not functioning properly. Seems that whoever thought up the whole area didn't quite think things through all the way. :lookaroun

Tinkerbell 8

We we in MK today and rode the many adventures of Winnie the pooh and im not sure if I just misses it, but i didn't see the tigger bounce area.where exactly is it?

Neverland

Having bounced in it multiple times, this doesn't come at all as a surprise to me. It's a ton of fun, would have been a hit with the kiddies, but it's also incredibly dangerous. There were technical issues initially, and that's why it didn't open when the rest of the queue did, but after the first few weeks, those glitches were fixed. It remains closed simply because Disney can't open it. I'm an adult and can keep my balance better than a child, and I nearly hurt myself a couple times.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

A broken bone of a toddler could have happened at any minute.

It was a lawsuit waiting to happen! :ROFLOL:

DonaldDoleWhip

Just wondering - what effects were going to be used at the bounce spot, and why is it dangerous? I couldn't find any info on what this part of the queue actually does.

Sounds like it's a good thing if it's removed though.

trr1

Just wondering - what effects were going to be used at the bounce spot, and why is it dangerous? I couldn't find any info on what this part of the queue actually does.

I think they were mini Trampolines on top of holes

Neverland

It's an area with about 16 Tigger-striped, solid, circular pads about a foot in diameter. The pads have springs beneath them, so when you step on them, they lower into the ground and make noises, and when you jump or step off, they spring back up. There are a lot of dangerous things about it. One of the main things is that the pads are so small, they are easy to miss. If you land half on the pad and half on the solid ground, you're in for an ouchie. Also, the pads are close enough together so that you can leap from pad to pad, but it's incredibly easy to lose your balance when doing that. Plus, lots of kids bouncing in one area when part of the area is hard and solid just does not bode well.

TP2000

It's an area with about 16 Tigger-striped, solid, circular pads about a foot in diameter. The pads have springs beneath them, so when you step on them, they lower into the ground and make noises, and when you jump or step off, they spring back up. There are a lot of dangerous things about it. One of the main things is that the pads are so small, they are easy to miss. If you land half on the pad and half on the solid ground, you're in for an ouchie. Also, the pads are close enough together so that you can leap from pad to pad, but it's incredibly easy to lose your balance when doing that. Plus, lots of kids bouncing in one area when part of the area is hard and solid just does not bode well.

Seriously?!? They actually built this into a queue for a ride? In the year 2011 and not 1957??? :eek:

Who the heck approved that for a queue??? And what planet do they live on that they don't see this being a problem in a very busy theme park with people of all shapes and sizes and IQ's???

I'm amazed and totally dumbfounded that this ever got beyond a sketch on a cocktail napkin just after last call.

Are there any pictures of this trampoline queue area? I'd love to see it.

Bork Bork

Here 'tis. From MouseSteps:

IMG_0131.jpg

Oops! Captain Hank beat me to it!

Atomicmickey

I think this is a case of good idea, bad execution. When I saw those small pads, I winced instinctively.

All they'd really need to do is come up with some sort of overall sponge pad. For smaller kids, just catching an extra inch of air, or the sensation of being able to do so, would be enough.

Heck, my kids Tigger-bounce anywhere, anyway--so this could be largely illusory--just a space dedicated to bouncing, and they'd probably go nuts and have a great time. Disney needs places where kids can just blow off some energy.

So--they could vastly simplify this, even put in some sort of light beam sensor that plays a "boing" sound when broken, and the kids would have a great time, and never know that it's actually very simple, and very safe.

So hopefully they can go this, because the idea is good.

WDWRLD

Funny, just saw video of the new additions of the Pooh Que and a soon as I saw them I thought how dangerous does that look. Check YouTube, that where I saw it.

janoimagine

I can't believe how shortsighted imagineering, TDO, and the Disney legal staff were on this one ..... if I were Amber Samdahl I would start getting my resume together, I can't believe in this day of frivilous lawsuits that this was given a green light. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom