Pooh Queue Rumor: Tigger Bounce Spot to be removed

janoimagine

All these negative posts concerning the tigger bounce is exactly why schools are no longer allowing children to play kickball, dodgeball and tag. We are raising our children to be a bunch of whimps that won't know what to do when they trip and scrape their knee. As far as I'm concerned Disney should open up that part of the queu and my 18 month old and four year old sons will be the first ones to go in and pretend to be tigger on the tigger bounce. The rest of you who have an issue can stand on the outside and have your children watch as my children have a good time. If my boys fall and get hurt then I will pick them up tell them its okay and encourage them to play on. We have become so afraid of evrything that we don't know how to have fun anymore. Sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful but come on people, if I was four I would love to have the chance to jump on those things. :animwink:

I agree completely, however we live in a day and age where people will sue you for anything and everything, which is a big old negative mark against society has a whole. It is very unfortunate however it is a reality.

NewfieFan

I've heard this same rumor from several sources today too. Doesn't exactly surprise me. What I don't understand is how such a risky concept even made it off the drawing board and was actually installed. How is it that NO ONE realized how dangerous this could be prior to it actually getting built?! :hammer: While I appreciate the changes to the queue I feel similarly about the whole thing actually. The rest of the additions aren't so much dangerous as they are easily broken and LOUD. The whole area is an assault on the senses (and not in a good way) and the way the kids abuse things it is only a matter of time before all the effects stop working. I was there only 2 weeks after the opening and things were already showing signs of serious wear and not functioning properly. Seems that whoever thought up the whole area didn't quite think things through all the way. :lookaroun

Look at how much abuse Minnie's house took... but the effects still worked for the most part. I'm sure Disney Imagineers can create interactive features that can still take the wear and tear.

I think this is a case of good idea, bad execution. When I saw those small pads, I winced instinctively.

All they'd really need to do is come up with some sort of overall sponge pad. For smaller kids, just catching an extra inch of air, or the sensation of being able to do so, would be enough.

Heck, my kids Tigger-bounce anywhere, anyway--so this could be largely illusory--just a space dedicated to bouncing, and they'd probably go nuts and have a great time. Disney needs places where kids can just blow off some energy.

So--they could vastly simplify this, even put in some sort of light beam sensor that plays a "boing" sound when broken, and the kids would have a great time, and never know that it's actually very simple, and very safe.

So hopefully they can go this, because the idea is good.

I was thinking something along the same lines. Even something as simply as the spots on the ground being "buttons" that would make the Tigger bounce noise.

As of Sunday everything still looked good and worked. They are doing maintenance on it. Will find picture later, on the bell spinners there are these little nylon balls that hit the bells to make them ring, one day two were missing the next day they were all fixed. To me it looks like they are trying to keep the area clean and functional, it really gets used hard and heavy.

Is the watering can (not sure exactly what it is) feature working? It seems like every time someone went through the queue and took pictures this feature was down as well!

bellissimo

i second the people who are suggesting taking away some of the "bounciness", and simply amplifying the sound effects themselves.

but honestly? it looks like disney has re-opened this area (based on the picture a few posts ago), and what do they have to lose? sure, the press would jump on any disney related injury (just look at the deaths in celebration) or lawsuit, but do you guys really think that disney wouldn't be able to simply wave away the lawsuit within hours? think of a good lawyer.. and when looking at the pool of 'good' lawyers, wouldn't disney be able to get a fairly decent one? there's got to be fine print somewhere about participating in disney rides at your own risk or something, somewhere.. and even if there wasn't, they'd simply pay for the small (relativley speaking) hospital bill of a fractured ankle that the person's insurance didn't cover, and that would be that. all the money disney makes in one day would outshadow any minor medical bill by far.. and unless someone died on the 'tigger bouncing pads', i don't think this information would be privvy to the press. so.

Neverland

My other thought watching that video was... How many weeks will all of those effects work for? It's been almost 60 days, do the honking radishes still work? Are the gophers still popping up? Do the drums still look like watermelons?

The honking tomatoes broke and were covered for a while, then replaced. The tug-of-war bit is often broken, because the kids tug the rope way too hard. Many of the gophers are missing limbs because people let their kids climb up into the garden and play with the gophers. The bell flowers often don't work. Most of the bees in the Hunny Highway are missing heads and/or wings. However, some of the things are routinely fixed (such as the tug-of-war), and I've seen imagineers checking the queue out many a time.

But it's also a huge warning flag, because it's apparent that they either asked for no input from the people who actually staff and operate the park, or worse, WDI completely ignored everything the operations folks told them from their 40 years of park operating experience.

That would be me. Running the Pooh queue is an absolute nightmare. It's incredibly loud inside, and people can't hear which rows to go to. We have to have an extra two positions up watching kids to make sure they don't climb or break anything or do anything stupid because their parents weren't watching. The new merge point backs up the fastpass line, sometimes out the door, and makes guests angry. The fastpass guests because they have to wait a ridiculous amount of time, and the standby because they can't move until the fastpass guests are let in. And the biggest problem is that there are no ropes anywhere, which means the CM at the merge point has to physically hold back the furious standby line to let fastpass in, and vice versa. Not to mention that when the park closes, there's no way to close off the line, so guests will wander in while we're trying to shut down the ride.

Someone on Twitter just said the Bounce area is currently open to guests. So maybe we all need to wait and see if this rumor comes to fruition before condemning the whole idea.

It's been open before, but usually closes again a while later.

IlikeDW

Look at how much abuse Minnie's house took... but the effects still worked for the most part. I'm sure Disney Imagineers can create interactive features that can still take the wear and tear.

I was thinking something along the same lines. Even something as simply as the spots on the ground being "buttons" that would make the Tigger bounce noise.

Is the watering can (not sure exactly what it is) feature working? It seems like every time someone went through the queue and took pictures this feature was down as well!

It was working but not very well, sort of a trickle rather than a flow. Looked more like a design issue than maintenance. Hope they fix it.

DisneyMusician2

We're only one step away from signed waivers at Disney anyway...maybe you should have to sign away before you can enter. Or make it part of the ticket contract upon entering the park.:)

And people really will sue for ANYTHING nowadays...

MotherOfBirds

Oh God, Little Timmy fell and bumped his knee. Let's sue Disney for twenty grand for all his pain and suffering and emotional scarring. Honestly, I think he' be more mentally scarred by the images from spending a day at Typhoon Lagoon than anything else :lol:

And waivers won't be enough. Upon entry to the park, all children under 18 will be given a helmet and will be rolled in bubble wrap to ensure maximum safety during their stay.

WDWFigment

A lot of people here are discussing maintenance, so I thought I'd add my own anecdotes to the mix. When we were there in December, shortly after opening, I wondered how long it would be before effects started breaking. Two of the three times we visited the attraction, we saw kids climbing up in the gopher area, stomping on the gophers. Kids were being brutal with other effects in the queue, and there was nary a parent in sight who was actually disciplining their children for doing so, or in any way "keeping them in line."

From a legal standpoint, a "play at your own risk" sign would not be sufficient (assuming it's dangerous in the first place, as others have indicated). It might be sufficient to remove liability, but it still wouldn't prevent those frivolous suits, which is what Disney legal should be seeking to do. It costs money to defend those, even if they are baseless. It's truly terrible that we live in a society where there are so many frivolous suits (although I think many in the general public believe there are far more of these than there actually are), but unfortunately, that is the case. This doesn't just exist in the courtrooms--everywhere in America today people have less and less accountability and self-reliance.

wedway71

I wonder if WDI or WDW leadership will learn rethink this and rip it all out and recreate the area...

I understand about Show but when people are destrying the show and it becomes very expensive and time consuming just to keep it looking fresh, is it worth it?

That was the first thing I thought of was bratty kids and even worse, parents that feel they deserve to let their kids destroy the park since they paid admission.

I can appreciate how cool the idea was on paper, but surely these people had no clue as to what the wonderful world of Guests can do!

lens300

My daughter played on these on Sunday Jan 16th they were open for a few hours. There were 3 Disney managers watching the whole time. I thought they were great it wasted at least 20 mins for us.

Disney Rocks

How is Pooh keeping kids in line?

This Next-Gen queue thing makes me nervous about HM and Dumbo, as it could ADD to thr wait time.

I know they are trying to make waiting in line interesting, but it makes people actually getting on the attraction a nightmare, as they are trying to rope in Little Timmy from the playground/line.

Mansion Butler

And the biggest problem is that there are no ropes anywhere, which means the CM at the merge point has to physically hold back the furious standby line to let fastpass in, and vice versa. Not to mention that when the park closes, there's no way to close off the line, so guests will wander in while we're trying to shut down the ride.
As a CM, this is the part that got to me.

What?! I. . . they're going to change that, right?

muse1983

Interesting if true. I would've been more surprised if they hadn't removed them. They were a lawsuit (or a hundred) waiting to happen.

:ROFLOL:Yeah I remember seeing a video of one of the Imagineers jumping on one of the platforms and thinking...this is a really bad idea. Kids would sprain their ankle daily on those.

NewfieFan

Look at all those happy children playing! And not a sprained ankle or broken leg in sight.

The ground looks pretty soft to me... it looks to be that same rubber-type flooring/ground that was in the original Pooh's Playful Spot. You wouldn't believe the kids that I would see trip and fall in there and every single one of them would get right back up and keep on running (no tears to be found).

I don't see how the kids would hurt themselves that bad here either... even with the bouncy pads!?! But what do I know!?! :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom