Plausible PI rumor

Missing20K

I don't disagree, it just does not belong in a "mixed use" area. It's not complicated.

Not trying to get involved in any arguments, but it seems like it only became "mixed use" when they removed the gates. Before only those of age and with admission were able to be in the area, so it really only had one "use" at the time, namely a club/bar/restaurant destination exclusively for adults.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: One extra thought, as far as CEO's go, seems like Eisner, for all his faults, truly loved the Disney brand and the parks. Sure he made poor decisions, who among us hasn't, but I can't say I ever questioned his passion for the product.

jt04

Families shouldn't be in DTD between 10pm and 2am anyway. The kiddos should be back at the hotel sleeping:shrug:

The days of anything being open after midnight are probably over except for the odd theme park schedule. I can't wait for the day that people say about DTD, "oh, now I get it!"

Of course no matter how well it does in the future some will never admit it was a good choice to go "family".

WDW1974

There were executives who warned against the PI concept at Disney from day 1. They were right. It made money for awhile but it soon degenerated into a very un-Disney atmosphere. Completely predictable. Talk about a poor business model and decision. But you know Eisner always had an under current of contempt for Disney and the Disney vision as many in Hollywood do.

Roy Disney knew it as did other influential people. Roy Disney and Bob Iger both know what makes Eisner tick.

I've got my unblinking eye on SJ. :lookaroun

Your ignorance is showing yet again. Are you serious or are you just trolling for responses?

I'm not even going to engage in a back and forth with you on the merits of PI. The bottom line is it was very, very profitable until Disney decided to kill it

Michael Eisner had no contempt for Disney and the Disney vision. He loved it. Did you ever listen to the man? Did you ever speak to him? Do you know anyone in the business? Did you ever walk around a park with him? I did ...

And Roy was a huge ME fan until he became irrelevant and he wanted more money and power. He never complained about Eisner's leadership until it hit him in the bank account.

And now you mindlessly praise Iger when he was handpicked by Eisner for the job? And when he has far less of a passion/interest for the very parks you claim to be a fan of?

Seriously, you're clueless. Just spouting off mindlessly ...

SirGoofy

Not trying to get involved in any arguments, but it seems like it only became "mixed use" when they removed the gates. Before only those of age and with admission were able to be in the area, so it really only had one "use" at the time, namely a club/bar/restaurant destination exclusively for adults.

Just my thoughts.

That's exactly right. PI could have thrived if there was marketing thrown its way, and if the gates were never taken down.

EDIT: One extra thought, as far as CEO's go, seems like Eisner, for all his faults, truly loved the Disney brand and the parks. Sure he made poor decisions, who among us hasn't, but I can't say I ever questioned his passion for the product.

It's true. He stayed a little longer than he should have, but for the most part he did a lot of good for WDC.

But of course some people around here believe everything the company does now is terrific, so yea.

SirGoofy

And now you mindlessly praise Iger when he was handpicked by Eisner for the job? And when he has far less of a passion/interest for the very parks you claim to be a fan of?

Completely agree. Iger couldn't give two spits about the parks. I saw him during one of his visits to the MK, and he looked like he was being tortured being dragged through the parks.

jt04

Just my thoughts.

He did have passion for the job. But he also made poor choices. I am sure some of it was to impress the obviously anti-disney folks in tinsel town. Funny how the tide is turning however.

Missing20K

There were executives who warned against the PI concept at Disney from day 1. They were right. It made money for awhile but it soon degenerated into a very un-Disney atmosphere. Completely predictable. Talk about a poor business model and decision. But you know Eisner always had an under current of contempt for Disney and the Disney vision as many in Hollywood do.

Roy Disney knew it as did other influential people. Roy Disney and Bob Iger both know what makes Eisner tick.

I've got my unblinking eye on SJ. :lookaroun

He did have passion for the job. But he also made poor choices. I am sure some of it was to impress the obviously anti-disney folks in tinsel town. Funny how the tide is turning however.

I'm confused. Did he have an under current of contempt for Disney and the Disney vision?

OR

Did he have passion for the job?

He could not have had both.

jt04

Your ignorance is showing yet again. Are you serious or are you just trolling for responses?

I'm not even going to engage in a back and forth with you on the merits of PI. The bottom line is it was very, very profitable until Disney decided to kill it

Michael Eisner had no contempt for Disney and the Disney vision. He loved it. Did you ever listen to the man? Did you ever speak to him? Do you know anyone in the business? Did you ever walk around a park with him? I did ...

And Roy was a huge ME fan until he became irrelevant and he wanted more money and power. He never complained about Eisner's leadership until it hit him in the bank account.

Seriously, you're clueless. Just spouting off mindlessly ...

Yes I have talked to Eisner one on one. And I guarantee he remembers it.

Eisner was good at using peoples talents. That is not necessarily a criticism. But throwing those people away after using them is. Iger, Lucas, Speilberg, and Roy and others just quit falling for it.

Looks like Iger is doing a little something in DCA or am I imagining that?

Roy Disney is a real man even when that has become a rare and dangerous thing to be.

jt04

Because the park as failing horribly.

What is he doing for WDW?

Ah yes, the instant gratfication drive thru window need it yesterday microwaveable instant everything generation. Yep, Walt was always rushing new things into the parks without proper planning.

Oh yeah, that is how DCA v. 1 was implemented.:eek:

Missing20K

They are hardly mutually exclusive.

Well if using the common connotation for "passion" as being a positive trait, and using common connotation for "contempt" as being a negative trait, yes I would say they are mutually exclusive.

If you want to say he was passionately contempt, then I suppose I have no argument but under most common usage, it would be near impossible to have contempt for something at the same time as having passion for it.

EDIT: I'm not here to debate semantics, thought apparently I am. You think Iger is a better CEO than Eisner was, I disagree, I'll leave it at that.

SirGoofy

Ah yes, the instant gratfication drive thru window need it yesterday microwaveable instant everything generation. Yep, Walt was always rushing new things into the parks without proper planning.

You're right. MK is only falling apart at the seams. But we should wait patiently like the good little puppies we are.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom