Plausible PI rumor

SoccerMickey

Technically, The Adventurers Club is not closed because it is still being used for private events. I am currently in New England on vacation and I was talking to a Disney Store cast member who told me that he called Disney a couple of weeks ago to book his wedding at the Adventurers Club in 2010. The woman said that they are not booking that far in advance yet but that does not mean we won't be taking reservations in the future for that time. (sounds promising).
And if anyone has read Dave Smith's Q&A section of the D23 website (and no I am not a member) someone asked what they did with the props and he said that some will come to the archives and others will return to Imagineering for future use.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Amen! Sorry, but this stuff doesn't belong in news OR rumors.. it's neither. and once again.. even if my opinion ISN'T popular with the Kungaloosh crowd.. I am still entitled to it.

Stop crapping on my thread. :fork::fork:

It was a rumor that I heard, that is why I'm posting it under the RUMORS section of the board. The A/C and PI are NOT dead because both are open still and intact.

Scooter

Technically, The Adventurers Club is not closed because it is still being used for private events. .

So technically, The Tangaroa Terrace, in the Polynesian Resort, which closed in 1991, is not really closed because it is used for private events...

...and The Odyssey Restaurant located between Future World and World Showcase is not really closed because it is used for meetings and private functions.

Cool...I can't wait to eat at these places again soon.:p:lol:

WDW1974

Look at his posting history regarding this issue. If it irritates him THAT much, you would think that he would avoid ALL PI threads regardless of content.

It doesn't irritate me at all.

Amuses me. Makes me laugh, perhaps.

Look, I loved PI ... the whole entire place. Not simply the AC, which was inspired if growing tired by the time of its death.

I appreciate the fact that people are so passionate about it.

I wish they were as passionate about other aspects of WDW they can actually still do something about.

But no ... it doesn't irritate me ... very, very little of what I read here (or any Disney site) irritates me.

I enjoy the banter. Give me something to do when I am supposed to be working ... or (like now) sleeping!

~Oh ... I have an irritation on my ... ~

WDW1974

So technically, The Tangaroa Terrace, in the Polynesian Resort, which closed in 1991, is not really closed because it is used for private events...

...and The Odyssey Restaurant located between Future World and World Showcase is not really closed because it is used for meetings and private functions.

Very good comeback.

I'm impressed.

And I don't impress easily.

The best steak I ever had in the 1970s (may have been early 80s) was at Tangaroa ... I do hope you are right that it isn't dead.

Oh, but your date is off ... it was open into the mid-90s (likely closed in the 94-96 timeframe).

~Swan Boats aren't dead either ... dock's still there!~

asianway

WDW held a private event in River Country in May 07 as part of the Pirate 3 opening. While it hasnt improved with age, that is fairly recent.

SoccerMickey

My original post was said tongue in cheek. The fact that the Adventurers Club is not technically closed was said to me by a Guest Relations manager when I went to go renew my Tables In Wonderland Card. It was everything I could do to not laugh in his face.

Also, I am drawing a blank on which restaurant was the Tangaroa Terrace. I remember the name, but I can't place where it was. I remember where Moana Mickey's Fun Hut was, which is now basically always empty but I can't place where that was.

Chape19714

A little advice from me, don't believe CM'S I have found 99% of them to be full of you know what. The only people I would believe anymore are upper management I don't think the average CM has any clue what the real plans for anything ate until it is announced.

I have been doopedamd given false or inaccurate info by CM more times than not.

Examples:
Last year we went on the 7 hour tour and one told me you could still rent out River Country for a corprate event. Go look at the current state of RC and you'll see it's not true.

One told me that there would be a Dr. Doom style ride on top of The Bay Lake Tower.

A popular one seems to be a roller coaster replacing SSE.

A retheme of the TL speedway to make it based on Cars.

Do you see a pattern developing?

Speak for yourself, but just because CM's don't tell you exactly the truth, doesn't mean they don't know. Some don't, but many do.

-Don't assume about River Country, although you can no longer rent the pools, the Pavilion and Restaurant can be booked for Private Functions. ABC held one there not too long ago.

-A Coaster replacing SSE was in the works for quite a while as part of Project Gemini. It was to be called Time Racers. Search the threads, you'll come up with something.

-TL speedway to cars isn't that far off of a rumor. It may not happen, but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely as being bogas. It's just forward thinking by a CM.

And as someone who is friends with lots of CMs, I wouldn't say 99% are full of "you know what", that's kinda offensive. Some are, but not the majority.

SoccerMickey

And as someone who is friends with lots of CMs, I wouldn't say 99% are full of "you know what", that's kinda offensive. Some are, but not the majority.

A DVC CM told me a few weeks ago that the Mediterranean Hotel IS coming and he even showed me where. (The old STOLPort area). He even said that its going to make the Grand Floridian look like a Motel 6. Im calling 407 W DISNEY NOW!!!

jmvd20

A DVC CM told me a few weeks ago that the Mediterranean Hotel IS coming and he even showed me where. (The old STOLPort area). He even said that its going to make the Grand Floridian look like a Motel 6. Im calling 407 W DISNEY NOW!!!

Next time you see this CM can you ask them if the Grand Floridian will still leave the lights on for us?

Chape19714

Hense why I said, "some are, but not the majority."

Figment632

Speak for yourself, but just because CM's don't tell you exactly the truth, doesn't mean they don't know. Some don't, but many do.

-Don't assume about River Country, although you can no longer rent the pools, the Pavilion and Restaurant can be booked for Private Functions. ABC held one there not too long ago.

-A Coaster replacing SSE was in the works for quite a while as part of Project Gemini. It was to be called Time Racers. Search the threads, you'll come up with something.

-TL speedway to cars isn't that far off of a rumor. It may not happen, but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely as being bogas. It's just forward thinking by a CM.

Thanks I know about project Gemini and none of this would be a problem except that I was told all of this last year!

Chape19714

Thanks I know about project Gemini and none of this would be a problem except that I was told all of this last year!
"And you know we never throw anything away at Imagineering, ideas never die so to speak." - Jason Surell, WDI.

CMs often give information to spark interest. I'm not saying they're always right, but I am saying you should re-think you 99% are wrong statement, because it's simply not true.

Mr.EPCOT

The best steak I ever had in the 1970s (may have been early 80s) was at Tangaroa ... I do hope you are right that it isn't dead.

Oh, but your date is off ... it was open into the mid-90s (likely closed in the 94-96 timeframe).

If I remember right, it closed sometime in the first half of the 90s, and then it reopened while Papeete Bay Verandah was being converted into 'Ohana.

I loved that restaurant, I remember having Tonga Toast at the character breakfast there.

Also, I am drawing a blank on which restaurant was the Tangaroa Terrace. I remember the name, but I can't place where it was. I remember where Moana Mickey's Fun Hut was, which is now basically always empty but I can't place where that was.

It was right next to Moana Mickey's Fun Hut. In fact there is still a sign there.

Figment632

"And you know we never throw anything away at Imagineering, ideas never die so to speak." - Jason Surell, WDI.

CMs often give information to spark interest. I'm not saying they're always right, but I am saying you should re-think you 99% are wrong statement, because it's simply not true.

My point is they shouldnt be telling people stuff like this, I knew everything they were telling me was false but it is very misleading. Even if there were plans in the past they will never put a coaster inside SSE.

SoccerMickey

My point is they shouldnt be telling people stuff like this, I knew everything they were telling me was false but it is very misleading. Even if there were plans in the past they will never put a coaster inside SSE.

I agree but this kind of info has been around since WDW opened. The only difference is we have the internet and a lot of higher ups that like to leak information that we can prove or disprove this kind of interaction.

Mr.EPCOT

So was Tagaroa Terrace the food part and Moana Mickey's was the arcade? I just thought the food and arcade were Moana Mickey's.

Yeah, it was all the same building. Now, there were two seperate food components to the building. One was Tangaroa Terrace, a whole full-service restaurant in the section of the building to the left as you face it from within the Resort grounds, and there was also Snack Isle, a counter service area between Tangaroa Terrace and the arcade. It's been closed for many years now, but it was just open a couple of years ago while Captain Cook's was closed for overhaul. Around the parking lot side of the building is Never Land Club (the supervised children's dinner show), and the Guest laundry facility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom