Plausible PI rumor

NMBC1993

Ah yes, the instant gratfication drive thru window need it yesterday microwaveable instant everything generation. Yep, Walt was always rushing new things into the parks without proper planning.

Oh yeah, that is how DCA v. 1 was implemented.:eek:

Yeah well they sure are taking their time on that. Nothing planned for a awhile sure is bringing ppl into the parks when they can go to Harry Potter world for much less money insted

WDW1974

Yes I have talked to Eisner one on one. And I guarantee he remembers it.

Oh, so you were one of the fanbois yelling profanity at him at one of his last shareholder meeting.

Eisner was good at using peoples talents. That is not necessarily a criticism. But throwing those people away after using them is. Iger, Lucas, Speilberg, and Roy and others just quit falling for it.

Please. The same thing can be said of any powerbroker in Hollywood. That old dead dude Walt didn't have the best people skills either, and he was great at taking the praise for their work.

Everyone you list above, with the possible exception of Roy, have huge egos themselves. And I don't fault Eisner because those relationships weren't good ones at the end.

Looks like Iger is doing a little something in DCA or am I imagining that?

My response is simply, SO? What's the point? DCA has been troubled since its conception. Do you believe he is spending billions in Anaheim because he wants to? Because he thinks things like the Red Car, World of Color, Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers are gonna be really kewl and he can't wait to take Willow and the kids down to Anaheim?

You do realize he was the No. 2 exec at the company throughout DCA's development and construction and opening, right?

He was no innocent bystander.

Roy Disney is a real man even when that has become a rare and dangerous thing to be.

I agree with that largely, but I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him more than once. He is a real person ... and he comes off that way ... he also very intelligent and passionate about Disney. But he also is highly motivated by his own bottom line, again why it took him until 2003 to suddenly have issues with Eisner.

CaptainMichael

So then I guess we should give JK all the credit for his amazing string of animation classics and not Eisner who just happened to be the CEO.

It is my opinion, and it's shared with others, that Bob Iger has to dragged kicking and screaming to do anything regarding the theme parks. Lassetter being in large position of power (thanks to Iger giving everything but the farm to Steve Jobs) and a huge Disneyland Fanboi is behind DCA.

NMBC1993

Well the way I look at it shouldn't WDW get more attention anyway because according to Disney "Tourists go to WDW for the first time out of all the Disney parks, Disneyland is more for AP holders and locals". That’s why we're not getting HMH after all:lookaroun

jt04

You're right. MK is only falling apart at the seams. But we should wait patiently like the good little puppies we are.:rolleyes:

If it is falling apart it is from popularity and overuse. Too many guests even in a deep recession. Yes, patience is a virtue to be nurtured. I learned that watching Kung Fu. Or was it Happy Days?

~aaaayyyyyyy~:cool:

SirGoofy

If it is falling apart it is from popularity and overuse. Too many guests even in a deep recession. Yes, patience is a virtue to be nurtured. I learned that watching Kung Fu. Or was it Happy Days?

Except its been falling apart for a long time prior to this deep recession.:shrug:

WDW1974

Ah yes, the instant gratfication drive thru window need it yesterday microwaveable instant everything generation. Yep, Walt was always rushing new things into the parks without proper planning.

Yeah ... Walt would likely be very approving of going 17 years and counting without a major new addition at MK ... or with shuttering facilities with no replacements ... gotta wait for the right time ... maybe in 2021 Disney will surprise us.

Oh yeah, that is how DCA v. 1 was implemented.:eek:

DCA was very flawed, but it wasn't rushed through by any stretch.

Missing20K

~aaaayyyyyyy~:cool:

It has nothing to do with a lack of maintenance?

Yeah ... Walt would likely be very approving of going 17 years and counting without a major new addition at MK ... or with shuttering facilities with no replacements ... gotta wait for the right time ... maybe in 2021 Disney will surprise us.

DCA was very flawed, but it wasn't rushed through by any stretch.

I can't think even Eisner, let alone Walt, would have put up with the current state of WDW.

jt04

Oh, so you were one of the fanbois yelling profanity at him at one of his last shareholder meeting.

Your ridiculous. :ROFLOL:
I actually talked to him at my request, noone else was there. And that is all I am saying. Informative conversation and that is all I am saying :zipit:

Please. The same thing can be said of any powerbroker in Hollywood. That old dead dude Walt didn't have the best people skills either, and he was great at taking the praise for their work.

Everyone you list above, with the possible exception of Roy, have huge egos themselves. And I don't fault Eisner because those relationships weren't good ones at the end.

My response is simply, SO? What's the point? DCA has been troubled since its conception. Do you believe he is spending billions in Anaheim because he wants to? Because he thinks things like the Red Car, World of Color, Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers are gonna be really kewl and he can't wait to take Willow and the kids down to Anaheim?

You do realize he was the No. 2 exec at the company throughout DCA's development and construction and opening, right?

He was no innocent bystander.

I agree with that largely, but I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him more than once. He is a real person ... and he comes off that way ... he also very intelligent and passionate about Disney. But he also is highly motivated by his own bottom line, again why it took him until 2003 to suddenly have issues with Eisner.

Hey we agree on something!

Lee

Adventurer
If it is falling apart it is from popularity and overuse.
Nah...that's no excuse.
If that were the case, Tokyo Disneyland would be a pile of rubble by now.
The state of the MK has everything to do with reducing costs and growing the bottom line, even at the expense of the guest experience.

Remember when they replaced light bulbs before they had a chance to burn out? Haven't seen that lately.

WDW1974

Well if using the common connotation for "passion" as being a positive trait, and using common connotation for "contempt" as being a negative trait, yes I would say they are mutually exclusive.

If you want to say he was passionately contempt, then I suppose I have no argument but under most common usage, it would be near impossible to have contempt for something at the same time as having passion for it.

EDIT: I'm not here to debate semantics, thought apparently I am. You think Iger is a better CEO than Eisner was, I disagree, I'll leave it at that.

The poster in question likes to speak out of both sides of his mouth ... have his cake and eat them cookies too.

And I agree with you, I do believe Eisner was a better CEO than Iger has shown to be, even if his last years were much more misses than hits.

SirGoofy

The poster in question likes to speak out of both sides of his mouth ... have his cake and eat them cookies too.

And I agree with you, I do believe Eisner was a better CEO than Iger has shown to be, even if his last years were much more misses than hits.

Agreed. In all honesty, I can't think of one thing Iger has done so far that I give a resounding thumbs up to.

teebin

This thread is worthless. No facts. Just "I talked with this important person and that important person". Well goody for you. Are you best friends with these people? Are you an executive in a major corporation? Do you talk with these important execs within the Disney Company on a daily basis? I doubt it.

Regardless, you have NO IDEA what they really thought. They are stock corps. They told you what they thought you should hear, not neccesarily the truth; although at times it might have been just that. But you don't know THAT. You know LITTLE.

Anyone have a photo or document scan of something TRUE and PROVABLE?

jt04

I'm right here, maybe you can be more specific and I'll clarify. I do like baked goods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom