Plausible PI rumor

WDW1974

Nah...that's no excuse.
If that were the case, Tokyo Disneyland would be a pile of rubble by now.
The state of the MK has everything to do with reducing costs and growing the bottom line, even at the expense of the guest experience.

Remember when they replaced light bulbs before they had a chance to burn out? Haven't seen that lately.

Great points, Lee.

But it isn't simply TDL ... DL, DLP and HKDL blow MK out of the water in terms of the basics. Yet MK is 'supposedly' the No. 1 park ine the world.

I'm just glad the lightbulbs on Main Street in Florida aren't like they were in the 2002-2004 period ... that was totally embarrassing, especially when you're entertaining guests there and they say 'I thought you said this place was spotless ... and why are there so many dead lightbulbs?'

SirGoofy

This thread is worthless. No facts. Just "I talked with this important person and that important person". Well goody for you. Are you best friends with these people? Are you an executive in a major corporation? Do you talk with these important execs within the Disney Company on a daily basis? I doubt it.

This post is worthless. This is a discussion boards, and we're having a discussion.

CaptainMichael

Overpriced, low quality food and merchandise, shuttered buildings, attractions, and poorly maintained grounds. :ROFLOL:

(I'm only half kidding, btw, just hoping to inject a bit of humor.)

Ah yes.;)

Silly me, I used to think that was stuff like the Adventuers Club, cutting edge attractions, and Fantasmic. Also, I remember when words like "magic", "pixie dust", etc had a deeper meaning than a marketing tactic.

jt04

This thread is worthless. No facts. Just "I talked with this important person and that important person". Well goody for you. Are you best friends with these people? Are you an executive in a major corporation? Do you talk with these important execs within the Disney Company on a daily basis? I doubt it.

Regardless, you have NO IDEA what they really thought. They are stock corps. They told you what they thought you should hear, not neccesarily the truth; although at times it might have been just that. But you don't know THAT. You know LITTLE.

Anyone have a photo or document scan of something TRUE and PROVABLE?

If you are talking to me I was giving information not getting it.

As for others who have mentioned talks with ME and RD, well he will have to speak for himself.

Missing20K

I take it you work for maintenance.

I was at the MK last month. It's sparkly!

I don't work for maintenance, and I am not sure what point you are trying to make here. That for some reason because I pointed out that regular maintenance seems to be an issue based on my last visit, I must work for the maintenance department? :shrug:

Is working for maintenance a bad thing? Should Disney maintenance workers be ashamed of their occupation?

Seriously not trying to argue, I just am completely lost as to your point, other than you found the MK to be sparkly on your last visit.

jt04

I don't work for maintenance, and I am not sure what point you are trying to make here. That for some reason because I pointed out that regular maintenance seems to be an issue based on my last visit, I must work for the maintenance department? :shrug:

Is working for maintenance a bad thing? Should Disney maintenance workers be ashamed of their occupation?

Seriously not trying to argue, I just am completely lost as to your point, other than you found the MK to be sparkly on your last visit.

It was a compliment but since you don't work for maintenance I take it back.

Good job maintenance. World Showcase is sparkly too! :wave:

WDW1974

Agreed. In all honesty, I can't think of one thing Iger has done so far that I give a resounding thumbs up to.

I can ...

Buying Pixar was a no-brainer, but imagine where Disney would be without it. Forget the fact every film they touch is pure gold both creatively and financially ... but you also got all the talent from Emeryville.

I think expanding the DCL was very smart, although again a no-brainer.

Mending fences with Lucas was also smart and will SOMEDAY result in Star Tours 2.0 installed at four resorts worldwide.

Wrapping up talents like Depp, as well as streamlining the Studios was smart.

Even expansion in China is smart.

But nothing is visionary ... nothing I've seen says 'things that fanbois wouldn't do if they could pull the trigger' ...

He's playing everything safe really ... and safe is something that Walt and Roy ... and later Card and Ron (albeit briefly) to Michael and Frank didn't do. It's a very dangerous strategy for a Dream Factory.

Missing20K

It was a compliment but since you don't work for maintenance I take it back.

Good job maintenance. World Showcase is sparkly too! :wave:

Fair enough. I really was just confused as to the comment. But darn, if I did work for maintenance, I would have gotten a compliment today! And I would have not scraped up a single piece of ABC gum off the concrete.

jt04

Fair enough. I really was just confused as to the comment. But darn, if I did work for maintenance, I would have gotten a compliment today! And I would have not scraped up a single piece of ABC gum off the concrete.

Ah, you must work at Flatirons.

SirGoofy

I can ...

Buying Pixar was a no-brainer, but imagine where Disney would be without it. Forget the fact every film they touch is pure gold both creatively and financially ... but you also got all the talent from Emeryville.

I think expanding the DCL was very smart, although again a no-brainer.

Mending fences with Lucas was also smart and will SOMEDAY result in Star Tours 2.0 installed at four resorts worldwide.

Wrapping up talents like Depp, as well as streamlining the Studios was smart.

Even expansion in China is smart.

But nothing is visionary ... nothing I've seen says 'things that fanbois wouldn't do if they could pull the trigger' ...

He's playing everything safe really ... and safe is something that Walt and Roy ... and later Card and Ron (albeit briefly) to Michael and Frank didn't do. It's a very dangerous strategy for a Dream Factory.

I apologize. I forgot the Pixar acquisition was Iger's doing.

But personally everything else on that list was a no brainer that any CEO would have done.

jt04

I apologize. I forgot the Pixar acquisition was Iger's doing.

But personally everything else on that list was a no brainer that any CEO would have done.

Just because one would have does not mean one could have.

Yoda taught me that, or was it David Carradine.:cool:

Missing20K

FlatIrons Crossing. Never any gum on that floor, no sir. Cleaner than a Disney pressure washed street.

Did I say "well Flatirons Crossing has clean grounds so Disney should"?

No, you looked at my location, threw out a mall nearby, and somehow correlated a mall's maintenance issues (of which I have no responsibility over) with Disney's maintenance issues.

Besides, what does a mall in Superior, Colorado have anything to do with WDW? Are you trying to take a shot at Flatirons Crossing, or me? Should I be offended that a mall in my area has gum on the ground? What in the world are you talking about? I do not do maintenance work of any kind (other than my own life's needed maintenance) and can't understand what point you are trying to make by bringing up a mall's cleanliness in comparison to Disney's.

Why in the world did you need to bring up the condition of a mall? Because a mall has gum on the ground, it's ok that Disney does? I thought Disney was held to a higher standard.

You are losing so much ground in terms of having a healthy debate about WDW I can't even begin to describe.

Discovery One's mall is such a dirty place.

EDIT: Just a quick addition to my thoughts. jt04, you seriously want to compare WDW and a mall in any regard? The number one vacation resort destination in the world, and a local mall? Wow.

jt04

Did I say "well Flatirons Crossing has clean grounds so Disney should"?

No, you looked at my location, threw out a mall nearby, and somehow correlated a mall's maintenance issues (of which I have no responsibility over) with Disney's maintenance issues.

Besides, what does a mall in Superior, Colorado have anything to do with WDW? Are you trying to take a shot at Flatirons Crossing, or me? Should I be offended that a mall in my area has gum on the ground? What in the world are you talking about? I do not do maintenance work of any kind (other than my own life's needed maintenance) and can't understand what point you are trying to make by bringing up a mall's cleanliness in comparison to Disney's.

Why in the world did you need to bring up the condition of a mall? Because a mall has gum on the ground, it's ok that Disney does? I thought Disney was held to a higher standard.

You are losing so much ground in terms of having a healthy debate about WDW I can't even begin to describe.

Discovery One's mall is such a dirty place.
:ROFLOL:

Dude, I was making a joke. I've spent time there and remember thinking it was cleaner than a Disney park.

~take deeeep breaths~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom