PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Cmdr_Crimson

No doubt. Might take some time though. A large crack in the character's neck makes me think someone wasn't very gentle removing the props, Despite that, I think someone has plans to keep them, otherwise they'd be in a dumpster.

That's fabric..They were part of the Buzz Lightyear Float from the 95-96 Toy Story Parade and the LGM's Head's Moved (Go to the 5:18 mark to see what they did)

Chris82

A pizza planet in Andy's backyard wouldn't make any sense.

He could have a Fisher-Price(R) Pizza Planet Playset :D

Kinda like this McDonald's one...
upload_2016-3-1_13-50-24.jpeg

Brer Panther

That's fabric..They were part of the Buzz Lightyear Float from the 95-96 Toy Story Parade and the LGM's Head's Moved (Go to the 5:18 mark to see what they did)

Now that I think about it, they could have just stuck them somewhere in the Buzz spinner ride thing they're building. Would've been cheaper than building aliens from scratch.

DisDan

Last edited:

Wegerter

I think that this suggests that Mama Melrose and other things in the area will be rethemed after Pizza Planet because the whole area is now going to rebranded to the muppets. It wouldn't make sense to have areas that are are still themed to New York in that area

doctornick

Does anyone know the current status of the Muppet Mobile Lab? Is it in Hong Kong still?

Of course, even if it is being used in another park, no reason they couldn't build a new one for DHS. It would certainly be a simple/quick addition that can help to beef up DHS once they have the additional park closures.

tissandtully

I wonder if that means they will be refurbing Muppet Vision or adding more Muppet Attractions to the area. Or just a retheme of Pizza Planet and some outside theming in the area. Hopefully changes (for the better) are coming to Muppet Vision, it is so dated at this point.

I know the film is really old, but for it's age it still holds up really well. Actually one of the few legacy attractions that I'd be fine with leaving the same. The digital projection is great and most of the effects in the theater work just fine after last year's refurb. I also think that since it was Jim Henson's last film, it would be nice to keep it.

note2001

I wonder if that means they will be refurbing Muppet Vision or adding more Muppet Attractions to the area. Or just a retheme of Pizza Planet and some outside theming in the area. Hopefully changes (for the better) are coming to Muppet Vision, it is so dated at this point.
Totally agree.
They could easily keep a few nods to the work Jim Henson had done himself in the film while rewriting the entire show. While I adore the muppets, How many times do we need to see Ms Piggy singing? :grumpy:

JohnByers

Updating is def needed. As it stands I am the only one in my family that still sits thru this attraction as I enjoy it since it reminds me of my childhood. I still hope they don't tear all of the street scene down as its some of my fav of all the parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know the film is really old, but for it's age it still holds up really well. Actually one of the few legacy attractions that I'd be fine with leaving the same. The digital projection is great and most of the effects in the theater work just fine after last year's refurb. I also think that since it was Jim Henson's last film, it would be nice to keep it.
Indeed. Like other attractions of its time, it works with or without the IP. The IP is just icing on the cake. It's a classic comedy attraction with a little of everything. You don't need to know what a Muppet is to enjoy it.

Donaldfan1934

One important question I have is how are they going to transition SWL from the Muppets Courtyard. Whether you think that it will be near Echo Lake (which I do) or on the ashes of the SOA, it's something that they're going to have to make work somehow.

carriehpotter

I agree 100%. Some attractions need updating to keep things fresh, but this attraction stands on its own, still produces lots of laughs (that I've heard), and is really one of the most well-done 3D attractions I've seen. Jim Henson's legacy must live on!

PinnySmart

I think all that this means is that that area had to be called something and now that all of the other attractions in the area and streets of America will be gone and Muppets is the only thing left it only makes since to call it Muppets Courtyard. I wouldn't read to much into it just yet. I don't think that this cements Muppets into the future of DHS. I think it is just a name to print on the map.

JohnWD

But the queue show! It drives me crazy!!! I stand outside until my kids text me that the doors to the theater are opening. I wish they would change it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom