PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

roj2323

With pictures? No. But construction is happening. You can actually hear the crew at work during park operating hours. I think they might actually be starting with the bathroom section first, though.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them remodeling the restrooms first. Muppets, as the restroom is called, is worn out and in desperate need of a remodel. In particular the floors and fixtures need to be replaced. You can bet that once the restrooms are done being remodeled in probably the next month (unless they are doing something with theming in them) they will reopen as they are no other restrooms in the muppets area besides mama's.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, but I was under the impression that Disney hires contract companies which contain a variety of skill sets to do the work, not individuals directly. Of course they wouldn't hire a company that builds restaurants to install a roller coaster, but I see no problem with one contractor having the people for plumbing and drywall.

This project is being done by Barton Malow a bit general contracting company. They are going to sub the actual work out to other contractors.

matt9112

I will say, the new panini/soup combo they recently added to Studio Catering was borderline good. I hope it moves elsewhere because Commissary and Backlot Express serve Fancy Feast. We usually eat our meal at our resort to avoid DHS counter service, which is ironic since the park has some of my favorite sit downs.

The club was inedible

olie64

I'm trying to be patience but as anyone been around to see if there are any visual signs of change to the old pizza planet.

baloofigment14

Saw this picture on Twitter posted by @jeremiahgood. :(
CcaCIerUEAAddQz.jpg:large

Princess Kaylee

It hasn't come up in a while but I heard rumbles from very different areas about Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose (and possibly the Christmas shop as well) closing after the holidays/early 2016.

I haven’t heard any plans for Muppets, but everyone seems fairly confident it will be open as it is now for the foreseeable future. It just might be even more lonely in that corner of the park if there is any validity to this.

I hope they take down Muppet Vision and make it into something better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom