PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

note2001

This is the most exciting point in the development process: when we have a good inkling of what is happening, we see changes in progress, but nothing confirmed verbally or with concept drawings. My imagination is all over the place.

Rodan75

The writing is on the wall.

LOL...I know. But the signs are facing the Muppet building, so they could be themed based on where they are, not what Pizza Planet is becoming.

It feels that normally by now, someone has enough multi-confirmed inside sources to share some additional insight. I'm more curious about this little project than I thought I would be.

Mike S

LOL...I know. But the signs are facing the Muppet building, so they could be themed based on where they are, not what Pizza Planet is becoming.

It feels that normally by now, someone has enough multi-confirmed inside sources to share some additional insight. I'm more curious about this little project than I thought I would be.
My guess is probably as close to anyone else's here. It seems Disney really went out of their way on this. It could've easily been their generic construction wall. The last times I saw something so specific at Disney was NFL phase 1, TT 2.0, and SDMT. Similar themed walls can be found at Uni for Kong, Fallon, and F&F right now. Seems to be the new "it" thing to do. It's a very good assumption imo to say this will be Muppets themed. Could be one of those other small things to better the park besides TSL and SWL.

Goofyque'

Just imagine a basic quick service place with muppet decorations. The final product will likely be just that- although it gives us the option to be surprised. So set expectations accordingly to prevent disappointment.
Disappointment is all the rage since the internet. I continue to be excited by the changes, and, in an unpopular move, continue to enjoy the parks, and all they have to offer. It isn't that Disney can do no wrong, it is just that they continue to do so much right.

Bolt

With pictures? No. But construction is happening. You can actually hear the crew at work during park operating hours. I think they might actually be starting with the bathroom section first, though.
Yeah - I assume that's two totally separate contractors.

nor'easter

I agree with you on this, Yes Disney can do wrong, but it also the only place in the world that I will literally seek out other positions to pay for a trip there every year. Take in my my wife and I are both teachers. I also have not been disappointed, as stated before, TSL and SWL are the other lands I will have watched with interest from start to finish, so i could be come disappointed but you can bet you money I will continue to go.

I hope you don't teach English!

note2001

I just assumed a plumber doesn't put up dry wall, could be mistaken.
Yes, but I was under the impression that Disney hires contract companies which contain a variety of skill sets to do the work, not individuals directly. Of course they wouldn't hire a company that builds restaurants to install a roller coaster, but I see no problem with one contractor having the people for plumbing and drywall.

Bolt

Yes, but I was under the impression that Disney hires contract companies which contain a variety of skill sets to do the work, not individuals directly. Of course they wouldn't hire a company that builds restaurants to install a roller coaster, but I see no problem with one contractor having the people for plumbing and drywall.
Okay. Didn't mean this to be a debate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom