PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Donaldfan1934

The only problem that presents itself when you release specifics to early is you leave yourself very little wiggle room in the grand scheme and things like budget cuts or other issues get magnified when they do not deliver on details that were originally planned. It creates unnecessary animosity with fans when/if expectations are not met
True, they shouldnt give us every little detail for that reason, but can't they just tell us what is going in their with a non-description piece of concept art? Like why can't they show us the outside of what the PP restaurant will be? I'm sure that its not a huge change to the physical structure of it, so we're at low risk of seeing something that will be cut.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
True, they shouldnt give us every little detail for that reason, but can't they just tell us what is going in their with a non-description piece of concept art? Like why can't they show us the outside of what the PP restaurant will be? I'm sure that its not a huge change to the physical structure of it, so we're at low risk of seeing something that will be cut.

I think it all comes down to Marketing. They release information when they feel it is most advantageous from a over all marketing perspective.

Donaldfan1934

I think it all comes down to Marketing. They release information when they feel it is most advantageous from a over all marketing perspective.
I understand, its just that speculation can be interesting yet infuriating at the same time. Even if the announcement had no concept art, it would still be nice to have a confirmation if not a description.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
That's actually one of my favorite parts of Muppet*Vision. :p

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the Constantine overlays, but the original pre-show is a real thing of beauty. It has all the Muppet snark and yes, it moves at a slower pace than the usual Muppet level of frantic, but compared to the other 3D movie preshows it is far better.

Max (you know, Debbie was out sick) from the 3 D's singing "not the sun, but the moon" is a standard quote around here.

Although, just about everything from this attraction is a favorite of mine. I once did a photographic essay on the signage and entertainment in the outside (now unused) weave.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I understand, its just that speculation can be interesting yet infuriating at the same time. Even if the announcement had no concept art, it would still be nice to have a confirmation if not a description.

Only for people like us who frequent Disney message boards, 99.99% of the people visiting WDW don't follow the details of what is happening the parks day to day.

Donaldfan1934

Since we're on the topic of Pizza Planet, for some reason I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the giant Woody/Buzz and Potato Head weren't there anymore. When did they take that down?
They took them down slowly over the past 20 years of its existence. There was even a Slinky Dog at one point.

prfctlyximprct

Pizza Planet (or whatever it will be called when it's done) is scheduled to re-open November 7 2016. The permit for the entire Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose building runs until November of 2017, so it seams likely that Mama Melrose will follow.

Guess no Mama Melrose ADR for me! Thanks so much for your insight!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom