PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

captainmoch

I think all that this means is that that area had to be called something and now that all of the other attractions in the area and streets of America will be gone and Muppets is the only thing left it only makes since to call it Muppets Courtyard. I wouldn't read to much into it just yet. I don't think that this cements Muppets into the future of DHS. I think it is just a name to print on the map.
I agree, although I hope this is permanent and the Muppets stay with improvements. I really enjoy the original Muppet Vision film, so I wouldn't mind if it stayed, but I do think the show could use a new pre-show.

The Tuna

I have to say the new show is incredible. When i saw Rolphe behind the bar with the cone of shame on i lost it. some very funny writing on that show. Agree on the show holding up well but wouldn't mind if it was replaced or they could add some new scenes with new characters. tough to do given the age of the current show though. The thought of Jims last movie going away though would be sad. The man has a great legacy from his work so to lose it would suck.

Brian Swan

One important question I have is how are they going to transition SWL from the Muppets Courtyard. Whether you think that it will be near Echo Lake (which I do) or on the ashes of the SOA, it's something that they're going to have to make work somehow.
I'm thinking that when everything is finished Muppet's Courtyard will be just that - a self-contained mini-land that doesn't "connect" to any of the other major lands. As I am "guessing" the entrance to SWL will be somewhere near where the current Backlot Express is located, there will be plenty of space between the two lands. The "transition" past ST and Tatooine Traders and the Muppet portion of SoA is already kind of anachronistic; don't know if they are planning a rework of that area or not...

OvertheHorizon

But the queue show! It drives me crazy!!! I stand outside until my kids text me that the doors to the theater are opening. I wish they would change it.

I completely agree, with the exception being that I don't have kids to text me when the doors are opening. :) You're lucky! I understand the need for a pre-show. They ought to be able to run loops from the many hours of the Muppet TV show. The material could be completely random so that the likelihood of seeing the same pre-show stuff twice would be minimized.

Brian Swan

So, I'm really intrigued by how Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose will end up. Have we had any leaks as to what the theme will be (beyond presumably "Muppets")?
One "rumor" that I read - probably in a thread somewhere here - is that PP may become a Muppet CM (similar to H&V) and that MM will get a Swedish Chef makeover. But I don't remember who posted that so I have no idea of it's "validity".

Brian Swan

I completely agree, with the exception being that I don't have kids to text me when the doors are opening. :) You're lucky! I understand the need for a pre-show. They ought to be able to run loops from the many hours of the Muppet TV show. The material could be completely random so that the likelihood of seeing the same pre-show stuff twice would be minimized.
I think this would be a great idea. The "gimmick" of characters leaving one screen and then appearing in a different one was kind of cool when it first opened - I remember really enjoying it - but technology has progressed so much since then the novelty has gone.

DisDan

I still wish that Disney would announce specifics on the changes. I don't think it would've hurt them if they announced them with the land.
The only problem that presents itself when you release specifics to early is you leave yourself very little wiggle room in the grand scheme and things like budget cuts or other issues get magnified when they do not deliver on details that were originally planned. It creates unnecessary animosity with fans when/if expectations are not met

HiYa Pal

But where will we get such amazing moments in America's history as learning that stopping in the middle of a row is decidedly unpatriotic or will there still be a salute to all nations but mostly America?? I swear sometimes that Sam the American Eagle is my spirit animal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom