PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Magenta Panther

The props were removed, yes. But the actual parts of the show are still in place.The swedish chef's projector is literally covered up by a cheap curtain. Have you even been there?

Miceage has indicated that it's VERY unlikely the theater will be returned to the puppets. And why would TDA do such a thing? Gut it again, and reinstall all the old props and junk, and for what? So the theater will once again be mostly empty? Come on.

PizzaPlanet

Miceage has indicated that it's VERY unlikely the theater will be returned to the puppets. And why would TDA do such a thing? Gut it again, and reinstall all the old props and junk, and for what? So the theater will once again be mostly empty? Come on.
But if this hypothetical update comes to Hollywood Studios, they would put in the effort to bring it to the west coast version as well.

FigmentJedi

California's 3D theaters have been pretty de-emphasized as just preview theaters anyways, not just the Muppet one. With Disneyland being more a local crowd in contrast to World's tourists, 3D attractions just can't sustain themselves anymore over there. Tough to Be a Bug's been consistently getting the preview theater treatment in the last year between Ant-Man, Good Dinosaur and soon Zootopia. Their Magic Eye's home to that Star Wars clip show.

Magenta Panther

California's 3D theaters have been pretty de-emphasized as just preview theaters anyways, not just the Muppet one. With Disneyland being more a local crowd in contrast to World's tourists, 3D attractions just can't sustain themselves anymore over there. Tough to Be a Bug's been consistently getting the preview theater treatment in the last year between Ant-Man, Good Dinosaur and soon Zootopia. Their Magic Eye's home to that Star Wars clip show.

Very true - but I bet Philharmagic would be a huge hit out there. I hope Disneyland gets it someday.

Brer Panther

Even if Anna and Elsa are kicking Aladdin out, I doubt they'll be leaving the Muppet Theater anytime soon.

And even if they do, they'll probably just let it sit empty.

Magenta Panther

And it was the happiest day of MagentaPanther's life.

Actually, when I heard about it, I cried like a baby. It was a terrible shock.

Now, listen, you tool - everything I've said about the lackluster performance of the Muppet franchise for Disney has been borne out by a little thing called reality. What a mean little person you must be, accusing someone of celebrating a tragic premature death just because you love a bunch of puppet characters. Good god, get a grip. If this is the kind of influence the Muppets have had on you, you really need to stay away from them. They're not good for you (or for ABC's ratings and Disney merchandising - oopsy! Did it again!)

mm52200

I have a hard time fully believing the argument that Muppet Vision or certain shows/attractions that still pull big crowds at DHS only do so because there's barely anything to do at the park. American Idol Experience which had a huge marquee, prominent place in the park could barely pull crowds to fill half a theatre during peak times. LMA has to beg people to come to their shows, I'm sure they pull good crowds but I doubt they're amazing. Just saying the last few times I've been to the studios Muppet Vision has had really strong crowds.

Haymarket2008

Obviously the Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose issue is more than likely a Muppets related project, but do the recently announced Meet & Greet closures in that corner of the park have anything to do with it? In terms of theme, anyway...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom