PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Jon81uk

All I know is when I go to Cars Land I'm able to eat at Flo's V8 Cafe, so when I go to Toy Story Land I had better be able to get me some Pizza Planet!

But in Cars Land, Flo's is part of Radiator Springs so if you are in the world inhabited by Mater and Lighting it makes sense. Whereas in Toy Stroy Land, if you are the size of a toy then Pizza Planet would need to be 120 feet tall to make you feel six inches tall like a green alien.
Unless they go for a cop-out and have a Pizza Planet playset.

note2001

I want to see all Disney restaurants to serve only iconic Disney food, nothing they themselves didn't invent. No pizza, burgers, chicken fingers, spaghetti, hot dogs... that leaves us with... Mickey icecream on a stick.

Ransom

Muppets retheme seems reasonable.

I will hope that in the end there will be an edible vegetable pizza available here, along with a decent salad. That's all I ask.

But I won't hold my breath.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Muppets retheme seems reasonable.

I will hope that in the end there will be an edible vegetable pizza available here, along with a decent salad. That's all I ask.

But I won't hold my breath.

inside-out-anger-pizza-ruined.gif

Ransom

Heh.

Well, if I were to ask for what I really want, it'd be a thin-crust pepperoni pizza with onion, with crust that actually tastes like pizza crust. And a flavorful sauce. Oh, and keep the crushed red pepper on hand to sprinkle liberally on top.

But, asking for such things is too much I think. So an edible vegetable pizza would be good enough.

doctornick

So its coming back as a pizza serving restaurant? There is no way they are spending a whole year refurbishing this building and not rethemeing it. My guess is Muppets is staying at the park and this is going to be a Muppets themed restaurant.

Wasn't "Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor" an old theme that was considered? Seems like an obvious option.

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

More registers? Were the lines that bad or are they preparing for an uptick in guests. If more guests, why? We're not planning on seeing anything new (that we know of) until 2017 at the earliest.

This would be among the worst line I would see for the pizza places (Pizzafari, Rosie's area in DHS). The lines would be horrific- I found myself going early just to not wait in that line.

Kevin_W

This would be among the worst line I would see for the pizza places (Pizzafari, Rosie's area in DHS). The lines would be horrific- I found myself going early just to not wait in that line.

I saw some pretty horrific lines during SWW. Instead, we made a lunch reservation for Mama Melrose, had no line, and ate far superior pizza for only a couple bucks more. :)

Zipadeelady

Maybe this was mentioned but If it's going to stay Pizza Planet wouldn't they want to move it over to the new Toy Story Land? And IMO they can't have a Toy Story Land without a Pizza Planet!!

I'm also beginning to think that I may be the only one out there that likes the pizza. :inlove:

punkabella

Like many people have mentioned before, I hope it is rethemed with The Muppets. I like the idea of there being a quick service pizza place there (regardless if it's cardboard or not), because sometimes I don't want to be creative with my food, and I don't want hamburgers either. Seems to be an easy to please place for kids, too.

Kman101

The long refurb seems like it SHOULD lead to a Muppet re-theme. That would be nice and tie the area together. I'd hope they do away with the Pizza Planet Arcade theme regardless though.

The open store near Studio Catering Co. has all those props around the ceiling (similar to the MuppetVision queue) they could even just move those (if that area should become walled off) and there ya go.

Any chance they change the pizza here like they did with Pizzafari at AK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom