Pirates 3 Discussion Thread *Where You Can Talk About The Movie After You See It*

makonyy15

Huh...even more "happily ever after" than I thought then.

Thanks for the explanation-- that clears things up quite a bit. I wonder what the deleted scene looked like...maybe it was extra dialog from the part where she was behind bars?

That's what I'm guessing. You can imply that it would fit there. Davy Jones does mention his 10 years of true service before he was betrayed, so that would be when he stopped ferrying souls to the other side, bound Calypso and turned into a giant sea creature.

lpet11984

Does anyone know for sure if the Keith Richards character is Jack's father or brother? In Wickipedia it states he could be either.

I thought there was a point where Jack calls him "pop" or "dad" or something...when he was giving Jack advice about having to not just live but live with himself....

Beyond that, I think there's a mention that he's Jack's father in the interview both Richards and Depp did for Rolling Stone...

bbrerrabbit

I thought there was a point where Jack calls him "pop" or "dad" or something...when he was giving Jack advice about having to not just live but live with himself....

Beyond that, I think there's a mention that he's Jack's father in the interview both Richards and Depp did for Rolling Stone...

Thanks - I missed that in the movie. :)

lpet11984

Thanks - I missed that in the movie. :)

No problem...I'm going back to see the movie again tomorrow morning, because I get the feeling I missed a few things myself. In fact, I was watching DMC earlier today and I can't believe I never noticed that Tia Dalma's musical locket, identical to Davy Jones', makes an appearance...they only flash to it for a second while Jack pilfers a ring, but it's right there, front and center of the screen. Foreshadowing at its earliest. I love picking up on all the little clues!

metscool

This one was darker then the others. I laughed a lot in this one. I liked the part in the locker when I thought Jack went crazy. There was too many Jacks in the beginning. I don't know why Beckett killed the Kracken.

DisneyDefenders

Tia Dalma and Davy Jones

No problem...I'm going back to see the movie again tomorrow morning, because I get the feeling I missed a few things myself. In fact, I was watching DMC earlier today and I can't believe I never noticed that Tia Dalma's musical locket, identical to Davy Jones', makes an appearance...they only flash to it for a second while Jack pilfers a ring, but it's right there, front and center of the screen. Foreshadowing at its earliest. I love picking up on all the little clues!

My bf picked up on the locket thing the first time we saw "Dead Man's Chest" together. What never gets explained, which he and I believe, is whether or not the church where the final battle scene in "Dead Man's Chest" takes place, is the church where Calypso and Davy Jones were to be married.

DisneyDefenders

Scorn

Yeah, well people liked NORBIT and Wild Hogs too. Let's just say that America ain't exactly the best judge of quality.

Oh, and I have no doubt that this movie will make Disney a ton of money. In fact, I would be surprised if didn't break a heap of records.

Did you get denied a part in one of the Pirates movies or something? I mean...you seem pretty bent on ripping on them. It looks like you even changed your avatar ready to attack the movie on this forum. You've stated your opinion, now let others make up their own mind.

:fork:

magicfan

Saw it last night, but got home late and was busy all day so far.

Anyway, I thought overall it was a good movie. I thought the first Jack Land of the Dead scene dragged on and on and on. I mean, it didn't take very long to realize what was going on. That was probably one of the only scenes that turned me off and I was almost bored. Maybe I'm just impatient. I somehow completely missed the line about the kraken being killed off. That had me confused. OK that monkey was everywhere. Really, that was overkill. Come on.

So I'm sure more of you had that group of younger girls that would make adoring oohs and ahhs everytime Jack came on the screen. Jack "Didn't anyone come to save me just because they missed me?" Girls (standing, waving, and screaming): "we did!"

lpet11984

My bf picked up on the locket thing the first time we saw "Dead Man's Chest" together. What never gets explained, which he and I believe, is whether or not the church where the final battle scene in "Dead Man's Chest" takes place, is the church where Calypso and Davy Jones were to be married.

What an interesting idea! I wouldn't be surprised, seems like a logical connection...

Wilt Dasney

Let's not rip people just for expressing negative opinions.

The thread title says "talk about the movie after you see it." Nothing in there about having to LIKE it. Plenty of people with the opposite opinion are chiming in.

dxwwf3

It looks like you even changed your avatar ready to attack the movie on this forum.

That's the name of his video podcast: Worst Movie Ever. It's a great show that he and his sister do a great job with. Although I have a feeling he'll have a segment on this movie at the end of one of the upcoming shows :lol:

haveyoumetmark

:eek:

How about a devastating $43 million opening day compared to Spider-Man 3's $59.3 million opening night. If you factor in Thursday night's previews, then At World's End made a total of $57 million in a little over a day.

I hoped it would do better, but I guess I really don't care since it was a great movie IMO. Maybe Disney will care.... :lol:

But there's always today (Saturday) to help out in the weekend box office report.

Oh, Here's my source for the box office numbers:
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=263533&GT1=7701

EDIT: Okay, I just read in another thread that Thursday's numbers were $17 million. Which would leave At World's End with a total of $60 million in just over a day, beating Spider-Man 3. Technically AWE didn't beat Spidey though because Thursday's numbers don't count? Ahhh.. who cares? :lol:

DisneyDefenders

Let's not rip people just for expressing negative opinions.

The thread title says "talk about the movie after you see it." Nothing in there about having to LIKE it. Plenty of people with the opposite opinion are chiming in.

I'm sorry, but if you read everything the poster has said, it seems to be more than just a dislike of the movie IMO. Seems there's something more to it. :lookaroun

Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilt Dasney
CNN says not s' good, mate:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi...end/index.html

Entertainment Weekly gives it a C:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20039931,00.html

I agree... I was expecting more of this movie :( It was too complicated and I needed to see more of Jack Sparrow (not clones though).

I still think that the first one was the best (even the music). The second one was good too, just different. They both had more things to remember that will become "classics" (why is the rum gone?, savvy?, the giant wheel scene, the bone cages, the multiple eyes - LOL) and for this one, I don´t think I will remember any! Well... maybe the crabs... haha.

I really missed Jack´s drunken comedy on this one and since it was more "obscure"-it was almost all at night and too many battles, I even dozed off a few times. :eek:

Oh well... I´ll wait for the 4th one... :animwink:

jesserin

Personally I loved all the ride referances. I was thrilled that Disney (writers or whomever) took into account that all 3 movies where built upon such a simple ride... I looked around and saw several broad smiling faces during the ride referances... myself included. :)

I also find it funny that 80% of America (by someone stats above) love the movie and yet people keep quoting the oh say 8 or so critics that keep nailing pirates as a bad film... and then they wonder what's wrong with America? *confused*

Clearly we need new critics if they can't represent the majority of America. :shrug:

One question I had - or at least something that had a rather week ending imo - was the whole Calypso thing. She just disappeared over the ship... and that's it? No revenge on either side... no help on either side... she just... disappeared?! I was expecting something great from her after all they put into her character...

Aside from that, the main characters where thrilling. I loved each of their personalities and the many twists they took - it was realistic in the sense that it was an emotional journey for each of them.

Great film. Definately one to own in my opinion. :)

imagineer boy

One question I had - or at least something that had a rather week ending imo - was the whole Calypso thing. She just disappeared over the ship... and that's it? No revenge on either side... no help on either side... she just... disappeared?! I was expecting something great from her after all they put into her character...

Well, she made the MaElStRoM that stopped both both fleets from having a huge devastating battle that would've crushed the pirates and made the whirl pool. Davy Jones didn't want his former lover to stop him, so he charged the black pearl into the whirl pool anyway.

LouDisney

I loved the movie, I thought it was great. I followed right along, never found anything complicated at all about it. I laughed a lot. I don't get the whole not enough Jack, he was in it plenty to me. I thought it was very well done, funny, all around great. I loved the way they ended it too.

jesserin

Well, she made the MaElStRoM that stopped both both fleets from having a huge devastating battle that would've crushed the pirates and made the whirl pool. Davy Jones didn't want his former lover to stop him, so he charged the black pearl into the whirl pool anyway.

Well, true. I just didn't think the malestrom was that big of a deal. I mean, either side could have died - so it's not like she was really helping or hurting... and being the "water godess" she could have just as easily sunk whomever she wanted to seek revenge on instead of letting them fight it out. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom