Pirates 3 Discussion Thread *Where You Can Talk About The Movie After You See It*

dxwwf3

Ooh!!! I can answer this! (I just hope no one else did already. :lol: )

The reason for the ride reference is that that part was supposed to be straight from the ride. The part where they go over the waterfall came straight from the the "waterfall" your boat goes over on the POTC ride. So that is why the audio from the ride is there. (It's also where the title of the movie came from)

I can't believe I didn't think of that. It still doesn't really make sense in the story of the film, but now I understand why it was there. I guess it can kind of be viewed as a joke for the fans. Thanks for pointing that out.

rbrower

I can't believe I didn't think of that. It still doesn't really make sense in the story of the film, but now I understand why it was there. I guess it can kind of be viewed as a joke for the fans. Thanks for pointing that out.
A different way to think of it is like the different Pirates that are trapped in Davy Jones locker and you are hearing the ghosts of them. I don't know why, I just kind of thought of it that way.

nibblesandbits

that's what I heard...but I don't remember where. It was something official though. I really wished I remember where I heard or read it now.

I think it was definitely mostly a joke for the fans...but at least that explains it a little better.

DisneyDefenders

Works for me!

A different way to think of it is like the different Pirates that are trapped in Davy Jones locker and you are hearing the ghosts of them. I don't know why, I just kind of thought of it that way.

I like that as a plausible explanation! One of the best I've heard! Well done mate! :animwink:

jillmo1474

Not happy with POTC 3

I am a huge POTC fan. I liked 1 and 2, but 3 was just flat out wierd. My husband and new what was going on with captain Jack but it was almost as if he was on a bad acid trip or something. LOL! The fighting sequence during the storm was pretty cool. But I did not like what happened to Will, and I don't think Jack was expecting that. He looked suprised when it happened. But I thought it was thoughtful of him to whisk Elisabeth out of the way before they took Will's heart. I still like POTC and the whole idea about it, just not 3. Sorry.:shrug:

catinthehat

Gosh, I LOVED it! It was better than I expected. I did not want it to end. I think I am going to see it again this weekend. Did yall see the part of the credits? If not, yall have to check it out. Great ending.

Loved seeing Barbossa -- he and Jack were great. And love how the love triangle ended -- wont say if you have not see it.

Extremely happy

jam814

I enjoyed it very much. The negatives where that it dragged out abit to long. But other wise it was better then spidy there was just to many villians in that.

Jesùs_Carioca

Well here's my theory, and i know for a fact that it isn't applicable for all movie goers, and i might regret it when somehow i get proven wrong... but i actually enjoyed the long legnth of pirates solely for the fact that i paid $8.50 to get into the theatre...and a little extra stretch made it feel as if it wasn't a bad spend? I had no problem with it.

Heh, now if i were to rewatch it again...iii could see how i might want to fast forward some places.

But what i will say about the movie is that i really really liked it. But enough people have gotten the core of the thoughts down (oh man...was i 10 pages late again?)...so just some points that i can't stop from saying:

-Hans Zimmer is a God when it comes to musical scores. I used to be addicted to Dead Man's Chest's soundtrack, and now I'm already even more so on At World's End's. "Hoist the Colors" was an amazing theme to work around, and oh he worked it alright. Zimmer deserves credit for making Pirates for me every time.

-I KNEW that that freakin' Dog had a secret behind those keys. That was hilarious.

- (This one's a stretch, but i had to find something NEW to say, no?) It took me 4 days later to make this connection, but when my ladyfriend took me to EPCOT with her to see the Flower and Garden Festival before it ended, she made the link between the "Maelstrom" scene and how the ride in norway was also called by that name. Muy interesante.

-Overall, The movie was great, and i could see how some people were dissapointed with how much the movie made a viewer think and pay attention to dialoguing as if their life deprended on it to understand the film as a whole (a pretty drastic change from the first two i think)...but i actually liked it. It was new and unexpected, and i liked it.

DDuckFan130

Just got back from seeing the movie. I read the spoilers and for me it helped because otherwise I'd have been lost :lol: I'll comment on things and since this is the "spoiler" thread, I won't warn you all :p...maybe I just did :lookaroun

Awesome movie!!! I loved how it ended and what Jack did. I guess he is good after all? :lookaroun

My only complaint is how we never saw Calypso again after well she turned into a bunch of crabs.

LOOOVED the impromptu wedding and Barbossa officiating it :ROFLOL:

There were just so many great parts in it and I didn't feel it was horribly long :D

pinkrose

Just got back from seeing the movie. I read the spoilers and for me it helped because otherwise I'd have been lost :lol: I'll comment on things and since this is the "spoiler" thread, I won't warn you all :p...maybe I just did :lookaroun

Awesome movie!!! I loved how it ended and what Jack did. I guess he is good after all? :lookaroun

My only complaint is how we never saw Calypso again after well she turned into a bunch of crabs.

LOOOVED the impromptu wedding and Barbossa officiating it :ROFLOL:

There were just so many great parts in it and I didn't feel it was horribly long :D

I agree!

It's about time you saw it. :p

It's a great movie. I need to get the soundtrack now. I love the music!

DDuckFan130

I agree!

It's about time you saw it. :p

It's a great movie. I need to get the soundtrack now. I love the music!
:lol: Hey my siblings and I had to go together and were finally able to yesterday :lol:

I loooove Johnny Depp. But in the end when they cut out Will's heart and he came back, I found myself saying "whoa mama"

:lookaroun

pinkrose

:lol: Hey my siblings and I had to go together and were finally able to yesterday :lol:

I loooove Johnny Depp. But in the end when they cut out Will's heart and he came back, I found mysely saying "whoa mama":lookaroun

That was me too! :ROFLOL: You know how I am about Captian Jack, but WOW! Will was looking mighty hot in that scene.

SpongeScott

I liked the movie, although it was a touch long. I needed more padding in my theatre seat.

Music was great, as usual.

I whispered to my wife at the end of the movie when Will and Elizabeth were on the beach that there is no way that was actually Keira Knightley's leg because it was way too meaty to be hers. :lol:

DDuckFan130

I liked the movie, although it was a touch long. I needed more padding in my theatre seat.

I whispered to my wife at the end of the movie when Will and Elizabeth were on the beach that there is no way that was actually Keira Knightley's leg because it was way too meaty to be hers. :lol:
:ROFLOL:

Hmmm :lookaroun

pinkrose

:ROFLOL:

MichelleBelle

Speaking of her leg, how the #$&* does she manage to shave at sea admist battles and meetings???

There's no way her legs would have looked like that, unless she shaved on the boat ride to shore to meet Will.

imagineer boy

Well, I just came back from seeing it for the third time today. I don't care what other people think, I love this movie. I think I'll see it a couple more times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom