PHOTOS - First look inside the new Haunted Mansion gift shop - Memento Mori

Buried20KLeague

How do you know that would've actually been possible? There's a long tunnel leading out of the Mansion, but it's not obvious to me that any of the surrounding space is large enough or disposable enough to be reconfigured in that way.

The catacombs, if I recall, were on the table at WDI. @Lee ? @marni1971 ? It would have taken up the exit area plus the pet graveyard. It was proposed as part of the major refurb it got a handful of years back. I certainly didn't make it up... It was discussed here at length.

Atomicmickey

Are those ghosts pulling at my wallet . . . ? 'Cause I feel the pull . .

Love the busts, wow.

And . . . the reproduction of the main sign plaque . . . is that for sale, and how much?
(I have a cast repro, but those look nicer . . . !)

tirian

The catacombs, if I recall, were on the table at WDI. @Lee ? @marni1971 ? It would have taken up the exit area plus the pet graveyard. It was proposed as part of the major refurb it got a handful of years back. I certainly didn't make it up... It was discussed here at length.

It would have been built under that berm separating LS from FL, and it was mostly a Blue Sky wish.

Edit: Around the same time, WDI and Entertainment considered turning the old Keelboats dock into a villain's M&G. They actually went out and did studies instead of acknowledging the obvious space issues.

Last edited:

TomP

I'm glad they have added a gift shop dedicated to HM. I understand the reason to keep the exterior "normal" in order to fit into Liberty Sq but I'm disappointed that the interior is not more "atmospheric".

Those "Spirit Photos" look neat. Is that something that has been offered before? Can't wait to visit.

Stevek

What is that book with the orange binding? Looks like it says "There is no turning back now"

Wonder if this is the updated version that includes Mystic Point.

Last edited:

Buried20KLeague

I'm actually glad they didn't tack this thing on to the Mansion itself.

If it would have meant a highly detailed underground burial area, I would have been all for it. The coolest part of phantom manor for me was the drop backwards into the catacombs. The idea of somehow getting a piece of that at WDW would have been exciting. And the effects they could have worked into it? Could have been so cool.

Bairstow

If it would have meant a highly detailed underground burial area, I would have been all for it. The coolest part of phantom manor for me was the drop backwards into the catacombs. The idea of somehow getting a piece of that at WDW would have been exciting. And the effects they could have worked into it? Could have been so cool.

The new graveyard queue addition is highly-detailed and has lots of effects and it still sucks

I don't trust the current crop of imagineers to do anything to the Mansion right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom