Pet Peeve parents who take their kids to the parks in pajamas

joanna71985

Go on one of the days it is open 24 hours. (no idea when the next one will be) PJs are the uniform of choice even for the characters.

hrr497424LARGE.jpg

Disney stopped doing them, which is a shame (I did 3 of them, and they were a blast)

mf1972

i can totally seeing kids in pj’s if it’s MNSSHP. considering how many people (kids included) wear mickey ears, various disney hats & t-shirts, i always thought WDW is at least 1 place anyone can look out of the ordinary & no one would think twice about it

Willmark

Of course parents bring their kids to the parks in their PJs.

Mom could, in theory pack them in their rolling SUV lockers, errrr strollers but that would take up valuable space from the four bottles of sunscreen, water bottles, blankets, hand sanitizers, napkins, Kleenex, two pairs of extra socks for each of the three kids, 8 sandwiches, slate formula, 12 pack of coke, rain ponchos, bag of chips, nail file, finger nail clippers, flip flops, chap stick, bug spray, spray on lotion (as a backup to the primary). Juice boxes, diapers, changing cloth, extra triple A batteries, sweatshirts, spare shorts for little Johnny. Antacids, pepto, usb chargers and umbrellas.

Maddad

Ha! Off topic, but hubby actually walks around judging the actual park and the equipment. He's a mechanical engineer and there have been a few buildings we have walked into where he was like, "Yeah, that shouldn't be there." :hilarious:
I’m an electrician and look at installs everywhere we go. There have been multiple times I have looked at my wife while out to eat and predicted that the building will burn down.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
So you just go to bed dirty? After sweating in Florida heat and humidity because you are tired you just sleep in sweat and filth? And you do it in a hotel,? i just don't see how people can sleep dirty or let their kids go to sleep filthy? It's beyond me how anyone can stand that.

KIsAPrincess

My littlest is 3. She loves dressing up as a princess. Oftentimes in the summer - it is too hot for her to wear that Disney princess costume. I have found that the disney princess pj dresses are a good substitute and it keeps her cool. It is not the same one that she will wear to bed that evening. I figure the OP is not talking about this scenario in particular - but just throwing out there.

DfromATX

OK, I have a confession. First, let me say that I never wear pj's in public and I agree, it looks sloppy, especially on grown people (not so much kiddos)... but.... on our last trip to Disney, ahem... I wore my pj's to MK! Hear me out though.... I don't actually wear pj's per se, my pj's actually look more like short sets. Due to my showering twice a day there, I actually ran out of clean clothes! That was a first for me and we still laugh about it today. My step daughters swore to me that you couldn't tell I was in my "night clothes." It looked like I was wearing a black tank top with black and white shorts - only they were super soft and man was I comfy! (The shorts weren't even short like some night shorts are.) And, this was in the evening as it was getting dark. I was desperate!!

NickMaio

So you just go to bed dirty? After sweating in Florida heat and humidity because you are tired you just sleep in sweat and filth? And you do it in a hotel,? i just don't see how people can sleep dirty or let their kids go to sleep filthy? It's beyond me how anyone can stand that.
It is truly beyond me why you care so much........................
Ok, you should have just posted, "If you go to bed sweaty and filthy you are a slob" - Your issue seems to be with this, not really about PJ's?

It is quite easy to judge others, once you have children, EVERYTHING changes. Even your viewpoints on life.

Enjoy the park your way - - - leave the judgement to the "Judges".
Hakuna Matata

mattdenine

As long as they are comfortable and not hurting anyone who cares. Sometimes my youngest wants to wear PJ's when she goes to day care my wife doesn't fight with her and allows her to wear new PJ's. Maybe some of the kids you see wanted to wear PJ's, when it comes to parenting you have to pick your battles and a kid wearing PJ's in public isn't always a fight worth picking.

wdwfan22

For me it's a sign of the parents being lazy. My parents would never have allowed us to be in pajamas out in the parks. Pajamas are to be worn to sleep in, not hangout in the theme parks. It amazes me how lazy people have gotten.

Dave B

For me it's a sign of the parents being lazy. My parents would never have allowed us to be in pajamas out in the parks. Pajamas are to be worn to sleep in, not hangout in the theme parks. It amazes me how lazy people have gotten.
Its NOT about LAZY at all, its about comfort and being on vacation at the happiest place on Earth, you seem very wound up, time to take a deep breathe and relax, LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT

Rich T

Its NOT about LAZY at all, its about comfort and being on vacation at the happiest place on Earth, you seem very wound up, time to take a deep breathe and relax, LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT
Nope. It's about lazy parents. There's a thing called comfortable *day clothes* for kids. It's an amazing invention. Available everywhere. For Cheap. Some parents just can't be bothered to actually dress their kids before heading out from the hotel, I guess. No one likes to see ANYONE in pajamas at a theme park. Granted, it would be far grosser if it was an adult... :D WDW shouldn't look like Walmart on a bad morning.

Dave B

How is it LAZY in anyway when its a choice to pack them and put them on, we could just as easily pack an extra pair of shorts, sweats and a t-shirt, it is 100% about choice and comfort and in NO WAY LAZY

Dave B

Nope. It's about lazy parents. There's a thing called comfortable *day clothes* for kids. It's an amazing invention. Available everywhere. For Cheap. Some parents just can't be bothered to actually dress their kids before heading out from the hotel, I guess. No one likes to see ANYONE in pajamas at a theme park. Granted, it would be far grosser if it was an adult... :D WDW shouldn't look like Walmart on a bad morning.
You are incorrect on this one for sure my man

Rich T

You are incorrect on this one for sure my man
What, I'm incorrect about adults in PJs at Disney being more gross? :D Seriously, though, if the kid's in a stroller, no prob. If the kid's walking around and getting on/off rides, it's gross and a potential health issue. Dress your kids, folks. Being on vacation doesn't mean you shouldn't toss all class and good taste to the wind. Disney is supposed to have standards. That goes for guest behavior, too.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
This has always been a big pet peeve of mine as you see it so much, the I see a Disney site where someone posted a tip to "put your kids in their pajamas before heading out to the parks for the evening" and I just had to vent. Am i the only one who thinks this is stupid on so many levels? First, pajamas are to sleep in not for going outside in. Second, your going to drag your kid around in the Florida heat and humidity and just go back to the room and put their nasty little selves to bed without bathing them? Third its teaching your kids to be lazy and be slobs. Ok rant over just wondering if I am alone in my opinion?

What is this, 1890? Who died and gave you the right to tell people what they can and can't wear? Are their privates covered? If yes, mind your own business.

ELG13

I don't really see kids in pj's at the parks?

Is that a thing?

Obviously, unless you return later to your trailer in a swamp in the panhandle you visit the parks in clothes, not nightwear.
Hey...I live in the panhandle. There are way more trailers in lower Alabama....and they have pet alligators. But that's neither here nor there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom