Pet Peeve parents who take their kids to the parks in pajamas

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
This has always been a big pet peeve of mine as you see it so much, the I see a Disney site where someone posted a tip to "put your kids in their pajamas before heading out to the parks for the evening" and I just had to vent. Am i the only one who thinks this is stupid on so many levels? First, pajamas are to sleep in not for going outside in. Second, your going to drag your kid around in the Florida heat and humidity and just go back to the room and put their nasty little selves to bed without bathing them? Third its teaching your kids to be lazy and be slobs. Ok rant over just wondering if I am alone in my opinion?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Jon-Stewart-Eagerly-Watching-Eating-His-Popcorn-On-The-Daily-Show_408x408.jpg

Minnie Mum

I understand the thought behind this. I can't count the number of times, when my kids (and now my DGS) were little, that they have fallen asleep before we got back to the resort at night. And then having to wake them up to change them into their pj's. If you're at your resort, I can see after dinner bathing them and changing them into their pj's for the couple of hours you'll be in the parks. Older kids, no.

MomofPrincessGrace

I haven't put my kid in pajama's per se but, we have gone back to the room and changed her into "comfy clothes" before going to see the fireworks. If we are doing a park open to park close, we usually leave the parks around 4, go to the room and freshen up (changing into something more comfortable) before heading to the park for fireworks. Many parents will admit that kids will fall asleep all the time (especially children under 5) prior to actually getting "ready" for bed and they just let them sleep. Mine would usually sleep through a good wiping down. Once you have had your kid wake up cranky at 10 p.m. and refuse to go back to sleep you figure out that sometimes its best to not wake them up for a full bath routine.

KCheatle

I've never put my kids in PJs to go to the parks, but I have definitely showered them, put them in PJs, and then walked down to watch the Electrical water pageant. For me, it was a timing thing. The show didn't get to WL until ~9:30, but my kids needed to shower before bed, and I didn't want to make them shower at 9:45. So, I used the time before the show to shower them, and then I wasn't going to put them back in their dirty clothes. I understand that their PJs were not hospital sanitary after that, but I didn't feel like they were particularly dirty? And, I guess I'm not that bothered by them sleeping in "dirty" clothes - they napped every day in their clothes that they had worn all morning and gotten paint, food, dirt, mulch, etc. on. I guess if they spilled an ice cream sandwich on it, I'd change the PJs. I'm thinking this is what the parents who bring their kids to hte parks are thinking? And, I remember when my DD was very little and we stayed at POP Century. The trek back and forth from MK was a ridiculous waste of time, and every time we went home she fell asleep on the bus in my husband's arms. I can see how parents staying there would prefer to pack PJs so that when their kids fall asleep on the ride home, all they have to do is put them in bed instead of changing them?? Not saying I would do that, but I can understand the logic.

Dave B

We all go in our PJ's ay least once on our 10 day trip if not twice, its so relaxing and fun, we go to a park all morning, back to the resort to pool and lunch and relax, back to the park at night for fireworks and in our PJ's. Sorry if I made you upset OP, but it is great, and yes we still shower when we get home and put different PJ's on, once in a while we do wait to shower in morning, just depends on how the night went

The Empress Lilly

I don't really see kids in pj's at the parks?

Is that a thing?

Obviously, unless you return later to your trailer in a swamp in the panhandle you visit the parks in clothes, not nightwear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom