Pet Peeve parents who take their kids to the parks in pajamas

Hayley In Wonderland

Ha ha! See below..

You can!!

My son has 4 pair of denim and 2 other pants hanging in his closet with tags still on them, since March.

Why? Because he is Obsessed with the pants shown below. Those and shorts are all he wants to wear now. I know a lot of adult men who wear them as well.

Soccer pants and capris are basically public-appropriate leggings for men!

View attachment 292891View attachment 292892
I don't blame him, they look sooooo comfortable.

21stamps

Oh boy you've gone off the deep end on this one. Your eight year old's closet is not indicative of appropriate clothing for grown men.

My 8 year old has consistently dressed better than most adult men, starting at age 1.(with the admittable exception of his obnoxious LED shoes) :)

More importantly, the attached pictures are grown men. A lot of my male friends wear them.

So.. you hush up!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's 2018, people should be able to wear what they like without it being judged by someone else.
Maybe in Wonderland, @Hayley In Wonderland, but not the real world.

The only time the statement "people can do what they like" doesn't stand is when it's going to cause harm or discriminate against anyone else.
Of course people CAN do what they like. Me thinking that pajamas make adults look infantile does not change the fact that you CAN wear pajamas. You CAN do whatever you want and I CAN think whatever I want. My thoughts on the matter have nothing to do with your ability to do what you want.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Oh boy you've gone off the deep end on this one. Your eight year old's closet is not indicative of appropriate clothing for grown men.

Unless they're actively engaged in some kind of athletic competition, men should be wearing natural fibers only.

Sorry, but I prefer only the finest unnatural fiber clothing. That's why my cargo pajamas are only made of the finest zombie hide.

Hayley In Wonderland

Of course people CAN do what they like. Me thinking that pajamas make adults look infantile does not change the fact that you CAN wear pajamas. You CAN do whatever you want and I CAN think whatever I want. My thoughts on the matter have nothing to do with your ability to do what you want.
But it does when you outright, openly, on a public forum, start calling people slobs for their choice of clothing.

21stamps

I agree with you. Here’s one of my most embarrassing/funniest photos. I was a hot mess this day. Overslept, didn’t have time to iron what I planned on wearing. So instead, I grabbed an under armour tee and sweats.. not leggings, boot cut yoga pants. Those items of clothing wouldn’t be too bad, but when combined with my nappy didn’t-have-time-to-blow dry hair, and my trailer trash chipping nail polish— it was horrendous.

A photo pass photog took this after I declined to be in the photo. He got me. :(

I’m sure plenty of people looked and thought I was a hot mess that day too.😂 oh well, it happens. Nothing wrong with silent judgement as long as you’re polite.

643C3902-7571-43AA-BA33-4A65FC893991.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I agree with you. Here’s one of my most embarrassing/funniest photos. I was a hot mess this day. Overslept, didn’t have time to iron what I planned on wearing. So instead, I grabbed an under armour tee and sweats.. not leggings, boot cut yoga pants. Those items of clothing wouldn’t be too bad, but when combined with my nappy didn’t-have-time-to-blow dry hair, and my trailer trash chipping nail polish— it was horrendous.

A photo pass photog took this after I declined to be in the photo. He got me. :(

I’m sure plenty of people looked and thought I was a hot mess that day too.😂 oh well, it happens.

View attachment 292895
SMH what was that photographer hoping to achieve? Even if that was your best dressed, most perfect hair day picture of all time, who would want a random photo of the back of their family's heads?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
But it does when you outright, openly, on a public forum, start calling people slobs for their choice of clothing.
I never called anyone a slob, you took a few logical leaps to get there.

My exact words: If you dress like a slob, it's likely indicative that you are a slob.

I never said 1) wearing pajamas makes you a slob, nor 2) if you dress like a slob you are necessarily a slob, nor 3) any person in particular is a slob.

21stamps

SMH what was that photographer hoping to achieve? Even if that was your best dressed, most perfect hair day picture of all time, who would want a random photo of the back of their family's heads?

I have no idea! 😂🤣. It popped up in MDE and I seriously cracked up. I’ve never had a photo pass photog do such a thing before. To his credit though, he did take one of the best Disney photos of my son. He captured him while looking at EE, before kiddo realized that it was our turn for photos.

jaklgreen

I suffer from a chronic illness, which causes lax muscles which in turn means unstable joints, prone to dislocation. I am tired 99% of the time, yet work 9 hours a day 5 days a week, go home, cook dinner & do the house work. I dress in leggings and comfortable clothing not because I'm a slob, but because I like to be as comfortable as I can considering how much pain I am usually in and how tired I am. Doesn't make me a slob, nor does it make anyone else a slob.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not when your opinion is being judgmental and rude to other people.

And just because the clothes are comfortable, does not mean that you are a slob. To me a slob is someone who does not take care of themselves and wears dirty clothes or does not brush their hair. Nothing wrong with comfy clothes. If wearing dress clothes are comfortable to someone then more power to them. For me, I have yet to find dress up clothes that are comfortable.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

I’m sure plenty of people looked and thought I was a hot mess that day too.😂 oh well, it happens. Nothing wrong with silent judgement as long as you’re polite.

View attachment 292895
Maybe he was going to post it on the People of WDW website... ;)

disneyspirit

I am assuming you have no children because waking up a little one to change clothes usually means a mean tempered wide awake crying child. I am guilty of letting both of my girls wear P.J.s to the park. You find some light Disney pajama's (in our case it was Stitch for both girls) and when they fall asleep its fine. Do I get annoyed when I see teens doing this (and I have seen it) yes but its a lifesaver if you have a child that can sleep anywhere (and does) and just decides that it bed time.
I don't even notice what little kids are wearing, especially if they're in a stroller. As far as PJs somehow make the parents look lazy, I'm amazed how anyone has the energy to take toddlers and babies to the parks, it looks EXhausing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom