Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

Biff215

It’s not about excusal based on past mistakes. It’s about showing that the park hasn’t been one some believe it should be for decades.

Even this playground. You yourself say it cheapens a world class Disney park. But the fact is there has been one nearly just like it off an on for well over a decade.
Fair enough, but I honestly haven’t cared for it even when it was temporary, so I still find that as an excuse.

justintheharris

This is why I'm always scratching my head when people uphold EPCOT as the best park at Disney. It has a nice concept and nice aesthetic and then when it comes time to put out great attractions, they honestly have about 4 that are good but none of the 4 are good enough to be considered headliners. It's most popular rides would barely be considered popular if it sat in any of the other four parks. It's constant putzing around with these festivals and uninspired concepts and really just embarrassing at this point. Maybe Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy will change that. Somehow. I know people dislike the idea of IPs in EPCOT but EPCOT is in serious need of a new approach.

Sharon&Susan

It’s not about excusal based on past mistakes. It’s about showing that the park hasn’t been one some believe it should be for decades.

Even this playground. You yourself say it cheapens a world class Disney park. But the fact is there has been one nearly just like it off an on for well over a decade.

It shouldn’t be in a world class theme park, not even temporarily, period.

eddie104

This is why I'm always scratching my head when people uphold EPCOT as the best park at Disney. It has a nice concept and nice aesthetic and then when it comes time to put out great attractions, they honestly have about 4 that are good but none of the 4 are good enough to be considered headliners. It's most popular rides would barely be considered popular if it sat in any of the other four parks. It's constant putzing around with these festivals and uninspired concepts and really just embarrassing at this point. Maybe Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy will change that. Somehow. I know people dislike the idea of IPs in EPCOT but EPCOT is in serious need of a new approach.
I don't think anybody is claiming it be the best park as many give that honor to Tokyo DisneySea. A lot of attractions are considered unique and one of a kind not some groundbreaking design just different than what you can find at the other parks.

FigmentForver96

I see we've reached the sky is falling phase of the thread ...
It’s always like that. People giving themselves stress over crap that literally makes no difference. It’s a playground and let’s be honest....EPCOT Center is not coming back. It’s gone...been gone. I loved it just as much as anyone who knew it but it’s over. I’m not going to keep wasting my breath yelling, screaming, and pounding dirt every single time something happens. The park is changing and it’s time to accept that. Anybody who knows my posting history knows I hate to say that but it is time.

Biff215

It’s always like that. People giving themselves stress over crap that literally makes no difference. It’s a playground and let’s be honest....EPCOT Center is not coming back. It’s gone...been gone. I loved it just as much as anyone who knew it but it’s over. I’m not going to keep wasting my breath yelling, screaming, and pounding dirt every single time something happens. The park is changing and it’s time to accept that. Anybody who knows my posting history knows I hate to say that but it is time.
I’m perfectly okay with Epcot changing, it certainly needs to. This is not the end of the world, I just think we should expect better from any Disney park.

MuteSuperstar

This garbage however falls short for several reasons: it is a gratuitous IP tie-in, it is cheap off-the-shelf, it is exclusionary (a family park is not a kiddie park), and it clashes with the mood, aesthetics, theme and purpose of EPCOT.

They know they can get away with "good enough" now...heck lots of people are fine with subpar. The difference used to be that after Walt's death, Roy, Eisner and the like at least had enough ambitious creative background to not settle for that even if the audiences clearly increasingly care less and less about such things as aesthetics and coherent themes. Now....well we know about now. I no longer even try to blame anyone and worst of all I really don't care much anymore, the customers and the company work quite swimmingly together now in chipping away at creative, aesthetic ambition, at Epcot most obviously for sure. There are still plenty of things to enjoy across all the parks, without question, but I know it will be diminishing returns for me from here on out. The things that modern audiences value are increasingly not the things I value. But that's true of our culture in general, so I'm done railing against the current Disney exec regime.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is not permanent, they have these just for th festivals like they do every year. Sometimes I wonder if people on these boards have ever been to WDW.

Sometime I wonder if people on these boards have ever seen a hyperlink, like the one on the first post, and ever followed it for the information that its link was meant to convey...

"Newly unveiled today is the permanent Family Play Zone presented by Ralph Breaks the Internet. While the Play Zone is all-new as part of the 2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, it will be a permanent addition to the park and change themes and presenting sponsors “seasonally”."

Surfin' Tuna

"Newly unveiled today is the permanent Family Play Zone presented by Ralph Breaks the Internet. While the Play Zone is all-new as part of the 2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, it will be a permanent addition to the park and change themes and presenting sponsors “seasonally”."

So, is this to imply that it will not leave with F&W goes away?

Couldn't resist. It is stinking ridiculous, though. No shade cloths makes it unusable a big portion of the time, and that makes it even more ridiculous. The real question is, though, can you see the new guardians building from the playground?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, is this to imply that it will not leave with F&W goes away?

Couldn't resist. It is stinking ridiculous, though. No shade cloths makes it unusable a big portion of the time, and that makes it even more ridiculous. The real question is, though, can you see the new guardians building from the playground?

Maybe there will be a season of shade. Or a giant umbrella when Mary Poppins comes out.

Sharon&Susan

I mean it sucks yeah. But nothing else would of gone there anyways. Might as well include a little play place for kids to run off steam. This isn’t a replacement for some believed attraction or anything.
Why not just place a dumpster in one of the empty World Showcase expansion plots? I'm sure it'd please the people who love the smell of garbage and wouldn't have to replace anything!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom